Was it worth it?

msadows

Liked Posts:
Was it worth it?

Sure.

I don't go into every week hoping to lose. This team was never losing out unless they had a complete melt down in the locker room.

A friendly reminder that picks 16-20 in the 2018 draft are all pro bowlers.

mecha

Liked Posts:
I know a lot of casuals that were like GO BEARS! in the last month of the season. all along I was like dude... it's done. they're not going anywhere. I'm adamantly opposed to this new playoff format, the 7th seed is akin to a participation trophy. but alas yes, going anywhere from 7-9 to 9-7 is like hell on earth. what's bullshit is the Bears already blew their load on a 3-13 season to get Mitchell. there's too much talent available to suck balls of that magnitude to bring about big change.

I'll say it again for the 53rd time, this team is garbage top to bottom. we're fucking stupid for continuing to buy into it.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
So you're asking whether I'd want to have the bears in the playoffs, or if I'd rather have the prospect of some faceless rookie down the road?

No question, I take the playoff game. I have a competitive spirit and rooting to lose is a kind of cynicism that I don't invite into my life.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I know a lot of casuals that were like GO BEARS! in the last month of the season. all along I was like dude... it's done. they're not going anywhere. I'm adamantly opposed to this new playoff format, the 7th seed is akin to a participation trophy. but alas yes, going anywhere from 7-9 to 9-7 is like hell on earth. what's bullshit is the Bears already blew their load on a 3-13 season to get Mitchell. there's too much talent available to suck balls of that magnitude to bring about big change.

I'll say it again for the 53rd time, this team is garbage top to bottom. we're fucking stupid for continuing to buy into it.

Isn't the point of being a fan to cheer on the team?

There isn't anything casual about that. You can cheer them on and still expect them to suck.

msadows

Liked Posts:
So you're asking whether I'd want to have the bears in the playoffs, or if I'd rather have the prospect of some faceless rookie down the road?

No question, I take the playoff game. I have a competitive spirit and rooting to lose is a kind of cynicism that I don't invite into my life.

Bingo.

I also doubt going 7-9 would change anything as far as coaching. Neither would 8-8 and missing the playoffs.

We were never winning less than 7 games. Houston and the Jags are much worse than us. That was clear when we played them.

This is not a good team, but this is not a terrible team. They are a mediocre team, which is what they finished.

Picking 5 picks higher isn't going to make a difference when you pick the wrong player.

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Not this year, no. The expanded slot felt like as I said before, getting a date with a hot chick because she's your best friends girlfriend and zero chance of banging. The only banging Nagy and his clown show did was the five knuckle shuffle on the deep pass to Wims of all people. He's a one hump chump.
Wait, I'm confused. so she is your best friend's girlfriend? Why would you do that to your best friend? Or are you like in that swinger crowd, and if so I thought you people always had a chance?

Perspective

Liked Posts:
Its way too early to ask that. If the Bears get an elite player in the draft at 20, then yes. If the Bears miss an elite player because they are at 20, then no.

There was an elite player at 20 in the draft that Rodgers was drafted right?
There was an elite player at 20 in the draft that Brady was drafted right?
There was an elite player at 20 in the draft that Brees was drafted right?
There was an elite player at 20 in the draft that Russell Wilson was drafted right?

My point being a lot of quality players are available and not just at QB position at 20.... of course it takes skill to identify and some luck too....

BradyJay

Liked Posts:
Next weeks matchups look 10x better with Chi out of it tbh

mecha

Liked Posts:
Isn't the point of being a fan to cheer on the team?

There isn't anything casual about that. You can cheer them on and still expect them to suck.

nobody got anything out of them nearly winning out against shit teams and then losing to an actual good one that they should play well against, cause they're a division rival, and their head to head matchups lifetime exceed any other team. it's inexcusable that the Bears are so shitty against the Packers with multiple coaches. even the Jets Dolphins and Bills put up fights against the Patriots during their 20 year dynasty.

the Bears needed to lose out. I agree with your point about later picks in the 1st round; if there's players in later rounds that are good, the entire 1st round should have good talent. unfortunately by virtue of how things work, the teams that finish last in the league generally pick quarterbacks first. unless you're the Bears, of course.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Fun fact fans have zero input on teams decisions or the outcome of games.
Zero? Do false starts have an impact on outcome of games for teams

greg23

Liked Posts:
Just so I understand

If we cheer FOR them...they win
If we cheer AGAINST them....they lose
???

Also....can you please let me know where we pick because we made the playoffs vs where we would have picked had we missed the playoffs

Spoiler alert....we were beating hou and Jax as they suck so......

Pick 20 vs pick 16/17/18

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
For the people that couldn’t stand the thought of temporarily rooting against the bears for a higher draft pick or them tanking, was it worth it for ya? Was getting embarrassed on National TV as we all knew they would worth not having a top 10 pick? I bet Trey Lance is looking real good now ?

This is a treadmill team. And everyone will be back for another year. Fans need to have foresight to see the bigger picture.
Not wanting to be a loser is always worth it.

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Spamming the same thing over and over, you really should go take a cold shower before you burn anymore brain cells.
Grimson and his neighbors teenage daughter..

maxresdefault.jpg

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
It absolutely was

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That was the best throw Trubisky has arguably made in his career too. Just a shame.
I thought the throw to set up Parkey's miss was better.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
Hell no.

Those two meaningless wins may have set this franchise back 4 years.