We gotta keep Mitch

Butkus34

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Transition tag would be more appropriate

msadows

Liked Posts:
But he's almost certainly here next season - and who knows, maybe he's a good mentor, and not the worst to step in if the No1 goes down - is he much worse than the majority of back ups in the league??

His cap hit is 6.6m

People are acting like foles being here is keeping us from signing another FA QB, mitch or anyone else. Thats what I mean. You have idiots like remyvortex going around saying they don't want mitch because foles is under contract.

Somehow paying daniels the same thing to ride pine was okay, but to do it for foles isn't okay.

I don't want to see foles take another snap for this team barring injury to the QB position.

Draft a qb in the 1st/2nd round, bring back mitch on a deal similar to mariotta(8.5/yr with a potential for an out in 2022), and let mitch start the season while the rookie rides pine.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I know he isn’t the guy, but realistically...who are we gonna get? We are drafting at a spot where we are not gonna get a franchise qb.
Never underestimate Pace trading the next 5 years of the future to move up for a QB he could still have had if he stood pat.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Transition tag would be more appropriate

It saves us a couple million, but I want to avoid it at all costs.

FYI, franchise is 23.5m, transition is 21.2.

I don't think mitch is worth anywhere near that.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
His cap hit is 6.6m

People are acting like foles being here is keeping us from signing another FA QB, mitch or anyone else. Thats what I mean. You have idiots like remyvortex going around saying they don't want mitch because foles is under contract.

Somehow paying daniels the same thing to ride pine was okay, but to do it for foles isn't okay.

I don't want to see foles take another snap for this team barring injury to the QB position.

Draft a qb in the 1st/2nd round, bring back mitch on a deal similar to mariotta(8.5/yr with a potential for an out in 2022), and let mitch start the season while the rookie rides pine.
I have a feeling that Mitch would snub his nose at that offer, although I think it's an overpay

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
Im a mitch guy but this is unlikely enjoy these last games with mitch boyos and prepare yourselves for foles next season

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:
I keep thinking that maybe Foles can also be decent, but I remember that he put up 13 points against the same Vikings defense

Yeah without Montgomery though and the Oline is playing much better

We had 13 rushing first downs today and only 1 the last time we played them .

I dont wanna see Foles or Mitch or Nagy or Pace back to be honest but anyone arguing about keeping Mitch because hes a difference maker is a damn fool is basically trying to Bortle the franchise

msadows

Liked Posts:
I have a feeling that Mitch would snub his nose at that offer, although I think it's an overpay

I have a feeling even if mitch finishes the season strong he will not have many suitors for a starting job in the NFL next season.

msadows

Liked Posts:

I dont wanna see Foles or Mitch or Nagy or Pace back to be honest but anyone arguing about keeping Mitch because hes a difference maker is a damn fool is basically trying to Bortle the franchise

Thats the thing tho, outside of mitch who else is there out there?

And i doubt foles can succeed here. He's built for nagy's O. Not one other player on this team really is. We're a run oriented play action squad. It's what most of this talent is most comfortable at.

KennyH

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

It might be less about money and more about where he would start - he could turn down that type of offer, but he might be sitting behind an established starter.

My big fear is the Patriots. I could see Belichick taking him and A Rob together - would be low cost, low risk and the kind of thing he could turn to gold.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
I have a feeling even if mitch finishes the season strong he will not have many suitors for a starting job in the NFL next season.
I have a feeling your wrong about that

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't see a scenario where Foles is not here next year....if Nagy and Pace are here, they are not starting a mid first round pick at QB with their careers on the line...

Its either Trubisky or Foles at QB next year.

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:

Foles is a play action qb but we never had any run game with him and the Oline was in disarray . I dont know anyone who thought or wanted Foles to come in and be throwing 40-50 times a game.

We are running it very well, fewer penalties and the Oline is playing well but the the real differences we are in seeing in this team besides from those that are one big ones is that we stopped trying to make Arob a pro bowler and started giving our offensive draft picks Monty, Kmet, and Mooney the ball and adjusted the offense to get them the ball.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
So, you gonna just have 3 QBs on the active roster? Or just not going to draft a QB....again?

Because no one’s taking Foles’ contract off your hands, so he’s back next year. You gonna add that fat stack of cash to whatever deal you work out with Trubisky, plus whatever a first round QB costs you in that slot?

Aside from the finances, y’all gonna get hoodwinked yet again. Trubisky ain’t the guy.

Mitch isn't what guy? Peyton F Manning? No he's not. And neither are most QBs.
Trubbles is a QB, he's not the bust many of you think he is because he's not Peyton F Manning. He is better than Foles.
He's not worth $24m for a year so offer him a fairer deal.
If Foles is stopping you cut him for the cap hit, whether or not you keep him or cut him the hit is the same from what I understand so that only comes down to do you need the roster spot like you think we do.

You don't get rid of an OK QB to stick with a lesser QB and draft an unknown QB. Doing BS like that is why the Bears have been in their QB slump for so long. Learn from their mistakes. Stop begging them to continue repeating them for another 30 years.

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It has become clear that the play calling under Lazor has improved Mitch's game...

Make Lazor permanent play caller and sign mitch to a 1 year make or break deal.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
I know he isn’t the guy, but realistically...who are we gonna get? We are drafting at a spot where we are not gonna get a franchise qb.

Every single year, starting-caliber quarterbacks and better are drafted late in the first, or the second, or the third. You just have to go find them.

And all that happens every year despite some people always saying, “There’s no one available.”

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
Sign Trubisky 2 year deal or franchise him. I’m down for trading our 1st pick and one of next years pick to move down the draft. You try your luck again with another good QB in the draft. I mean, having a good QB is what makes a team. Might as well invest heavily until you get one. If not, you’ll never get one going 8-8 or 9-7. Pick up a LT in the 2nd or FA.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
His cap hit is 6.6m

Foles’ contract isn’t going to stop them from signing a FA QB, but it is going to stop them from cutting him. I know there’s disagreement on this board over what the cap penalty is if you cut Foles, but Spotrac and Over The Cap both say it’s over $10 mil. That’s a nonstarter.

Anyone saying the Foles contract is going to stop them from adding QBs is probably wrong, but the point is, if you sign Trubisky, you’re probably going into the season with 3 QBs on the active roster and quite of a bit of money going into that QB room for not having a definitive franchise guy.

Now, none of that is necessarily sacrilege. Maybe that’s just what needs to happen for a year in 2021. But does it seem like the McCaskeys are likely to do that (if Pace is jettisoned)?

Even if Pace is back, would he want to tie his employment to Trubisky one last time for old time’s sake, while also paying two other QBs? Does Pace think he’s seen this movie?

I don’t know the answers, but these are the core questions at play in the Trubisky 2021 conversation.

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
A lot of it depends on how the last two games play out. If Mitch doesn’t play well then he’s almost certainly gone. If he plays well then he probably has a market. I’m pretty sure that market doesn’t equate to 8-10 million. It equates to something similar to Teddy Bridgewater. Like 3 years 65-70 million.

I don’t really see how Trubisky comes back at 8-10 million. It doesn’t really make any sense how that scenario even plays out. There are multiple teams that would push his market way above 8-10 million if he was to play well the last two weeks. If he doesn’t play well he’s 99% gone anyway. Honestly, even if 8-10 by the Bears was his best offer he almost would still certainly walk and take a little less elsewhere. And his agent isn’t going to have him sign some deal with the Bears when he’s playing well and has a market where the Bears plan is to draft a QB early and replace him anyway. This weird scenario that keeps being mentioned over and over on here. And has been for a little bit of time just makes no sense. The scenario doesn’t play out where Chicago still wants him, but his market is 8-10 million. He is either gone or he gets starter money. In the form of a tag or some sort of 3 year (maybe 2 if you’re lucky) Bridgewater like deal.