1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
el1zis.png

Stolen from dero's facebook.

Gunzaan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I wish we had a cooler celebrity to represent Chicago... I mean Vince Vaughn is the coolest current celeb from Chicago. That's sad. I guess atleast it isn't John Cusack :(

Gunzaan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I will have to keep my opinion to myself about the mall cop :p

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
John Cusack used to be cool... I guess Chicago has finally stopped throwing Bill Murray away from being the, hey its him at a sporting event. I'm not much of a Vince Vaughn fan but at least it is better than Jim Belushi and him humping his son on the Bears sidelines.

Joan Cusack is the villain of this all, I don't know if anyone else still does but I still refer to U.S. Cellular Field as The Joan.

Gunzaan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
John Cusack used to be cool... I guess Chicago has finally stopped throwing Bill Murray away from being the, hey its him at a sporting event. I'm not much of a Vince Vaughn fan but at least it is better than Jim Belushi and him humping his son on the Bears sidelines.

Joan Cusack is the villain of this all, I don't know if anyone else still does but I still refer to U.S. Cellular Field as The Joan.

I semi-agree with your assessment, but the problem with all of that is that all of those actors suck ass. Really, we are comparing bottom-feeder 1 vs bottom-feeder 2.

Gunzaan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Agreed, a talentless bum. Wish his brother hadn't drank/drugged himself to death.

southern_cross_116

Liked Posts:

Beat me to the Jim Belushi ... :D

The Joan -- never did that, but then again I was living in KC at the time... and well, living in KC was - well, hard enough to take. :obama:

Useless and really painful trivia -- back in the day - I think either the 75th anniversary of the NHL or the 100th anniversary of the Stanley Cup (they were like one after the other) - Pro-Set Platinum or maybe just stock standard Pro-Set had a card for each team's designated celebrity. . .

and, well yes, there is a Jim Belushi wearing a barber pole hawk's jersey card.

Otoh, Pittsburgh's celeb ambassador was Fred Rodgers... yes, that's right - Mr Rodgers. so I'm not entirely sure which city got the better deal. :D

Last edited:

derosabomb

Joecawks is a dope
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
Beat me to the Jim Belushi ... :D

The Joan -- never did that, but then again I was living in KC at the time... and well, living in KC was - well, hard enough to take. :obama:

Useless and really painful trivia -- back in the day - I think either the 75th anniversary of the NHL or the 100th anniversary of the Stanley Cup (they were like one after the other) - Pro-Set Platinum or maybe just stock standard Pro-Set had a card for each team's designated celebrity. . .

and, well yes, there is a Jim Belushi wearing a barber pole hawk's jersey card.

Otoh, Pittsburgh's celeb ambassador was Fred Rodgers... yes, that's right - Mr Rodgers. so I'm not entirely sure which city got the better deal. :D

tumblr_ljtxp9TCHN1qz7lxdo1_500.jpg

Tyler Juranovich

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Eddie Vedder has always been a good celeb/Cubs fan.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Mr. Rodgers can kick some serious ass, I'd take him over any second wheel pathetic sibling celebrity.

Eddie Vedder writing a song of the cubs was the cap to the pathetic end of 08.

southern_cross_116

Liked Posts:
Speaking of Vince Vaughn and Kevin James ... you do realize they were there last year filming a movie ... so Mr James was actually getting paid to be there ... not some bogus buddy buddy - come one over to see the game there King of Queens guy thing?

So Joe's screen shot -- there - that is some serious acting there .... acting just like what they needed in Team America....

Hans Brix... (Never mind - its early - or later - depends upon how you cut it - gotta go).

Tyler Juranovich

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Mr. Rodgers can kick some serious ass, I'd take him over any second wheel pathetic sibling celebrity.

Eddie Vedder writing a song of the cubs was the cap to the pathetic end of 08.

You can't doubt that Vedder has had some of the best 'sit-in interviews' during a game. That said, anyone who talks besides Len and Bob is a blessing.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
A friend of mine just flew down to Phoenix and Vince Vaughn was on her plane. Hawks are dooomed if he isn't taking his Luongo mocking to Vancouver