Watson vs Trubersky against Miami

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
LOL with the Madden type comparisons. Its real life and different games, different situations.

Hey, if the Miami played in Chicago on a Thursday night do you think the outcome would be the same on a Sunday in Miami? stats and all? :lmao:
The Bears lost to the Dolphins. The Texans won by 19. The line gives 3 points for home field advantage for good reason.

Devastator

BANNED
Liked Posts:
So by this same logic can we say trubersky is better than Watson? In week 1 against NE Watson was 17/34 for 176 yards with 1 TD, 1 int, and one fumble on his own 20 that led to a TD. The int was thrown in the end zone.

I wonder what OP has to say about this. ????

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
$$$$$$

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
I clarified, I took no shots at Mitch (did not deny the fact it was a shot at the crybabies).
You countered, "It was a shot".

so yeah, reading is indeed tough.

At any rate, I bore with this, maybe it is you that should visit a lions forum? Seem to like to bring them up a lot?

The only reason I bring up the lions is to take shots at you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
Trubisky threw the pick the play after the phantom offensive pass interference touchdown pass. Should have been 4 touchdowns and no interceptions. But ya know NFL officials and all

Devastator

BANNED
Liked Posts:
Watson rocked the house last night and had a game like Mitch did against TB. Better because a lot of the plays became open due to his legs. On the season, Mitch is one passer rating point behind Watson after one had his best game throwing and the other his worst. Watson is still ahead of Mitch overall and we'll just have to wait to see if Trubs catches up. I just hope Watson is getting better about holding the ball. It worked great last night when guys became free deep and when he bought enough time to hit guys that started out covered in the end zone.:beer: Dudes a warrior but discretion is the better... even if you have Hopkins and Fuller. I think Hopkins is the best right now. https://twitter.com/NFL/status/1055649585928953857

Mitch 7 games: Passer rating 97. Rushing yards 245
Deshaun 8 games: Passer rating 98. Rushing yards 230

Watson still passes the eye test better but it's understandable that he's further along. I and others stated that he was the most ready coming out and it's proven correct but he's been even better than that. By the same token, I also said that we won't have a good handle on Mitch until 2019 and I still believe that.

Some of the guys banging on Mitch also really like Peterson and Webb. Kizer, Kaaya, Dobbs? I personally thought Kizer, Beathard and Evans had shots to stick in the league even if not franchise guys. Evans was my yearly longshot but he's is not even on a roster. This shit is hard.

Watson is a horrible decision making at this point. He leads the league in TOs and Red Zone TOs. He also takes a lot of unnessasary sacks holding on to the ball too long.

I’ll admit he played a great game yesterday but he only threw the ball 20 times and threw only to wide open receivers off play action. When he has to throw the ball 30-40 times he will no doubt turn the ball over. He’s Cutler 2.0

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Watson is a horrible decision making at this point. He leads the league in TOs and Red Zone TOs. He also takes a lot of unnessasary sacks holding on to the ball too long.

I’ll admit he played a great game yesterday but he only threw the ball 20 times and threw only to wide open receivers off play action. When he has to throw the ball 30-40 times he will no doubt turn the ball over. He’s Cutler 2.0

Huh? Watson has done more good in a year or so than Cutler has in his career. When's the last time Cutler threw 5 touchdowns in a game?

Devastator

BANNED
Liked Posts:
I’m sure he could in todays NFL. Every offense is scoring a lot more points because defenses can’t touch anyone

Watson only played 2 games in his career where he hasn’t turned the ball over. That sounds just like Cutler

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I’m sure he could in todays NFL. Every offense is scoring a lot more points because defenses can’t touch anyone

Watson only played 2 games in his career where he hasn’t turned the ball over. That sounds just like Cutler

Cutler played in today's NFL. He was literally still in the league just last year. He still stunk a majority of the time.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Of all the new QBs, I think Darnold is the one who may end up the turnover king. I think he had something like 22 at USC last year at USC between interceptions and fumbles.

Devastator

BANNED
Liked Posts:
Not in his prime or in a modern offense. If you can’t see the difference in defenses this year and how it’s effecting scoring I can’t help you.

You still have not commented on Watson’s awful TO ratio though. That’s why I’m calling Watson 2.0 Cutler. He is a TO machine

msadows

Liked Posts:
I don't want watson. I want HOPKINS. Throw anything within a 5 foot radius of him and its caught

You give me that fucker and mitch throws 0 INT's last week. Dude is a monster.

cd35

Liked Posts:
This is just an outlier from what he's been doing this season. The only reason they had a good game against Miami was bc one of the guys I'm going against this week in fantasy has Watson, Hopkins AND Fuller. Next week they'll go back to the regular average stats. Guaranteed.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers

Good job bringing a QB less relevant to the 2018 Bears than D Watson into the discussion.

The real question is would Johnny Unitas be superior to Mitch Trubisky in the modern NFL.

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not in his prime or in a modern offense. If you can’t see the difference in defenses this year and how it’s effecting scoring I can’t help you.

You still have not commented on Watson’s awful TO ratio though. That’s why I’m calling Watson 2.0 Cutler. He is a TO machine

I'll concede that Watson has been a little careless with the ball but comparing him to Cutler is asinine. Watson usually makes up for his mistakes while Cutler rarely did. Watson gives you way more reward than Cutler did.

Devastator

BANNED
Liked Posts:
I’m not sure why it’s asinine to say that. Cutler at this point has a better winning percentage than Watson and a lower Red Zone int ratio. Red zone picks will kill any team and cause more Ls than Ws. This is why I say Cutler 2.0

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Isn't that kinda like calling the bully that keeps knocking the snot out of you a weakling?

The lions are nobody’s bully. You’ve been beating us through arguably our franchise’s absolute lowest point. And we still have almost won more play off games than you have been in. Have fun with that. You’re the ultimate loser franchise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk