Week 2 Power Rankings..

Status
Not open for further replies.

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
Am I the only one that thinks the Bears played better thne expected and think thye could have a good year. I know it is Detroit but I like how they played.

If the Bears held onto the ball, they win by 20pts.

lrr50501

Liked Posts:
Those power ratings are a joke. There are something like 4 teams that won that beats teams that are ranked higher. A true ranking would have all teams that lost on the bottom and every team that won towards the top. There is no way a team that wins should drop and no way a team that lost be ranked higher then the team that beat them.

RandallPinkFloyd42

Liked Posts:
Yeah the fact that the Cardinals are at 19 after how awful they played shows how much nonsense is in these rankings.

Captain Iago

Giver of Occular Proof
Donator
Liked Posts:
Am I the only one that thinks the Bears played better thne expected and think thye could have a good year. I know it is Detroit but I like how they played.

You can like how they played (ea moved the ball), but ultimately, they didn't hold onto the ball, they didn't score a lot, and they didn't win by 20. Detroit played with their second string QB for the second half and the Bears still only barely won.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Power Rankings are nothing but a personal preference. Obviously every sports writer in this country in down on the Bears this year. They think the coach is a dead man walking (he is), the offensive line is atrocious (it is) and Jay Cutler is a terrible QB (he's not). That alone allows them to have the preemptive prejudices towards the Bears.

Its kinda like I always go against the Lions, Chiefs, and Raiders in every game in pickem because I think those three teams will suck for eternity.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Power Rankings are nothing but a personal preference. Obviously every sports writer in this country in down on the Bears this year. They think the coach is a dead man walking (he is), the offensive line is atrocious (it is) and Jay Cutler is a terrible QB (he's not). That alone allows them to have the preemptive prejudices towards the Bears.

Its kinda like I always go against the Lions, Chiefs, and Raiders in every game in pickem because I think those three teams will suck for eternity.

I think power rankings early on are just preference but later it's more clear in the second half of the season.

Plus those Chiefs looked mighty good last year, I'm sure plenty of people were wrong about that yet a lot noticed they have talent, and they haven't been as bad for so long... You should switch that idea to Cleveland, I can't believe they lost to the bucs

Pepe Silvia

Where's my mail?
Liked Posts:

You are not the only one. I'm upset that they fumbled so much, but they moved the ball much better than I ever could have expected and played much better defense. If they hadn't fumbled we win by 20 and people are saying it looks like 2006.

TopekaRoy

The Wizard of OZ
Donator
Liked Posts:

Actually, the Dolphins beat the Bills and dropped 4 spots from 11 to 15.

The Bears didn't really move down so much as the Seahawks moved up (from 26) to 21 and took their spot. The Bears' low ranking is a refelection that everybody thinks They should've lost that game to the lowly Lions because of that controversial (non) TD catch at the end of the game. The Bears clearly outplayed the Lions on both sides of the ball (except for the series that started inside the one), but The Lions were ranked 28th and the Bears were expected to beat them.

Until The Bears beat a quality team, they will continue to be ranked low.

BTW, the Lions also dropped from 28 to 29. How often do 2 teams play each other and both drop in the rankings!

JJ-28

Liked Posts:
How many games would we have to win and the Packers and Viking lose before we would move ahead of them in ESPNs Poll?????????????

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
how many games would we have to win and the packers and viking lose before we would move ahead of them in espns poll?????????????

19-0.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I think if you are going to be paying attention to this every week, you are in for a very long year.

poodski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
How many games would we have to win and the Packers and Viking lose before we would move ahead of them in ESPNs Poll?????????????

Quite a few I would imagine. Packers looked good, and the Vikes lost to the number one team in the rankings.

Both should stay ahead of the Bears for a while, though a Bears convincing win vs Dallas, and Vikes being shellacked by the Dolphins could change that real soon.

On a side note: Colts :(

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats

Yet they still basically lost.

poodski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yet they still basically lost.

Yeah its kinda silly to say "if they hold on to the ball, they win by 20"

Well if the Cubs never gave up a run they would have the Central locked up already.

Fumbles are part of the game, and a part the bears were bad at Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.