Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Stumbled open this
Skip and Shannon React to Trubisky Selection

Then watched this
Skip and Shannon React to Fields Selection

I've never watched this show outside of seeing select clips like this here and there but i found it kind of hilarious how spot on the Trubisky takes were. I was also shocked to see the worlds greatest troll, Skip Bayless, mention the same thing I said about Trubisky and what I've been saying about the recent surge of Mac Jones love and of course, future bust and current toddler Zack Wilson. and I can't believe I'm quoting Bayless but at 2:15 he says "This is a sheep think league.", where one GM all of a sudden likes Mitch Trubisky, then another and then another.

It's incredible how far we've come from the GM yoloing to pick up the buzz QB, to letting the HC who knows how to evaluate QBs, do his thing. Fields has the production vs high level competition. He has the pedigree. It just makes all of the sense. Mitch never made any. We've come so far.

mecha

Liked Posts:
those guys have pretty educated takes on stuff. I used to think Bayless was a no talent wanker but I've seen some of his more recent output and he's actually very right. Stephen A. is just fucking obnoxious, but he's right about a lot too.

I really like Nagy as the head coach, and am hoping very much he just dumbed down the offense or wanted to find a way to get rid of Trubisky as fast as possible (no 5th year option) by exposing how much he sucked. and Pace has had his share of gaffes, but all GMs do. lot of his early round picks were an array of flukes and very bad luck, but this year it seems like one hand is washing the other and they hit it big.

is Dalton still QB1, or was the team seriously just fucking with us?

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah, you have to give Bayless some props for absolutely nailing his Trubisky take...

“If you had said he’s going in the 5th round, I’d say I could see that. Maybe as a project for someone to take a shot at. Because I watched a guy who looked a little robotic, who didn’t have a real feel or touch for running a college offense. I saw a guy who didn’t have any real feel for throwing the deep ball.”

Caveroamer

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Thanks. This helped. Been burned so many times, it's hard to get excited, but now I'm finding I am cautiously optimistic, leaning towards just plain optimistic.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Bayless was the best football writer in town when he worked for the Tribune and by a wide margin. I distinctly remember him lambasting Mark Hatley for the selection of Cade McNown before he ever played a down for the Bears. He was dead right. While he was here, he was a pleasure to read. He turned into a caricature at ESPN.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
I think Skip Bayless is the Cade McNown of sporting journalism and every time I see his face I think a bunch of negative thoughts inside.

doctorbear

Liked Posts:
Bears fans have been conditioned to think that the media is out to get them and they constantly think the media is wrong and stupid and have to defend the Bears for every stupid move they make. It creates a lot of confusion when the bears actually do something good and the media praises them.

Bust

Liked Posts:
Everyone is on the Bears bandwagon and they should be. Even Mel Kiper loves the Bears. These guys do nothing but talk Bears for close to 10 minutes, lol

doctorbear

Liked Posts:
Everyone is on the Bears bandwagon and they should be. Even Mel Kiper loves the Bears. These guys do nothing but talk Bears for close to 10 minutes, lol

The media has always wanted to love the bears. The bears are just that bad of an organization and make a habit out of stupid football moves that it’s rare for fans to experience media love

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
I disagree. I think the last few years the league as a whole has much greater consensus on top QB prospects than ever before.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
those guys have pretty educated takes on stuff. I used to think Bayless was a no talent wanker but I've seen some of his more recent output and he's actually very right. Stephen A. is just fucking obnoxious, but he's right about a lot too.

I really like Nagy as the head coach, and am hoping very much he just dumbed down the offense or wanted to find a way to get rid of Trubisky as fast as possible (no 5th year option) by exposing how much he sucked. and Pace has had his share of gaffes, but all GMs do. lot of his early round picks were an array of flukes and very bad luck, but this year it seems like one hand is washing the other and they hit it big.

The thing I like is that Nagy no longer has an excuse. Or he shows a real offense or he is shown the door.

If he is a real coach, the offense should look special. If not, bring in a really good offensive coordinator to make a system to have Fields excel.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

I'm sure they're all educated on this stuff but these shows these days seem to be performance art at this point. I remember watching First Take during the Tebow days and Skip just constantly said things that you knew even he didn't believe. It was all for outrage views. Its WWE of sports talk. I do think there is some serious conversation mixed in there, which is why I found the Trubisky stuff shockingly accurate.

mecha

Liked Posts:
I'm sure they're all educated on this stuff but these shows these days seem to be performance art at this point. I remember watching First Take during the Tebow days and Skip just constantly said things that you knew even he didn't believe. It was all for outrage views. Its WWE of sports talk. I do think there is some serious conversation mixed in there, which is why I found the Trubisky stuff shockingly accurate.
that's literally when I thought he was a no talent wanker. "BUT IT'S TEBOW! HE'S A WINNER! HE'LL JUST WIN GAMES!" yeah... did that clown even finish out his rookie contract? I could see him fellating Johnny Football too. by then I was smart enough to avoid him.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
Wow. Skip and Shannon were dead right about Mitch. They looked downright clairvoyant.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
I don't watch them at all but I do remember Skip and Stephen A being overly obnoxious on ESPN. Is Skip still that way since leaving ESPN? You could tell both were doing it just to rile people up cause that's all ESPN is.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I don't watch them at all but I do remember Skip and Stephen A being overly obnoxious on ESPN. Is Skip still that way since leaving ESPN? You could tell both were doing it just to rile people up cause that's all ESPN is.
Like i said, i don't watch. I just see occasional clips floating on twitter and some of his tweets which are clearly attempts at trolling...and it works every time.

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Walterfootballs grade

2021 NFL Draft Accomplishments: "The Bears would be built to win now if they could find a quarterback and upgrade the offensive line." Ryan Pace, are you a new reader of WalterFootball.com? The Bears followed that exact plan, trading up for Justin Fields in the first round and then finding great blocking for him with Teven Jenkins at No. 39 overall.

The Bears have endured horrible quarterbacking for decades, but that appears to have come to an end. Perhaps Chicago fans don't want me to jinx anything, but Fields was viewed by some to be the second-best prospect at the position in this class. Fields had a small stretch during the 2020 season where he struggled, but only because he wasn't 100 percent. He rebounded greatly in the playoffs. He's very talented and possesses great leadership skills. I'll be shocked if he busts, especially when factoring in Chicago's desire to protect him with a skilled blocker like Jenkins.

Chicago had just one other pick outside of the sixth round, and it used that selection on another offensive lineman. Despite not having many other choices, this was a beautiful draft for the Bears, who may have just established themselves as the team to beat over the next 15 years.

c2fc7754d9828569425dd6f9b219ae66.jpg