dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Did he say he was going to do that before the game?

I thought the play calling wasn't as fluid as it's been with Lazor, way too much of the sideways stuff.

Makes me think Nagy is a freaking moron for moving away from what was working. Why is the frick would he do that?

Nobody knows but someone posted one thing that said he was in the last game with no proof and some people on CCS ran with it like always. I mean i wouldn't doubt it if true but don't know if it is.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
i mean it’s more mitch than nagy but okay.

I would say this game was definitely more on Mitch than Nagy and other games as well but Nagy does some stupid shit as well. We don't even know for sure if he does have his hands back in on the play calling.

Wasn't it that ARob wasn't even targeted until the 2nd half? Whenever it was it was absolutely ridiculous. I know it was way too late. Anything after the 2nd series is way too late to target ARob.

Bolek

Liked Posts:
I think they had a decent game plan against a much better opponent. They kept this game within a score, all the way into 4th qtr, where things got away from them a bit. I really liked the TOP for this game, and the amount of time they kept Erin on the sidelines, even if it wasnt enough. Liked the commitment to run and Montys performance. The only thing about playing a dink and dunk style as they did yesterday, is that you need to stretch opposing D with intermediate to long pass on occasion, to make sure the DBs and LBs dont start creeping up on the LOS, and I dont think we did enough of that.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
What are you talking about ? we made it to the redzone five times and we scored once .

His QB is most successful when playing bad teams .

We did those those things the problem is that those things dont work when you are inaccurate over 10 yards because once you get past the opponents 25 yard line field is condensed and those safeties are in on every single throw now.

Because Nagy got cute in the redzone again....

The deep pass to Mooney and then the off tackle run to the right was a horrible follow up...

You had the Packers on their heels and should have gone for the dagger thrust. Instead Nagy, as usual, slows it down so he can presumably run his east-west plays with tons of pre-snap movement. We have seen this show before.

Nagy has precisely zero killer instinct as a coach.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Is there any evidence that Nagy was calling plays yesterday? Or is this just dumb speculation?

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nagy or not, this beatdowns been going on for 20 years dude...

no one is going to blame the current staff for what happens 5 or ten years in the past. You hold them accountable for now.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Is there any evidence that Nagy was calling plays yesterday? Or is this just dumb speculation?

yes

Rappaport has stated he was more involved in the play calling...

and unless you have been living under a rock Nagy's signature was all over many of those plays.

Bust

Liked Posts:
yes

and unless you have been living under a rock Nagy's signature was all over many of those plays.

heh, the play calling was why the game was so tight to begin with. It was only 21-16 at the start of the 4th. Up to that point Bears were dominating time of possession.

I blame the defense and their butter fingers. 3 potential picks all dropped. Can't give Rodgers 2nd and 3rd chances.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
heh, the play calling was why the game was so tight to begin with. It was only 21-16 at the start of the 4th. Up to that point Bears were dominating time of possession.

I blame the defense and their butter fingers. 3 potential picks all dropped. Can't give Rodgers 2nd and 3rd chances.

The defense was part of it, but the real story was the red zone........the play calling was tentative except for a couple plays.

I think Nagy doesn't go for the throat when he should....

The best time to run a passing play would have been right after that long bomb to Mooney. Instead Nagy slowed it down with a run to the right that was destined to go nowhere.

Nagy is aggressive at the wrong times and tentative when he gets a team on their heels.

BearsJR

Liked Posts:

Should’ve been at least 28. That dropped pass the first drive of the third Q was a walk in TD

Bust

Liked Posts:
Look at the box score, first downs, 3rd down pct, time of possession, the bears were even 5 of 6 on 4th down and only committed one penalty. This was old school Bears football keeping a high powered offense off the field by grinding the clock. Just looking at the box score you would not think the other team would end up with 35 points, lol

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Look at the box score, first downs, 3rd down pct, time of possession. This was old school Bears football keeping a high powered offense off the field by grinding the clock. You would not think the other team had put up 30++ points, lol

yet......they did so the "grinding playcalling" was ineffective...

once again Nagy's signature red zone offense...we saw it with Foles and we saw it yesterday.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
yes

So are we trusting Rappaport? I ask because this place has a fun habit of believing (or not believing) guys like Rapp when it suits what they already think. For instance, if La Confora was reporting that Nagy was more involved in the play calling would anyone here actually believe that?

Beyond that, I don't understand how anyone could think that just because Lazor was calling the plays that Nagy didn't have any input the prior three weeks? Was Nagy barred from the offensive room? Did he as HC not have any hand in the offensive game plan?

Or, could the simpler conclusion be that they did yesterday what they had been doing, but played a much more superior defense?

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
So are we trusting Rappaport? I ask because this place has a fun habit of believing (or not believing) guys like Rapp when it suits what they already think. For instance, if La Confora was reporting that Nagy was more involved in the play calling would anyone here actually believe that?

Beyond that, I don't understand how anyone could think that just because Lazor was calling the plays that Nagy didn't have any input the prior three weeks? Was Nagy barred from the offensive room? Did he as HC not have any hand in the offensive game plan?

Or, could the simpler conclusion be that they did yesterday what they had been doing, but played a much more superior defense?

I trust that sources prior to the game said he was more involved, I trust that I saw him on the sidelines calling plays, I trust that the game plan looked eerily familiar to when he was calling plays previously.

If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck...