Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Today on his podcast Lonzo revealed what was actually the issue with his knee for the last 2 years.

Long story short, he ended up getting a meniscus transplant, in addition to the cartilage transplant, after an initial "waste of time" year trying to figure out what was up. A fairly major operation either way and not one we hear about much.

Rather than go into the implications of that myself, here's what a doctor says about all that. Naturally, the conclusion is basically temper your expectations of what we'll see Lonzo do, but a return to NBA basketball is not out of the question.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
They built him to be faster, stronger, etc…

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
At this point, I'm not sure why Lonzo would even risk coming back. He's already made a ton of money and he's still in his twenties. If he damages this knee again... idk, at some point you gotta start thinking about your quality of life.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
I saw this video, and despite not ever having my expectations on #1, a Ball family member, or #2, anyone who goes through any form of major knee surgery, it's like... whoa, wait. You can't call him good, that's 100% sure. But you can't count him out either. Medicine can be pretty amazing.
And if a doctor is making youtube content based on the expectations of children(or simply inexperienced people), then that's also a pretty naive doctor or just an opportunist trying to be the next Dr Mike.

If this is yet another high profile surgery that one day helps any of us get a better knee replacement or whatever at differing points of our lives, cool. It might be more valuable than his career then, and we can finally be thankful for his career.