We got Victor Cruz, one year deal.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
The one plus side is Victor Cruz will be allowed to dance again, use the football as a prop. If you really think about it, that was his incentive to scoring, taken away by the NFL.

1000ftditka!

Throbbing
Liked Posts:
Civilization, also known as Massachusetts
O.K. Make mine a double!

kool-aid-man3.jpg

Victor!

bdietzler

Liked Posts:
Victor Cruz

It's on twitter. I'm fine with this.

I just hope that there is someone who will be efficient enough to throw the ball to Cruz. Glennon better be the quarterback he thinks he can be so he can use these receivers to try to get the ball through the air and win some games. We will find out just how good Glennon and these wideouts can be soon.

I am excited about Cruz but skeptical, at least a little bit. If he can stay healthy and Glennon can get him the ball then I think it will be a good signing. If it’s a waste then the Bears need to move on from him quickly.

One thing I have noticed about Pace is that he doesn’t seem to do as well with free agents as he does with the draft. If you look at some of his free agent signings, a few of the players have had some struggles. Pernell McPhee, for example, has spent a lot of time on the sideline with injuries and hasn’t lived up to his top end billing. Some of the lower level free agents (like my favorite punching bag from last year tight end Logan Paulsen) haven’t worked out well.

I guess we will see how he does with the free agents he brought in this year. If they don’t work out, I think it’s safe to say that his skills at evaluating free agents are poor and will probably cost him his job. We will see.

Let’s see what happens. Hopefully Cruz makes the team better.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I think Cruz will be good for the team.....by the mere fact that he has something to prove after bring kicked to the curb by N.Y.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think that Cruz will make a difference. Assuming that he is healthy, of course.