What do u think of this draft day trade??

badboy

Liked Posts:
Bulls Send:
Kirk
Deng
26th pick
&
Minnesota Sends
Mike Miller
Brian Cardinal
2009 1st rd pick

We can Take Derozan or Harden with the pick and Mullens or Blair with the other pick. Save almost 3mil on the cap and have a better chance resigning Gordon. Only a subtle difference from the team we have now but I think we could still compete next year and have alot of financial flexibility in the future.
I like Blair at 16 as I believe our biggest weekness this year is Defensive rebounding and he would help with that but Mullens has alot more potential.

Lineup of

Noah
Tyrus Thomas
Salmons
Gordon
Rose

super 6th man
Mike Miller
Brad Miller
Derozan
Blair
cheap veteran PG
Jerome James

Brad and Mike Miller are both free agents the following season and/or trade bait. What do you guys think? There have already been rumours on Kirk to Minnesota and I think that's the best trade we could get from them. Maybe they will even get a top 3 pick and we can still get the same trade and have a chance at better talent in the draft.

Rose1

Liked Posts:
I think the 16th pick sound more logical. This draft don't have franchise players besides Rubio and Griffin. So my guess if they have the 7th pick they'd do it.

dougthonus

Liked Posts:
No way in hell Minnesota takes on all that long term salary. Though it would improve their team considerably. I just can't see them doing it, not in that market in this economic climate.

If they did take on that salary, they aren't sending us a high #1 pick either.

badboy

Liked Posts:
I say if they want to put people in the seats they need to start challenging for the playoffs and that trade improves their team dramatically it hits their 2 biggest needs perfectly SF and PG.

Jefferson
Love
Deng
Foye
Hinrich

should challenge Portland, Dallas, Phoenix, and Utah without Boozer or Millsap for the 6th 7th and 8th spot.

As Doug says though the only hitch is the money.

dougthonus

Liked Posts:
badboy wrote:
Do you guys think it would help us?

If you could actually get that pick and then make it count, absolutely. Especially if you sign Gordon then afterwards.

Dpauley23

Liked Posts:
We should definetely make thread for these stupid trades. Theres too many of these being put up

badboy

Liked Posts:
I was looking for an offseason thread and didn't see one actually. There are several more good opportunities for trading Hinrich and I think he will be a hot commodity. I also think we shouldn't let him go without giving up Deng's contract at the same time.

Dpauley23

Liked Posts:
Not your fault at all. The mods should of definetely started something after seeing about 10 of these in the past few says. I think Hinrich can be traded to couple teams like: Minnesota, Lakers, Blazers, Heat, 76ers, and Clippers

badboy

Liked Posts:
Dpauley23 wrote:
Not your fault at all. The mods should of definetely started something after seeing about 10 of these in the past few says. I think Hinrich can be traded to couple teams like: Minnesota, Lakers, Blazers, Heat, 76ers, and Clippers

I actually love the idea of the lakers as a trade partner. I think Hinrich and Deng + picks for Bynum and Ammo could work for both teams. Building around Rose and Bynum would be very fruitful for us in the future.

I don't think there is a logical trade we can make with the Heat,76ers or clippers for both teams. If you have one though say it. The Hinrich trade talks might make this the official thread until he is traded or Paxson/Forman says he isn't going anywhere.

dougthonus

Liked Posts:
I actually love the idea of the lakers as a trade partner. I think Hinrich and Deng + picks for Bynum and Ammo could work for both teams. Building around Rose and Bynum would be very fruitful for us in the future.

Hard to imagine the Lakers doing that, why would they give up on a young center like Bynum to get our overpaid guys?

dougthonus

Liked Posts:
Dpauley23 wrote:
We should definetely make thread for these stupid trades. Theres too many of these being put up

In the regular season I would agree, but in the off season where discussion slows, and there isn't much to talk about outside of:
1) the draft
2) Trade ideas
3) free agency (which we won't likely spend any money in)
4) Gordon leaving/staying
5) things unrelated to the bulls

I'm not that worried about the trade threads, if it gets too bad I'll condense it.

Dpauley23

Liked Posts:
It isn't too bad, but I hate when people are saying lets trade Deng to Twolves. I mean there throwing these trades out there that are impossible

Basghetti80

Liked Posts:
I got Lakers on the mind right now as well. They may not give up on Bynum but could Gasol be revisted? Hinrich+Noah+#16 for Gasol? Rose, Gordon, Deng, Tyrus and Gasol?

Basghetti80

Liked Posts:
You think the Lakers remain intact with Gasol and Bynum? Means they probably lose either Ariza or Odom and still have PG issue? Bulls could expand the deal to send them Miller and get back Sasha, Fisher and filler?

dougthonus

Liked Posts:
You think they care if they lose Odom or Ariza vs Bynum/Gasol? I think there's a better chance they lose Bynum than Gasol if they were to lose one or the other, but I think they'd rather let Ariza/Odom walk.

Dpauley23

Liked Posts:
The lakers will probably be looking for pg this offseason since their guards have been absolute crap besides Kobe. They have no non guaranteed deals or cap space so they would have to give us something valuable in return. We have no use for guards so the only logical trade I can came up without if we can't get Amare, West, or Bosh is S and T Odom, Fisher, 1 rounder for Hinrich and Tyrus

badboy

Liked Posts:
I think the Lakers can be convinced to move Bynum since they are doing what they are doing without him and their biggest weakness is really PG. It's not like you can really sit down and say they are missing him as Odom and Gasol play very well together. However they are missing not having a good PG.

Hinrich would almost be the best PG you could put next to Kobe. I think the Lakers can see how good a pairing that would be.

I think something can definitely be built on Hinrich and Bynum. I am just scared to let Hinrich go without Deng as I think we would be stuck with him for a while.

dougthonus

Liked Posts:
I think something can definitely be built on Hinrich and Bynum. I am just scared to let Hinrich go without Deng as I think we would be stuck with him for a while.

I really don't think so. They're doing what they're doing without good PG play as well as without Bynum, so your point doesn't fit that well. Bynum is their future, he's the guy on the roster who's young enough for them to build around as Kobe ages, and you simply don't trade 7 foot 300lb athletic centers who've already played at a high level.