Was that your first OT winner?

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
A nice classy response by the Kaner when a reporter asked if his OT winner in game 4 was his first. She must've forgotten game 6 of the 2010 Finals or the other 3 or 4 he's had.

[video]http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/04/patrick-kane-has-the-perfect-response-to-reporters-baffling-question[/video]

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
The fact she had to ask the question twice shows that Kaner didn't get the joke.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yeah, I guess. That type of joke has a prerequisite that the person asking the questions is knowledgeable......

:alborland:

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Kind of a nonstory. Peggy Kusinski tweeted as soon as the quote started getting around

wow deadspin already! I did ask Kane about GW in OT, trying to lead him into talking about the others - He didn't, and question fell flat.

Happens.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Trying to be cute/coy... Should of just asked how it compared to his other ot winners for her desired response.

Sent from my LGL85C using Tapatalk 2

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Trying to be cute/coy... Should of just asked how it compared to his other ot winners for her desired response.

A woman, saying something concise and to the point in order to get a direct response from a dude which she is seeking.... da fuck planet you live on brah?

SERE Bear

Drinking da Bears better
Donator
Liked Posts:
A woman, saying something concise and to the point in order to get a direct response from a dude which she is seeking.... da fuck planet you live on brah?

QFT

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

But even that's stupid. A gamewinner to clinch the Stanley Cup or the WCF is better than a GW against the Blues.

:dunno:

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Didn't see, did she or anyone ask Toews the same question?

SERE Bear

Drinking da Bears better
Donator
Liked Posts:
But even that's stupid. A gamewinner to clinch the Stanley Cup or the WCF is better than a GW against the Blues.

:dunno:

Everybody shits the bed at one point. It was a stupid question that was poorly phrased. She wanted to get him to talk about his other OT goals without leading him.

Fail. The question made her look pretty bad.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Everybody shits the bed at one point. It was a stupid question that was poorly phrased. She wanted to get him to talk about his other OT goals without leading him.

Fail. The question made her look pretty bad.

And she didn't look all that great before she asked the question. :D

Kusinski_Peggy1.jpg

southern_cross_116

Liked Posts:
Really? You wanted him to talk about his other OT winners? Like Philly in 2010 and LA in 2013 (among two that I have off the top of my head) ... while in the locker room just after a game???

Seriously, this is the guy who (admittedly probably while drunk after some celebrating) said those most poignant of phrases: "I said this all through the playoffs this year... 'That's Hockey. Baby!!!!!"

Scintillating stuff there -and it was certainly great and poetic - hell, it made me forget the Gettysburg Address (or maybe I mean ... Deep is something that Patrick, isn't always ... but then again who is in A) a celebratory state, or just having come off the ice from an OT game (among many so far) in a playoffs series) -which means I wouldn't expect Kaner to have said anything particularly insightful under the circumstances -but boy is he great to watch play. :)

88 is a great player - but sucks at useable quotes .... I would have thought a journalist ought to know that much (but I guess I expect waaaaay too much from some people.). :D