What should the Bears do about their QB situation?

bearsden

Liked Posts:
Lets cut the bullshit. I want this person or I want that person. Lets do the one that makes the most logical sense. It doesn't sound logical to give the house for a guy whos been a backup to Tom Brady. It doesn't sound logical to make a QB who has back problems and would be moving to a much worse offensive line then the cowboys. I see two main options, We draft someone or make a run for Tyrod Taylor. I personally am a fan of him and think he would be a good QB for the Bears but im ok with either. Romo would get injured for the Bears and Jimmy is too big of a unknown to give the house for.

Washington

Liked Posts:
Bring back Shaw only from last year and draft 2 QBs and roll this year with that. Re-assess next year. It is time to start drafting QBs until we get it right and after we get it right, keep drafting QBs. I love the Ron Wolf method.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
I've been tooting his horn since September...AJ FUCKING McCarron! Hes a perfect fit for the Bears. I would still draft a QB and stop ignoring the most important postion in all of sports.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Lets cut the bullshit. I want this person or I want that person. Lets do the one that makes the most logical sense. It doesn't sound logical to give the house for a guy whos been a backup to Tom Brady. It doesn't sound logical to make a QB who has back problems and would be moving to a much worse offensive line then the cowboys. I see two main options, We draft someone or make a run for Tyrod Taylor. I personally am a fan of him and think he would be a good QB for the Bears but im ok with either. Romo would get injured for the Bears and Jimmy is too big of a unknown to give the house for.
:facepalm:
I'd personally target my guy in the draft and make sure I get him. Not that keen on cast offs for what they'd cost. Old guy is a bad idea. JG is probably too expensive in terms of trade value unless BB relaxes his demands. TT is not a pocket guy nor long term answer and McCarron is likely just good enough to have you settle instead of finding a difference maker.

AJ as not a destination and instead of Hoyer isn't a bad idea but is he really significantly better than Shaw?

Newblood

Liked Posts:
Wait. So people have been suggesting things that they believe to illogical up to this point? What the hell is wrong with you people?

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I really feel Jimmy G is built to be successful in today's NFL. The reason that I say that is that he does everything quickly.

-Quick feet
-Quick decision
-Quick release

I think that plays into the type of game the NFL is demanding right now. The days of the 7 step drop and gun it 50 yards look to be closing to a degree. Teams are being successful getting the ball out quickly, accurately, and allowing guys to make plays once they catch it in stride.

We have even seen it in a player like Matt Stafford who arguably had his best season when Megatron retired and he spread the ball around underneath.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I really feel Jimmy G is built to be successful in today's NFL. The reason that I say that is that he does everything quickly.

-Quick feet
-Quick decision
-Quick release

I think that plays into the type of game the NFL is demanding right now. The days of the 7 step drop and gun it 50 yards look to be closing to a degree. Teams are being successful getting the ball out quickly, accurately, and allowing guys to make plays once they catch it in stride.

We have even seen it in a player like Matt Stafford who arguably had his best season when Megatron retired and he spread the ball around underneath.

If this is true, then signing Jeffery doesn't make much sense for the Bears. AJ is a long ball threat and not a great route runner. What are your thoughts on AJ?

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If this is true, then signing Jeffery doesn't make much sense for the Bears. AJ is a long ball threat and not a great route runner. What are your thoughts on AJ?

I think he is talented and you want to keep him because he consistently beats guys.

But I agree with the premise that having Jimmy makes Alshon less important than if you draft Watson who has success with big bodied guys.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I've been tooting his horn since September...AJ FUCKING McCarron! Hes a perfect fit for the Bears.

Well, I guess he fits in with all the other Bears QBs who weren't franchise caliber talents either, there is that.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I've been tooting his horn since September...AJ FUCKING McCarron! Hes a perfect fit for the Bears. I would still draft a QB and stop ignoring the most important postion in all of sports.

AJ McCarron seems like a young B.Hoyer to me....no thank you.

laputan

Liked Posts:

-Quick feet
-Quick decision
-Quick release

I think that plays into the type of game the NFL is demanding right now. The days of the 7 step drop and gun it 50 yards look to be closing to a degree.

But can he do this?

[video=youtube_share;hkcgnQ7tA6I]https://youtu.be/hkcgnQ7tA6I[/video]

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think he is talented and you want to keep him because he consistently beats guys.

But I agree with the premise that having Jimmy makes Alshon less important than if you draft Watson who has success with big bodied guys.

I don't. I think he's perfect for JG. You don't need to drive the ball to him on those one on ones and JG can lay it up fine. If it floats a little, it wont hurt a thing.

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
We don't need a QB, roll with Hoyer, Barkley, and Shaw and draft all defense. Defense wins championships.