What happens if Trubisky is not the guy?

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
No, now I know it :p

Haha, well I'll readily admit that there is a very good chance you're more knowledgeable than I am in many areas. And that admission may very well be why I think I have some degree of cleverness.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Haha, well I'll readily admit that there is a very good chance you're more knowledgeable than I am in many areas. And that admission may very well be why I think I have some degree of cleverness.

I'm just messing. We're all fools to some degree, especially when it comes to things as unpredictable as football. Wisdom is in knowing it, as you said.

wklink

CBMB refugee
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Looks like Joe Flacco might be available after this year.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
let the kid get past the growing pains. This isn't Orton or Grossman or Cutler, it's a kid who can learn and improve. Jesus. We won! Bear Down

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
let the kid get past the growing pains. This isn't Orton or Grossman or Cutler, it's a kid who can learn and improve. Jesus. We won! Bear Down

You're right, he looks worse than Orton, Grossman, and Cutler. Orton had the smarts, Grossman had the deep ball, and Cutler had everything but a brain. We won despite our QB tonight.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
The concern is the inaccuracy. He was generally pinpoint accurate in college and now he's missing throws that are easier than most of his college completions.

The position is mostly mental, and that's what's apparently going to break him.

The fact he’s displayed accuracy before makes me less concerned. This is a complex offense and he’s over thinking things. He’s pressing too much. Once he starts to get more comfortable and build confidence he’ll be fine.

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
To me the more interesting question is:

What if they stick with him and he finally becomes competent but only in the last year of his rookie contract?

Do you low ball him and let him test the market, or do you pay him like a franchise QB and hope he doesn't regress?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
To me the more interesting question is:

What if they stick with him and he finally becomes competent but only in the last year of his rookie contract?

Do you low ball him and let him test the market, or do you pay him like a franchise QB and hope he doesn't regress?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Define competent. Luck? Orton? Mariota? You offer him his value.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Taking into account how Trubisky looked better last year, I’d venture to say that this offense is too complicated for him right now.