What could have been, maybe a couple weeks too early...

marioworld

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Gase was the offensive coordinator for the Bears two years ago, if he didn't take the job with the Dolphins last year he could be our head coach this year.

I like Nagy, I just found it interesting that Pace had us set up for our next head coach but he got impatient a left. I wonder if Gase still thinks about if he made the right decision.

Funny how things turn out, and with this game coming up thought it was an appropriate time to bring it up.

Both teams have the same record... the question is, who would you rather be the head coach of right now?

For me, it's Bears all the way, Nagy is legit. Screw the AFC and I hate the Dolphins. Glad things turned out the way they did.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I wanted them to hire Gase instead of Fox, and they should have. Water under the bridge now really, but Gase has looked good with Tannehill.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
The irony is that Gase wanted to get away from Cutler only to be stuck with him last season.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not a chance. 0 regret for Gase.

Nagy, hell ANY coach would've still lost the last few years with the injury dessimation of a shallow roster still in full rebuild mode and without their QB & WR corps.

Gase took a huge opportunity that was much better than the typical HC openings like the Clevelands or AZs of the league.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I wanted them to hire Gase instead of Fox, and they should have. Water under the bridge now really, but Gase has looked good with Tannehill.

Tannehill looked like complete Dog Shit last week. He is going into his 3rd year in the same offense. 3 years in a playbook for 7 year vet. And all he could muster was an even 100 yards and a 55% completion rate? Terrible.

Now he has to play a top flight D.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Gase was the offensive coordinator for the Bears two years ago, if he didn't take the job with the Dolphins last year he could be our head coach this year.

I like Nagy, I just found it interesting that Pace had us set up for our next head coach but he got impatient a left. I wonder if Gase still thinks about if he made the right decision.

Funny how things turn out, and with this game coming up thought it was an appropriate time to bring it up.

Both teams have the same record... the question is, who would you rather be the head coach of right now?

For me, it's Bears all the way, Nagy is legit. Screw the AFC and I hate the Dolphins. Glad things turned out the way they did.

3 years ago. He became the head coach of the Dolphins in 16.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Interesting question.

The Gase-Tannehill connection has been a good one, and will probably continue to be. That team can win with them.

I have a tough time, though, saying I'd rather be the team playing the Patriots twice a year, every single year, although who knows how much longer Belichick and Brady have.

I suppose it comes down to whether you believe Trubisky's ceiling is higher than what Tannehill will be. Also, there's the Bears stellar defense you have to take into account. They're going to continue to be really good for a while---that defensive core is shored up for at least the next several years.

I think I'd rather be the Bears.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
There's a little bit of revisionist history going on in this thread.

Gase wanted to move on from Cutler but was stuck with him? Must have forgotten that. Hmmm...

People were advocating to hire Gase as HC after only 2 OC seasons, both with Peyton Manning? Must have forgotten that. Hmmmmmmmmm..........................

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I know it’s the NFL and usually a team plays each team differently, but I don’t know how the Bears defense puts up a worse showing than the Patriot’s defense against Miami. Time of Possession is still one of the biggest factors of Nagy’s offense that often gets overlooked. Keeping the opposing Offense off the field so they can’t get into a rhythm while keeping the Bears defense fresh at the same time has been an amazing breath of fresh air and is something that will only get better the longer this offense gets to gel.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
Mia fans are not happy with Gase. Bears fans are happy with Nagy.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
There's a little bit of revisionist history going on in this thread.

Gase wanted to move on from Cutler but was stuck with him? Must have forgotten that. Hmmm...

People were advocating to hire Gase as HC after only 2 OC seasons, both with Peyton Manning? Must have forgotten that. Hmmmmmmmmm..........................

That's longer than Nagy had the OC gig. I'm happy with Nagy so far and Gase has been less than stellar though somewhat handcuffed. Gase would probably have had different trainers and out injuries would have been mitigated, our wins higher and our drafts worse. may have even hindered the Mack trade bu picking later in the draft. hard to speculate on what would have happened but really, there was little need for more that we had at HC during a rebuild. What we needed was a HC that wouldn't lose his team during poor seasons or the loss of aging vets. Fox accomplished that but I suspect it would have wore thin after 3 years. The timing seems just right.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
That's longer than Nagy had the OC gig. I'm happy with Nagy so far and Gase has been less than stellar though somewhat handcuffed. Gase would probably have had different trainers and out injuries would have been mitigated, our wins higher and our drafts worse. may have even hindered the Mack trade bu picking later in the draft. hard to speculate on what would have happened but really, there was little need for more that we had at HC during a rebuild. What we needed was a HC that wouldn't lose his team during poor seasons or the loss of aging vets. Fox accomplished that but I suspect it would have wore thin after 3 years. The timing seems just right.

Irrelevant.

My point was that when the Bears hired Fox, I don't remember people saying, "Damn, should've gone with Gase instead." So when someone says now that they should've hired Gase instead, sure, that's probably true---but it was reasonable not to at the time, and it's revisionist history to imply otherwise.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Gase is overrated.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Tannehill looked like complete Dog Shit last week. He is going into his 3rd year in the same offense. 3 years in a playbook for 7 year vet. And all he could muster was an even 100 yards and a 55% completion rate? Terrible.

Now he has to play a top flight D.

Yeah, one week makes him absolutely terrible. I didn't say he was a superstar, I said gase has looked good with tannehill. Has him playing efficient football. Made the playoffs the first year, and off to a 3-1 start this year.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Irrelevant.

My point was that when the Bears hired Fox, I don't remember people saying, "Damn, should've gone with Gase instead." So when someone says now that they should've hired Gase instead, sure, that's probably true---but it was reasonable not to at the time, and it's revisionist history to imply otherwise.
No it isn't. Plenty of people wanted Gase at the time. We now have nagy, so it works out in the end, but gase was a name in the hat at the time.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Gase wanted to move on from Cutler in Chicago so much that he brought him into Miami just so he could move on from him for real.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
No it isn't. Plenty of people wanted Gase at the time. We now have nagy, so it works out in the end, but gase was a name in the hat at the time.

I sure don't remember people pre-Fox saying, "Man, Gase should be our next coach!" but I suppose I may just not remember. I'll take your word for it.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
I sure don't remember people pre-Fox saying, "Man, Gase should be our next coach!" but I suppose I may just not remember. I'll take your word for it.

It was definitely a thing.