Urlacher out until Reg. Season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
ESPN just reported it's a possibility...cited the Bears having a "very cautious approach"...

If the guy can't recover from a calf strain in a month....

come on, brian(na)

Livewire

Liked Posts:
If this was regular season I am sure Urlacher not only would be playing against Arizona but would have only missed a few series against Oakland.

Lovie and JA know that this defense takes a big dive missing him and being they can loose their jobs this season they are making sure he misses no time in the regular season from a minor lingering injury.

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
If this was regular season I am sure Urlacher not only would be playing against Arizona but would have only missed a few series against Oakland.

Lovie and JA know that this defense takes a big dive missing him and being they can loose their jobs this season they are making sure he misses no time in the regular season from a minor lingering injury.

He's a vet, and probably needs the Pre-season less than most...but after missing so much time last year (like, all season?) I'd like to see him get a little more time in, personally.

Livewire

Liked Posts:
He's a vet, and probably needs the Pre-season less than most...but after missing so much time last year (like, all season?) I'd like to see him get a little more time in, personally.

It is not like we recently installed a new defense (unfortunately). Brian has been in this system for 6 years and he has enough NFL experience that I don't see him missing the preseason matters that much for him even being out all of last season.

bossdrb

The Boss
Donator
Liked Posts:

Agreed. I'd like for him to get some time, but it's the right thing to do at this point unfortunately.

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
It is not like we recently installed a new defense (unfortunately). Brian has been in this system for 6 years and he has enough NFL experience that I don't see him missing the preseason matters that much for him even being out all of last season.

I know he knows the defense...but, one would think that just getting in their and seeing things live action and being in the middle and hitting and getting hit...all that would help prepare...even if it's just for the 1st quarter of the last pre-season game...

Livewire

Liked Posts:
I know he knows the defense...but, one would think that just getting in their and seeing things live action and being in the middle and hitting and getting hit...all that would help prepare...even if it's just for the 1st quarter of the last pre-season game...

I agree, but the persons making the decision are in jeopardy of losing their jobs this year... they will not risk losing the team leader, and they need Brian back at full speed this year.

I would rather they sit him and make sure this calf does not linger into the regular season and he have a slow first game to get acclimated than him battling this thing for 2-4 weeks of the regular season.

TopekaRoy

The Wizard of OZ
Donator
Liked Posts:
Urlacher doesn't need to play in any preseason games. The Bears open against the Lions, so he can use that game to work out the kinks. My only concern is that he won't be out there running the defense. That might affect some of the other defensive players in the preseason.

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Urlacher doesn't need to play in any preseason games. The Bears open against the Lions, so he can use that game to work out the kinks. My only concern is that he won't be out there running the defense. That might affect some of the other defensive players in the preseason.

Something about Stafford, Best, Johnson, and Suh scares the hell outta me.

Livewire

Liked Posts:
Something about Stafford, Best, Johnson, and Suh scares the hell outta me.

The Lions are certainty taking steps forward since the Millen era ended but I would not call the Lions scary at all. If the Lions scare you then the Packers and Viking will give you a stroke and make you shit your pants.

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
The Lions are certainty taking steps forward since the Millen era ended but I would not call the Lions scary at all. If the Lions scare you then the Packers and Viking will give you a stroke and make you shit your pants.

I think it's more the mind-set than anything else. We can't win the NFC-N in week 1, but if we come out flat b/c it's the Lions, a loss could be detrimental.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Am I the only one who thinks Urlacher will be a non-factor this year? Its pretty much just a feeling I have and I sure as hell hope he returns to his form before his injuries, but I just feel Urlacher is done here.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Am I the only one who thinks Urlacher will be a non-factor this year? Its pretty much just a feeling I have and I sure as hell hope he returns to his form before his injuries, but I just feel Urlacher is done here.

I hope Urlacher has a great year to shut the doubters up.

A little off topic here, but I remember a good amount of Sox fans said Konerko was washed up a few years ago or whatever.

Where are they now? :)

JCM

CCS Mod
Liked Posts:

im thinking the same thing.

hopefully he can come back to his old form and play well with out getting injured.

Livewire

Liked Posts:
The problem with Brian Urlacher is that when he was a dominant force he covered up a lot of his weaknesses with his amazing speed and athleticism. He never had great technique, if you do get a body on him he is easy to block. His best years came when he was able to roam the field untouched. He also would make a lot of misreads but he would still be able to run the play down because of his speed.

His age and injuries have slowed him down and even though he is still a very good linebacker he will never be the player he was earlier in his career.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
I dont mind Urlacher sitting out the rest of the preseason. People act like he doesn't know this defense... I mean HE IS the defense lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.