Watson vs Trubersky against Miami

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I’m not sure why it’s asinine to say that. Cutler at this point has a better winning percentage than Watson and a lower Red Zone int ratio. Red zone picks will kill any team and cause more Ls than Ws. This is why I say Cutler 2.0

Pretty much the only people in the country who bag on Watson are bears homers who hate that their hero is the third best QB in his class (which is fine if it's one of the years where you have three good QBs come out). Just about every analyst and neutral fan in the country disagrees with you, msadows, and all the other Trubisky fanboys.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yeah, and half the people were saying it's a terrible class and none of them are worth a first round pick. That has to be one of the biggest mass wrong opinions this board has seen in recent years.

I don't think the Texans, Bears, or Chiefs are too upset they didn't take Malik Hooker.

Yeah I remember the endless arguments with people that wanted Adams or Hooker particularly with Glennon in the fold, LMFAOWROF.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
This is idiotic.

Playing at home on Thursday night is one of the true advantages of the NFL schedule.

The real comparison is how the Texans did not allow Brock Osweiler to throw 150 yards of check down TDs to Albert Wilson.

Well the D comparison is also foolish as the Houston D was in a dome not on the road in 101 degree heat. Simply not a good comparison on O or D.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Watson is a horrible decision making at this point. He leads the league in TOs and Red Zone TOs. He also takes a lot of unnessasary sacks holding on to the ball too long.

I’ll admit he played a great game yesterday but he only threw the ball 20 times and threw only to wide open receivers off play action. When he has to throw the ball 30-40 times he will no doubt turn the ball over. He’s Cutler 2.0

and what's his passer rating? It takes all that into account. It's not different than guys saying Mitch can't be accurate. Like Mitch, you take the bad with the good and smile about it. At this stage, Deshaun is the bigger grin but there's much to like about Mitch. Mick see's he's maturing in the pocket and just becoming a lot more aware. He's also becoming less a cheerleader and more a leader. That's why Mick's coming around, even after his bad throwing game last week. Watson's rush awareness and making the right move to escape is special. Mitch may eventually pass him at some things but never that unless Watson comes up lame.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Well the D comparison is also foolish as the Houston D was in a dome not on the road in 101 degree heat. Simply not a good comparison on O or D.

Yup and there's also any given Sunday. These one game compares are kinda useless. Patriots lost to the Jags. Shit happens.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I’m not sure why it’s asinine to say that. Cutler at this point has a better winning percentage than Watson and a lower Red Zone int ratio. Red zone picks will kill any team and cause more Ls than Ws. This is why I say Cutler 2.0

It is asinine because Watson in 15 games has 3,875 yards, 34 TDs, 15 Ints, 100.4 QB rating, and 8.3 yards per attempt. Those numbers blow away any season Cutler has ever had.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/W/WatsDe00.htm

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/C/CutlJa00.htm

What year you saying stacks up to Watson? The dude has played a single year with a 2 to 1 TD to Int ratio. Watson is well over 2 to 1. Do you know how bad you have to be to not post a single season with 2 to 1 TD to Int ratio in 12 years?

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
With 1 or 2 more games than any other QB in the NFL.

He is actually tied for 15th in total TD/GM at QB.

But my post was meant to be a troll joke anyhow, I care about as much what Blake Bortles does as what Watson does. There are only about 4 QB's that I watch closely and they play in the NFC North and only one I reeeeeaaally care about.

thats-my-quarterback-memegeneratornet-colts-https-t-co-sqs3wm8mqh-28167474.png

I was just pointing out that the person saying Watson was leading the league in RedZone int's was wrong. my reply to your post about his completion percentage was showing that while inaccurate, he is still putting points on the board. And in the RedZone he is tied for 4th in TD's. This wasn't so much a defense of Watson, although it is no secret I have been a fan of his, but if you are going to post that a player leads the league in RZ int's...at the very least, check the facts.

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Watson is a horrible decision making at this point. He leads the league in TOs and Red Zone TOs. He also takes a lot of unnessasary sacks holding on to the ball too long.

I’ll admit he played a great game yesterday but he only threw the ball 20 times and threw only to wide open receivers off play action. When he has to throw the ball 30-40 times he will no doubt turn the ball over. He’s Cutler 2.0

Would like to see where you found this data, because what I found shows he has 0 RZ TO's....which is far from leading the league

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
It is asinine because Watson in 15 games has 3,875 yards, 34 TDs, 15 Ints, 100.4 QB rating, and 8.3 yards per attempt. Those numbers blow away any season Cutler has ever had.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/W/WatsDe00.htm

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/C/CutlJa00.htm

What year you saying stacks up to Watson? The dude has played a single year with a 2 to 1 TD to Int ratio. Watson is well over 2 to 1. Do you know how bad you have to be to not post a single season with 2 to 1 TD to Int ratio in 12 years?

Here we go stats are great for Watson but stats saying trubisky is good and we move the goal posts wayyyy back and say he’s also failing the all important ‘eye test.’

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Would like to see where you found this data, because what I found shows he has 0 RZ TO's....which is far from leading the league

He has 4 picks in the endzone.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Just a reminder, if Bob Quinn was as incompetent at making first round draft picks as Ryan Pace, he would have been run out of town by now........

Just like Matt Millen?

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
The Mitch haters will hate on him until he's gone and then they can bitch and moan about the next QB. The loser aspect of the fanbase is and will always be pathetic, and sadly they never seem to just shut the fuck up and enjoy being a Bears fan.

Unless he's awesome. You can just look at how much people love McMahon as a reference.

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
You guys are talking about 2 different things. Endzone picks don't necessarily mean redzone picks, and vice versa

Well I would like to see where they are getting the data for endzone picks....also the original message i replied to stated redzone picks

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Well I would like to see where they are getting the data for endzone picks....also the original message i replied to stated redzone picks

Yes, Windy was the one that caused the confusion here, I'm just attempting to clarify as neither one of you seemed to "catch it"

Also, i have no idea if his data is correct, or where he got it from.

Thomas31

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
It appears that all 3 QBs from that class can play. That is good for the NFL as long as they can not fall into the regression pit like Carr, Mariota and Winston.

Yeah. YIKES. What the hell has happened to those three? One is regressing greatly, the other is going to be on 'to catch a predator' soon , and the third's mental will is all but shattered...Damn.....

[video=youtube;mQT9nJq-z1c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQT9nJq-z1c[/video]

BEARS