What about bringing back Matt Toeaina ...

36bear

Liked Posts:
Just an idea.
Isn't he still available? Or do the BEARS don't have the cap space for him.
I haven't heard any word in addressing the DT issue. They've got the young guys in there (Minter, etc.)
He has experience in the Bears D system.

It couldn't hurt in the roster depth.

PeppersSweater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Comment From Ryan
Mr. Emery. What are your thoughts on some of the DTs on the market that have played in the Bears' system before? I would think Okoye or Toeaina could provide some help with depth and leadership.
12:18

Phil Emery: Every situation is unique whether they played for the Bears or another team. Obviously their situation helps - that is why we brought in Christian Tupou. He has been coached in our system and he knew our verbiage. Both Okoye and Toeaina are good players who have positively contributed with us in the past. Right now we feel we have the best set of players available on the roster.

Liked Posts:
How about a hell freezes over trade instead with the Bears sending McClellin to Green Bay for Nick Perry straight up. IMO, Both players belong in opposite systems.

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
If hell freezes over does that mean the Cubs win the WS?

Ra's al Ghul

Stuck in the Lazarus Pit
Liked Posts:
How about a hell freezes over trade instead with the Bears sending McClellin to Green Bay for Nick Perry straight up. IMO, Both players belong in opposite systems.

I thought i was the only one who thought about this. They both look like they're playing out of position. I was hoping we would draft Perry over McClellin.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
No, those unlucky bastards will suffer forever.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Throw in E. Bennett for Raji

TheWinman

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Liked Posts:
If hell freezes over does that mean the Cubs win the WS?

...Maybe even we get lucky & get the Cubs vs Red Sox World Series. I love the Sox but they've won & the fanbases anxieties have tempered a bit, so I could handle seeing the Cubbies win. I'd stay patient if your a Cubs fan, Theo did a helluva job drafting for the Carmines.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Imo, that would be a dumb trade. For one, I think Perry might be all around worse than McC at any position. And two, if McC goes off at OLB, the last place you want him is in your division, on the team you can't beat, that is desperate for young LBs.

Liked Posts:
Imo, that would be a dumb trade. For one, I think Perry might be all around worse than McC at any position. And two, if McC goes off at OLB, the last place you want him is in your division, on the team you can't beat, that is desperate for young LBs.

Yeah it was pretty much a spur of the moment brain fart of an idea. Yet I don't know if theres enough tape to determine that either player is better than the other because they're both playing in opposite systems & the last time Perry did play in a 4-3 he was not any worse than McClellin, though that was in college. Honestly I really wish the DC would find a way to use McClellin standing up more or more stunting him to rush the QB with Paea clearing out lanes to the QB. Paea has more than enough strength to open up lanes for him.

*Edit* Here is a link to Perrys stats, he's clearly playing better than McClellin. But that just more reason that it wouldn't happen.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/14929/nick-perry

SiDe WaYs

Liked Posts:
I thought Toeina was out of shape?

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
I'm sure Bears considering bringing in Toe and Okoye. I don't mind seeing if we can do better with different guys.

Heck, Wootten played very good DT for us. I say keep him there for now, and (with Peppers) play Bass, Shea and Washington at DE, let them develop more, and play the best one the most.

TheWinman

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm sure Bears considering bringing in Toe and Okoye. I don't mind seeing if we can do better with different guys.

Heck, Wootten played very good DT for us. I say keep him there for now, and (with Peppers) play Bass, Shea and Washington at DE, let them develop more, and play the best one the most.

Paea will be playing this Sunday.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
Paea will be playing this Sunday.
Paea will be playing NT and Minter DT (Wootton was playing in place of Minter). Of all the NT/DT who played last Thurs, Wootton scored the best. Wouldn't mind keeping Wootton at DT for another game, and seeing if we can get some DE pass rush improvement from a rotation of Peppers, Bass, Shea and Washington. Sure, Wootten is probably a better DE than DT, but Peppers/Paea/Wootton/(Shea/Bass/Washington) is probably better than Peppers/Paea/Minter/Wootton.

Meh... still, I want Minter to get in the game and get experience. I think I'd rotate Minter and Wootton at DT. If I was Trestman, I would try really hard to see if I could afford to have all these players Active, and fresh in rotation, and in competition for playing time: DE: Peppers, Shea, Bass, Washington, DT: Paea, Cohen, Wootton and Minter.

1000ftditka!

Throbbing
Liked Posts:
Civilization, also known as Massachusetts
I like Big Toe.....but there is a reason he didn't dress for most of last year.