We gotta keep Mitch

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Very Bears: decline Mitchell's cheap 5th year $4.5M option - tag him for $24 to $26M.

Nah, it's never going to happen. Mitch is gone.

LOL. You’re way off there bud

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Very Bears: decline Mitchell's cheap 5th year $4.5M option - tag him for $24 to $26M.

Nah, it's never going to happen. Mitch is gone.
yea...the people talking about tagging Mitch are crazy. I don't see how Mitch is back because the Bears probably are not going to pay him 8Mil while they still have Foles under contract. Mitch can find more money elsewhere if he continues to play like this. The QB FA class kinda sucks and Mitch is probably a top 3 FA QB this offseason. He will get paid by someone else.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Regardless how this year ends, we won't need to tag Mitch. We could probably get away with paying him 10-12 mil, upwards to 14/15 mil if he finishes really well on a one year deal.

Bear_Assed

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So, you gonna just have 3 QBs on the active roster? Or just not going to draft a QB....again?

Because no one’s taking Foles’ contract off your hands, so he’s back next year. You gonna add that fat stack of cash to whatever deal you work out with Trubisky, plus whatever a first round QB costs you in that slot?

Aside from the finances, y’all gonna get hoodwinked yet again. Trubisky ain’t the guy.
Lol

who do u think you’re drafting in the middle of the 1st rd?

jtreal3

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Is he a good player? Hell no but let’s be honest, we are not getting a good QB in the draft. I would franchise tag him and have another year. Unfortunately, he is the best QB we have right now.
Why...Because he's beat a few bad teams?
Fuck that, and fuck fools gold!

msadows

Liked Posts:
Mitch is not getting hte franchise.

If they want to keep him, and he doesn't want to bargain, they can offer him the transition tag. No team is giving him 24 million.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Would you rather see foles or mitch out there next season?
I keep thinking that maybe Foles can also be decent, but I remember that he put up 13 points against the same Vikings defense

msadows

Liked Posts:
I keep thinking that maybe Foles can also be decent, but I remember that he put up 13 points against the same Vikings defense

Foles is not good. Bears fans should have figured that out after watching that playoff game parkey lost for us.

KennyH

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
The people not wanting to see how Mitch plays next season with the Bears are the ones thinking a mid round draft pick is going to come in and play lights out - probably with a similar O line. It's a lovely thought, but it's also completely pie in the sky.

If you can get Trubisky on a reasonably cheap deal it would actually make more sense to give him a multiple year contract - accept that Foles is going to warm the bench next season and use the forthcoming draft capital to put more protection round the QB, and hopefully add a weapon or two.

Then you have the option the year after to bring in a QB to sit behind Mitch for a season and then the better of the two takes the team forward. If Mitch sucks, you have a high pick, if he continues to develop, then maybe you have your QB already in house.

I'd also extend A Rob now, so that's one less piece to look for in the draft

KennyH

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Foles is not good. Bears fans should have figured that out after watching that playoff game parkey lost for us.

But he's almost certainly here next season - and who knows, maybe he's a good mentor, and not the worst to step in if the No1 goes down - is he much worse than the majority of back ups in the league??