Watson vs Trubersky against Miami

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I could make that my next poll, perhaps I need to get pre-approval from @DickJauron who took exception from my last one.

I'd vote in that one, unlike the non-existent poll that was never made but decided upon by @Noonthirtyjoe

This is assuming you get clearance from Richard, however.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I wish the bears had receivers like Hopkins and Fuller. I know, that's obvious, wouldn't everybody etc etc, but I feel like I'm not quite as sold on the Bears WRs as seemingly everybody else here. I bet if you polled this place, most would say there's minimal difference between Houston's WR situation and Chicago's WR situation, which simply isn't true.
I'm just glad we don't have their OL.

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My takeaway thus far from the 3 first round QBs last year is that about a year and a half in, they all have shown enough promise for their respective teams to hope that they have found their franchise QB. It will take years for the dust to settle but there is hope for them all.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My takeaway thus far from the 3 first round QBs last year is that about a year and a half in, they all have shown enough promise for their respective teams to hope that they have found their franchise QB. It will take years for the dust to settle but there is hope for them all.
Yeah, and half the people were saying it's a terrible class and none of them are worth a first round pick. That has to be one of the biggest mass wrong opinions this board has seen in recent years.

I don't think the Texans, Bears, or Chiefs are too upset they didn't take Malik Hooker.

BearClaw55

GO BEARS
Donator
Liked Posts:
Trubisky is growing faster because he's learning how to become a real QB while Watson was already great when he came into the league. I think Watson will always have that extra intangible gamer/play maker quality about him. Mitch is showing signs of some of that and he's convinced me that he really does have potential to be a good QB, but there's something special about Deshaun Watson.

Hopefully all 3 will be special.

But I agree with you...

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Yeah, and half the people were saying it's a terrible class and none of them are worth a first round pick. That has to be one of the biggest mass wrong opinions this board has seen in recent years.

I don't think the Texans, Bears, or Chiefs are too upset they didn't take Malik Hooker.

Definitely agree here.

Don’t forget to mention the brilliant NFL analysts as well. They were claiming this was the worst QB class in years, and many on here were parroting that.

Trubisky/Mahomes/Watson could very well prove to be one of the best QB classes in the last 5 years. If they continue to perform at the rate they are it could go down as being better than that as well.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Watson is a better player but Trubisky is improving. Both can be successful which is fine with me. Watson is a serious gamer behind that joke of an OL though, no doubt.

My. Oh. My how the wheel turns full circle @bearmick KEK. You think for a second that the board is going to let you off the hook now that you've decided to turn face about 10Gawd? LOL As if. You literally called him a "pile of ****" and in the IGTs it's evidenced that you do nothing but disparage our Mitchell like you have some sort of personal vendetta against him. And not only that, everyone on CCS knows that you will curse his name the very next time that Mitchell makes a bad play. We've seen this for YEARS now and it is just sad. You are the laughingstock of CCS and should be ashamed of yourself for how much your hatred for Mitchell shows nearly every day since he was drafted. But you have no shame about it at all and that's why you will forever and ever be called out for your horrible biased resentment of the bears' QBs. And as he gets better and better, everyone here knows that you will get angrier and angrier that you are being proven wrong and no matter how hard you try to act like you are cheering for and encouraged by Mitchell's development into an ELITE bears QB, the second he throws a pick you will be back to your neighsaying and resentful ways.

me654

Liked Posts:
LOL with the Madden type comparisons. Its real life and different games, different situations.

Hey, if the Miami played in Chicago on a Thursday night do you think the outcome would be the same on a Sunday in Miami? stats and all? :lmao:

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
but is still 4th in total TD's :thinking:
With 1 or 2 more games than any other QB in the NFL.

He is actually tied for 15th in total TD/GM at QB.

But my post was meant to be a troll joke anyhow, I care about as much what Blake Bortles does as what Watson does. There are only about 4 QB's that I watch closely and they play in the NFC North and only one I reeeeeaaally care about.

thats-my-quarterback-memegeneratornet-colts-https-t-co-sqs3wm8mqh-28167474.png

Last edited:

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:
Are we all just going to ignore the fact that Mahomes, Watson, and Mitch all could have good to great careers? It’s not like it’s written in stone that only 1 QB per draft class is allowed to be good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm going to toot my own horn a bit here. Going into that draft the consensus from the experts was that it was weak on QBs, wait til next year. I watched film on all three guys and thought all three would end up better QBs than Wentz, Lynch, and Goff, and that it was a great class at the top. We will see on Wentz and Goff. I still trust what I saw between the five and think in the end I'll ultimately be right.

Before everyone jumps on me and gives me negative e-points for self fellatio, just remember, maybe I need this validation today. And maybe, just maybe, we should do an e-hug [emoji847].

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
So the Texans and Bears both found themselves in similar situations against this same Dolphins team. Let's take a look at how each QB responded to being up 21-10

Trubersky proceeded to throw a boneheaded pick in the end zone and didn't prove he could be trusted to throw on 3rd and 6 in OT.

Watson proceeded to throw 3 more touchdowns and put the Dolphins away for good.

Small sample size, but man, if only the Bears could have had a chance to draft a quarterback like DeShaun Watson. Oh well. I guess they're stuck with Trubersky.

This is idiotic.

Playing at home on Thursday night is one of the true advantages of the NFL schedule.

The real comparison is how the Texans did not allow Brock Osweiler to throw 150 yards of check down TDs to Albert Wilson.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It appears that all 3 QBs from that class can play. That is good for the NFL as long as they can not fall into the regression pit like Carr, Mariota and Winston.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Comparisons are fun

17/34, 176 yards, 1 TD, 2 TO, 8 rushes, 40 yards

26/50, 333 yards, 2 TDs, 2 TO, 6 rushes, 81, 1 TD

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

It has become impossible to listen to the talking draft heads about QBs, they have no clue.

So much of the QB position is dependent on where they land and the situation that they find themselves in.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:

The "These qbs would all be day 2 or 3 picks in any other year" people have been let off the hook far too easily.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My. Oh. My how the wheel turns full circle @bearmick KEK. You think for a second that the board is going to let you off the hook now that you've decided to turn face about 10Gawd? LOL As if. You literally called him a "pile of ****" and in the IGTs it's evidenced that you do nothing but disparage our Mitchell like you have some sort of personal vendetta against him. And not only that, everyone on CCS knows that you will curse his name the very next time that Mitchell makes a bad play. We've seen this for YEARS now and it is just sad. You are the laughingstock of CCS and should be ashamed of yourself for how much your hatred for Mitchell shows nearly every day since he was drafted. But you have no shame about it at all and that's why you will forever and ever be called out for your horrible biased resentment of the bears' QBs. And as he gets better and better, everyone here knows that you will get angrier and angrier that you are being proven wrong and no matter how hard you try to act like you are cheering for and encouraged by Mitchell's development into an ELITE bears QB, the second he throws a pick you will be back to your neighsaying and resentful ways.
This is actually really impressive. You nailed that perfectly.