What Is The Best Offseason Move Bears Have Made So Far?

Best Offseason Move?

• Ryan Paces extension

Votes: 3 6.7%
  • Firing John Fox

Votes: 16 35.6%
  • Cutting Ties with Dowell Loggains

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hiring Matt Nagy

Votes: 14 31.1%
  • Hiring Mark Helfrich

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Re-signing Vic Fangio

Votes: 8 17.8%
  • Hiring Harry Hiestand

Votes: 4 8.9%

• Total voters

D.J. Moore

The Member
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
To me it was hiring Matt Nagy because it is going to start something new in the Bears roster that we desperately needed.

The Doctor

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
For the first time in forever the Bears now have the potential to get better fast and I'm excited to see if Nagy can realize this potential here and not fall flat on his face as so many others have done before him. i remember the Wanny hire and how much excitement surrounded that. He was the consensus best available HC candidate and the Bears got him. After a couple of years we couldn't run him out of town fast enough. It is my sincere hope that the Nagy train doesn't come off the rails like that one did.

Gaucho

Liked Posts:
To me it was hiring Matt Nagy because it is going to start something new in the Bears roster that we desperately needed.
I think it all starts at the top with Matt Nagy. Most interesting hire? Mark Helfrich. Most under the radar? Harry Hiestand.

pfcmsh

Liked Posts:
I voted Nagy, but Pace's extension was a close 2nd. I really think that he is doing a good job. Sure he has made some awful errors, but he corrects them. No one is perfect in this league. I think Pace is on the right track.

pfcmsh

Liked Posts:
I remember the excitement over Wannstedt. If I remember right, he tried to bring in quick fixes. After a year or 2, I knew he would never get results. He talked a good game, but he didn't get it done. I can't even stand to listen to him on the pre or post game shows because it reminds me of how he used to whine about the game and what he was going to do. No results. My Mom knew I had trouble with Wanny. She is 91 and she still finds clippings of his picture to put into my birthday card. LOL.

Antobears

Liked Posts:
I voted Nagy, but Pace's extension was a close 2nd. I really think that he is doing a good job. Sure he has made some awful errors, but he corrects them. No one is perfect in this league. I think Pace is on the right track.
I voted pace. I love his attitude to the big decisions: make your mind up and get it done.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
Definitely hiring nagy. I dont approve of the pace extension based on his performance but he has made the right moves so far this offseason. The next move that needs to be made is re-sign fuller.

MonkeyPox

Liked Posts:
Liked the Hiestand hire honestly. I could have lived with Shurmur, DeFilllipo, or any of the top 5 coaches that could have had the job. A good o line is the first step to ANY long term successful offense and it seems the Bears FINALLY might get a decent, sustainable offense.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I think a good deal of the love for when Wanny was hired is that he was from Pitt, like Ditka. they both had a moustache also. Many thought we were getting Ditka version 2

Sent from my RCT6703W13 using Tapatalk

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I remember the excitement over Wannstedt. If I remember right, he tried to bring in quick fixes. After a year or 2, I knew he would never get results. He talked a good game, but he didn't get it done. I can't even stand to listen to him on the pre or post game shows because it reminds me of how he used to whine about the game and what he was going to do. No results. My Mom knew I had trouble with Wanny. She is 91 and she still finds clippings of his picture to put into my birthday card. LOL.

"She is 91 and she still finds clippings of his picture to put into my birthday card."

Oh, I like her. A lot!

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Firing Fox was the catalyst for everything after. It's no question it was the best move.

Completely agree.

People do not understand that the firing of Fox was the tipping point where Pace got more power than the meddling twins, George and Teddy. He did this by reminding them that Fox was truthfully all on them. He finally was able to get the innovative HC that he wanted to bring the Bears offense into this century, only 18 years late.

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
Completely agree.

People do not understand that the firing of Fox was the tipping point where Pace got more power than the meddling twins, George and Teddy. He did this by reminding them that Fox was truthfully all on them. He finally was able to get the innovative HC that he wanted to bring the Bears offense into this century, only 18 years late.

Source? . . .