We gotta keep Mitch

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
He’s playing well and I wouldn’t be opposed to seeing him back. Whatever the Bears do they can’t go into next season with Foles penciled in as the starter

And when I say back, I mean a team friendly deal

bearsden

Liked Posts:
He’s playing well and I wouldn’t be opposed to seeing him back. Whatever the Bears do they can’t go into next season with Foles penciled in as the starter

And when I say back, I mean a team friendly deal
I’m not a fan of Mitch but what else are we going to do next year? It’s best to franchise tag him and get pieces around him to next year to make him better.

bearsden

Liked Posts:
Start Mitch.
Cut Leno.
1st round Draft a LT.
Sign a RT.
2nd round Draft a backup Tackle.
I agree! We are not getting our franchise qb this draft. Do what we can to make Mitch look better. That’s all we can do next year.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
I agree! We are not getting our franchise qb this draft. Do what we can to make Mitch look better. That’s all we can do next year.

I think he looks like I always thought he’d look. Right now. Which is pretty special. If they wanna move on I’m fine with that. Just make sure you can protect the next guy.

Liked Posts:
I agree. If Mitchell can consistently play like this, the Bears will always have a chance to be in games. It will be interesting to see if he can maintain his level of play to finish the season.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
So, you gonna just have 3 QBs on the active roster? Or just not going to draft a QB....again?

Because no one’s taking Foles’ contract off your hands, so he’s back next year. You gonna add that fat stack of cash to whatever deal you work out with Trubisky, plus whatever a first round QB costs you in that slot?

Aside from the finances, y’all gonna get hoodwinked yet again. Trubisky ain’t the guy.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Real test will be the packers game. We’ve seen him play well against bad/average teams but he always disappears in those big games

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
If they can prevent any sort of score here, that'd be swell

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Very Bears: decline Mitchell's cheap 5th year $4.5M option - tag him for $24 to $26M.

Nah, it's never going to happen. Mitch is gone.
$4.5mil?

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Very Bears: decline Mitchell's cheap 5th year $4.5M option - tag him for $24 to $26M.

Exactly, no way the /Bears tag him, and if he finishes this season strong, he's going to want a hell of a lot more than he's worth, I don't see him back here next year, which I'm cool with.

bearsden

Liked Posts:
So, you gonna just have 3 QBs on the active roster? Or just not going to draft a QB....again?

Because no one’s taking Foles’ contract off your hands, so he’s back next year. You gonna add that fat stack of cash to whatever deal you work out with Trubisky, plus whatever a first round QB costs you in that slot?

Aside from the finances, y’all gonna get hoodwinked yet again. Trubisky ain’t the guy.
I know he isn’t the guy, but realistically...who are we gonna get? We are drafting at a spot where we are not gonna get a franchise qb.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini

That’s not how 5th years options work. The 5th year option is the average yearly salary of top ten QBs in NFL. Bears are paying big anyway you look at it. I would transition tag his ass. Either keep him or get a 1st rounder.

Black Rainbow

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That’s not how 5th years options work. The 5th year option is the average yearly salary of top ten QBs in NFL. Bears are paying big anyway you look at it. I would transition tag his ass. Either keep him or get a 1st rounder.

I looked at the wrong year on sportrac my bad. It's probably a lot more.

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
BEARs actually responding in a shootout ??

Never thought I could be saying this, ever