What I Would Like to See During the Bye Week

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
What I would like to see the Bears look at during the bye week,

1. Sherrick McManis gets benched. When the Bears go into nickle have Ball come in and move Fuller inside. Fuller had success at Virginia Tech when he was able to blitz, come up against the run and cover different parts of the field.

2. Leave Charles Leno at LT. There is something here and Leno continues to shut down very good pass rushers. Leno has played Aldon Smith, Tamba Hali and Ezekial Ansah and has played well. I know this will upset Bushrod, but Bushrod has no future on this team. Bushrod is old, average, and constantly banged up.

3. Give up on Lamarr Houston.

4. Move Christian Jones to OLB and allow Anderson/Reynolds to work beside McClellin. Jones instincts and awareness are not there and they do not seem to be developing.

5. Bench Vlad Ducasse. Patrick Omaneh was pretty good against the Raiders and Ducasse continues to struggle.

Boochee Man

Liked Posts:
McMannis has been getting beat like a drum all season at Nickel. He's a special teamer and nothing more.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Solid list, but if Rat is going to miss a lot of time...try Houston at DE?

mecha

Liked Posts:
if only the front office listened to you.

geneatals

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
move fuller to safety or bench him

:beartroll:

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I mean sit him on the bench. Play Acho more is pass rush situations.

Cutting him right now doesn't do anything.

But Acho is already playing more than Houston.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
What I would like to see the Bears look at during the bye week,

1. Sherrick McManis gets benched. When the Bears go into nickle have Ball come in and move Fuller inside. Fuller had success at Virginia Tech when he was able to blitz, come up against the run and cover different parts of the field.

2. Leave Charles Leno at LT. There is something here and Leno continues to shut down very good pass rushers. Leno has played Aldon Smith, Tamba Hali and Ezekial Ansah and has played well. I know this will upset Bushrod, but Bushrod has no future on this team. Bushrod is old, average, and constantly banged up.

3. Give up on Lamarr Houston.

4. Move Christian Jones to OLB and allow Anderson/Reynolds to work beside McClellin. Jones instincts and awareness are not there and they do not seem to be developing.

5. Bench Vlad Ducasse. Patrick Omaneh was pretty good against the Raiders and Ducasse continues to struggle.

Yeah i think after another bad showing by McManis he needs to lose his spot. It should be Porter, Fuller, Ball playing CB/Nickle. I wouldn't mind seeing a K.Fuller/A.Amos playing the safety spots to see what Fuller can do cause he's a good tackler.
Leno has clearly deserved an extended look at LT.
L.Houston made a couple of plays yesterday but doesn't get much field time right now anyway.
Is C.Jones big enough to play OLB??
I think P.Omaneh will be the starting RG as soon as he's healthy which he hasn't been the last couple of weeks.

Bear Hux

Liked Posts:
Aaron Rogers finds his calling as an actor quits the nfl.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Aaron Rogers finds his calling as an actor quits the nfl.

There's this song by Aerosmith called "Dream On" I think it applies.

Bear Hux

Liked Posts:
There's this song by Aerosmith called "Dream On" I think it applies.
Yes but it's what I would most like to see over the bye week.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What I would like to see during the bye week is for HeHateMe to be given another chance and have his membership reinstated. Sometimes it is okay for people to recognize they made a mistake (whether it be the mods or HHM) and just move forward in life.

Bears93

Liked Posts:
Yeah i think after another bad showing by McManis he needs to lose his spot. It should be Porter, Fuller, Ball playing CB/Nickle. I wouldn't mind seeing a K.Fuller/A.Amos playing the safety spots to see what Fuller can do cause he's a good tackler.
Leno has clearly deserved an extended look at LT.
L.Houston made a couple of plays yesterday but doesn't get much field time right now anyway.
Is C.Jones big enough to play OLB??
I think P.Omaneh will be the starting RG as soon as he's healthy which he hasn't been the last couple of weeks.

I would really like to see Fuller at safety as well, or nickel but the kid just can't play against guys like Megatron and we know that, and he also can't play against players like Tate apparently. He has no coverage instincts at all in man to man coverage he gets distracted by their routes and never looks at the ball. I do agree he can tackle though.. He impresses me a lot when I see his open field tackling on screens and short passes.