What if Mike Glennon scenario

dabears584

Bears Fan For Life TT&T
Liked Posts:
So... you're asking what would be the trade value for Glennon if he puts up numbers which would make him appear to be a 'franchise QB'.

The real question is why would you trade him then?

Brings back memories of Bress / Rivers..... Bress had finally turned the corner and was looking like a franchise QB... but SDC let him go any way in favor of keeping Rivers, who they drafted while Bress was looking bad....... Im pretty sure SDC fans would have rather kept Bress.

Brees Brees Brees please lol. Good problem to have imo. You keep Glennon another year and see how he does year two and see how the new guy is developing. No need to rush the 2017 rookie, if Glennon is holding down the fort well enough. Doubt he plays completely lights out enough to permanently take the job.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
:aj:

If Glennon plays around Cousins level, then we are keeping him because we will be winning.

67.0% 4,917 yards, 25 TDs, 12 INTs, 97.2 QBR.

Its a huge reach to think that Glennon would play anything near at the Cousins level:(

Big Tyme D

Liked Posts:
Its a huge reach to think that Glennon would play anything near at the Cousins level:(
It's no more of a reach than to think that any of the QBs in this years draft could play at cousins level.

Every one keeps saying they don't know what Glennon will give us.... but we don't know what any of the QBs in this years class would give us eiither.... at the very least... Glennon has shown he can play at this level and did well inspite playing for a really bad TB team. Just don't know how improved he may be after sitting behind Winston the last couple seasons... he could pull at Steve Young or he could pull a Sam Cassell.

Either way... I'ld rather wait till next yeas after seeing what the team has in him and tapping that crop of QBs if he is bad.... which would land us in a top position again anyway.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Glennon is nothing more than a stop-gap.

He's getting a similar deal that Osweiler had last year for QB starved team. The Texans are still attempting to find a QB

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
So now the Bears drafted a QB, what if Glennon blows us away?

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
Trade him next offseason for a 2nd round pick. His contract will be very tradable.

But what if he turns out to be great and Trubisky busts. I like the idea of trading him for a 2nd, but only if Trubisky is somehow proven. If Glennon plays so well then I think you trade Trubisky to the Browns for a 1st or some shit.

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
Assuming Glennon plays well and Trubisky takes a while to be ready but does flash in 2018, it might be better for us to wait two years before trading Glennon.

Next year it is possible that Cousins, McCarron and Jimmy G all hit free agency. This will probably hit his value.