Week 9: Chargers favored by 4 over Bears

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Vegas has not liked the Bears all season.

And that continues.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
San Diego is horrible. This game is for draft pick position only

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I think the Chargers win the game. They are not terrible, Rivers is playing well, they are at home, on prime time.

Bears 2-6 is going to sting as they go to St Louis, Denver and Green Bay.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
The chargers right now remind me a bit of the bears during the Lovie era... All the coaching is specific to one group instead of the team. They're beatable, but we prolly won't do it

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
The chargers right now remind me a bit of the bears during the Lovie era... All the coaching is specific to one group instead of the team. They're beatable, but we prolly won't do it

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

At 2-5, is it a good thing for the Bears to win? Yes I want to see them win, but this team is devoid of talent on D is just depressing. The fastest way to get better is through the draft. Pace has drafted well in his first year. I hope it continues.

Unannounced Fart

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Southern California Trojans
I had the Bears at 2-5 at this point, but I thought we'd lose to KC and beat Minnesota. And I have the Bears losing the next 4, but SD is probably the most beatable of the upcoming 4 games. If the Rams weren't playing at home, maybe that would have been a beatable matchup, too. I wouldn't be surprised if we end up 1-3 in the next four games, and best case scenario would be 2-2, but realistically, I see 0-4.

greg23

Liked Posts:
On offense, the bears arent too far away......if everyone is healthy. Assuming jeffrey and forte come back and white returns healthy we really only "need" 1 or 2 lineman (definitelu a guard and maybe a tackle if leno isnt the guy)

On defense.....phew......i see about 1 playmaker (mcphee) and 4 ok starters/role players (ego/jenkins/fuller/goldman/amos) and 2 or 3 others who might be servicable (jones/porter/acho)

But in reality we could use more depth and play makers at all levels of that d starting with somone opposite mcphee at olb, at least 1 corner, a safety, and more dline depth.

In free agency id look for a guard (left tackles usually arent availabe) and a 4th/5th wr/kr upgrade over mariani and at least one spot on the defense.

In the draft id prefer to get the defense sorted out but we're lackijg so much talent that we could use any position as long as its a play making stud.

mecha

Liked Posts:
special teams has been a real killer this year. Vikings don't return that kick and the dynamics of the game's outcome are probably different. their coverage has been spotty at best and a disgrace at worst, and Mariani isn't the answer. it's cool though, it'll probably get better next year. maybe.

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I think the Chargers win the game. They are not terrible, Rivers is playing well, they are at home, on prime time.

Bears 2-6 is going to sting as they go to St Louis, Denver and Green Bay.

I am sad to say I go the other way- their o-line is beyond hideous. Injuries have decimated the entire o-line, and literally everyone is playing out of position.

Gordon does not seem to be able to break tackles, and with the line the way it is now, he is looking like a mega-reach and perhaps even a bust.

The defense is ok, but nothing spectacular.

I see the bears getting 3 sacks, stopping the run game cold, and winning by 3.
everyone will fall in love with the defense again.

this one and detroit at home are 2 of the last 3 wins chicago gets.

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Rivers is still balling.

He is doing well, but time is a factor and most of it is short. he is getting smacked around every time he tries to go 10 yards or beyond.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
its yet another battle of two shitty teams. unfortunately, the bears are the shittier of the two

rivers will pick apart our non existent D and the o isnt going to be able to hang in a shootout.