Vick Franchise Tagged

Jysen

I Want To Believe...
Donator
Liked Posts:
According to ESPN, the Eagles will franchise Tag Vick. Kevin Kolb, who is under contract till the end of next year will be most likely traded. Granted nothing can be done until the CBA shit is settled... I personally see Kolb as another Cassell scenario. As there really isnt any high profile QB in the draft, I can see the Cardinals trying for him. Or if the Bengals cant get Palmer on board, theres another possibility. Tho I'd say Cards, Browns, Titans, maybe even Seahawks.

Last edited:

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I won't be surprised if the Vikes make a pitch for Kolb also....

And, this is the best thing Vick could've asked for....if he stays healthy, he's due for a big contract from a team who seems to hold on to QB's a year or two too long anyway.

fade

Liked Posts:
I'd say the Cardinals are the most desperate for a QB, so I most expect Kolb to end up in Arizona.

Jysen

I Want To Believe...
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah the Vikings are another good bet. Titans will try to trade before releasing VY, so thats 2 QBs that may find a home rather quickly.

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Please let Kolb go to Minnesota. I would much rather face him then Joe Webb twice a season. Kolb is garbage.

WearShades

Liked Posts:
Please let Kolb go to Minnesota. I would much rather face him then Joe Webb twice a season. Kolb is garbage.

Really? You'd rather face Kolb than Webb?

Webb's absolutely terrible.

Pedro

Liked Posts:
It was obvious the Eagles would retain Vick the question is; are they keeping Kolb too? Probably they will because they still see him as the QB of the future, but they might be open to listen to trade offers.

WindyCity7

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
kolb isnt garbage he just look like it following vick

JJ-28

Liked Posts:
Our old friend Orton maybe on the move. Its been reported here in Denver that the Cardinals maybe interested.

TopekaRoy

The Wizard of OZ
Donator
Liked Posts:
Any chance you can find some links for this?

Just Google "Kyle Orton Trade" (or click on the link below).
Google

Bleacher report is all over it, but there are some serious sources citing the possibility, as well.

TopekaRoy

The Wizard of OZ
Donator
Liked Posts:
I found this from the Denver Post:
Through 11 of his 13 starts, veteran Kyle Orton played beautifully, if mostly between the 20s. Orton, though, could not overcome the Broncos' ineffective running game and push the offense into the top 10 in scoring.

Tebow was almost the anti-Orton in his final three games: hardly pretty between the 20s, but his running ability helped him play well in the red zone and in the fourth quarter. Tebow will be the Broncos' starting quarterback in 2011. Orton is too good to play backup, so he will likely be traded. The Broncos will ask for a second-round draft pick.

Brady Quinn is a backup with starting experience.

Source

Sunbiz1

Liked Posts:
Just Google "Kyle Orton Trade" (or click on the link below).
Google

Bleacher report is all over it, but there are some serious sources citing the possibility, as well.

That's why bleacher report is still second rate..lol.

Jysen

I Want To Believe...
Donator
Liked Posts:
Figured they'd go with Tebow after they drafted him. Really surprising as Orton did rather well there.

WearShades

Liked Posts:
Figured they'd go with Tebow after they drafted him. Really surprising as Orton did rather well there.

They were smart not to. Tebow still isn't quite ready to be a starting NFL quarterback, but now he's gotten a lot of time to learn without pressure and Orton has become a valuable trade commodity. If Orton even gets them a 3rd round pick (and I expect it'll be a bit more than that) they've played it well. Probably the only thing they've played well of late...