Watson vs Trubersky against Miami

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ido appreciate CRM's troll game though. It's pretty good.

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
Just a reminder, if Bob Quinn was as incompetent at making first round draft picks as Ryan Pace, he would have been run out of town by now........

His drafting has yielded how many playoff wins again? Asking for a friend.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Watson rocked the house last night and had a game like Mitch did against TB. Better because a lot of the plays became open due to his legs. On the season, Mitch is one passer rating point behind Watson after one had his best game throwing and the other his worst. Watson is still ahead of Mitch overall and we'll just have to wait to see if Trubs catches up. I just hope Watson is getting better about holding the ball. It worked great last night when guys became free deep and when he bought enough time to hit guys that started out covered in the end zone.:beer: Dudes a warrior but discretion is the better... even if you have Hopkins and Fuller. I think Hopkins is the best right now. https://twitter.com/NFL/status/1055649585928953857

Mitch 7 games: Passer rating 97. Rushing yards 245
Deshaun 8 games: Passer rating 98. Rushing yards 230

Watson still passes the eye test better but it's understandable that he's further along. I and others stated that he was the most ready coming out and it's proven correct but he's been even better than that. By the same token, I also said that we won't have a good handle on Mitch until 2019 and I still believe that.

Some of the guys banging on Mitch also really like Peterson and Webb. Kizer, Kaaya, Dobbs? I personally thought Kizer, Beathard and Evans had shots to stick in the league even if not franchise guys. Evans was my yearly longshot but he's is not even on a roster. This shit is hard.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
So by this same logic can we say trubersky is better than Watson? In week 1 against NE Watson was 17/34 for 176 yards with 1 TD, 1 int, and one fumble on his own 20 that led to a TD. The int was thrown in the end zone.

It doesn't fit the narrative of this thread. I will NOT allow it!

mecha

Liked Posts:
my uncle went to the Bears/Lions game in Detroit in 2007. incidentally Matt Suhey was sitting a row in front of him.

Lions fans started talking shit after the win. my uncle responded with "one playoff win in 50 years!" so I guess we can still say that, but now the number is 60. nc0g, I love you dude, you're a substantial upgrade over the Packer fan twats that come here, but stop. your team's had about as many head coaches as the Bears in the same span of time.

Calvin Johnson retired prematurely, as did Barry Sanders. they both played for the Lions. do you see it?

mac bear

Liked Posts:
Team game.

Team sport.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BearClaw55

GO BEARS
Donator
Liked Posts:
i feel like Watson Vs Trubisky is just a DISTRACTION from what we should really be talking about, which is the 2018 QB class is inferior and the Bears/Chiefs/Texans were all BIG BRAIN GENIUSES for grabbing HISTORIC QB TALENT from the Real Historic 2017 QB Draft

You are spot on with that. I remeber all the experts saying the 2017 QB class was weak & that 2018 would be better. I never believed that from the start.

BearClaw55

GO BEARS
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Mitch haters will hate on him until he's gone and then they can bitch and moan about the next QB. The loser aspect of the fanbase is and will always be pathetic, and sadly they never seem to just shut the fuck up and enjoy being a Bears fan.

They will not complain about a QB that leads the Bears to wins. That’s all the fans want is wins & consistent play from the QB position. It’s simple...

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You are spot on with that. I remeber all the experts saying the 2017 QB class was weak & that 2018 would be better. I never believed that from the start.

Yes, so true. Still too early to tell, especially 2018, but I am getting that feeling too.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Trubisky is going to lap Watson sometime in the next two years.

I'm not really someone who makes prognostications on QBs in the pros because, hell, who knows? But Trubisky is growing much faster than Watson, and I think he has a better long-term situation than Watson.

We'll see. At the end of the day, the only way Watson's development matters to me in relation to Trubisky's development is if they play each other in the Super Bowl.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
i feel like Watson Vs Trubisky is just a DISTRACTION from what we should really be talking about, which is the 2018 QB class is inferior and the Bears/Chiefs/Texans were all BIG BRAIN GENIUSES for grabbing HISTORIC QB TALENT from the Real Historic 2017 QB Draft

I absolutely agree with this.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
if you cant even spell his name right at this point your opinions mean little.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I said this in 2017, that now is the year and this class will be better than next year's (2018) lauded class. Granted that was mainly because I thought, and still think, that Watson was going to be the biggest winner and most successful overall player, but I liked the aggregate of that class better than 2018. Rosen was the only one coming out in 2018 I thought was going to be a star.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
A little early for this class compare though at the time I agreed with Bearmick. I really liked the top 3 in 2017.
The odds that the top 3 QBs taken in any draft all being really good is pretty small so those odds are against Mitch, LOL.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Trubisky is going to lap Watson sometime in the next two years.

I'm not really someone who makes prognostications on QBs in the pros because, hell, who knows? But Trubisky is growing much faster than Watson, and I think he has a better long-term situation than Watson.

We'll see. At the end of the day, the only way Watson's development matters to me in relation to Trubisky's development is if they play each other in the Super Bowl.
Trubisky is growing faster because he's learning how to become a real QB while Watson was already great when he came into the league. I think Watson will always have that extra intangible gamer/play maker quality about him. Mitch is showing signs of some of that and he's convinced me that he really does have potential to be a good QB, but there's something special about Deshaun Watson.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Watson played a fantastic game last night, but man, the dolphins had no interest in covering anyone at all. Hopkins and Fuller were running free all over the field. All Watson was really asked to do was hit some layups, and he did.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Watson played a fantastic game last night, but man, the dolphins had no interest in covering anyone at all. Hopkins and Fuller were running free all over the field. All Watson was really asked to do was hit some layups, and he did.

Hopkins and Fuller are ridiculously good, but I agree. Miami secondary was virtually non existent

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Hopkins and Fuller are ridiculously good, but I agree. Miami secondary was virtually non existent
I wish the bears had receivers like Hopkins and Fuller. I know, that's obvious, wouldn't everybody etc etc, but I feel like I'm not quite as sold on the Bears WRs as seemingly everybody else here. I bet if you polled this place, most would say there's minimal difference between Houston's WR situation and Chicago's WR situation, which simply isn't true.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I wish the bears had receivers like Hopkins and Fuller. I know, that's obvious, wouldn't everybody etc etc, but I feel like I'm not quite as sold on the Bears WRs as seemingly everybody else here. I bet if you polled this place, most would say there's minimal difference between Houston's WR situation and Chicago's WR situation, which simply isn't true.

I could make that my next poll, perhaps I need to get pre-approval from @DickJauron who took exception from my last one.