What should the cubs do at manager after 2013?

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Pretty sure Sveum's deal is up after next season as he signed a 3 year deal in Nov. of 2011. So, who's your guy to manage them going forward?

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Depends who is available. Sveum will coach next year and unless the Cubs come close or make the playoffs. I think he will be let go and somebody else will come in. Ive heard rumors about Joe Maddon, but I don't think his contract is up until 2015. Could be a lot of options.

The Bandit

vick27m
Donator
Liked Posts:
Depends who is available. Sveum will coach next year and unless the Cubs come close or make the playoffs. I think he will be let go and somebody else will come in. Ive heard rumors about Joe Maddon, but I don't think his contract is up until 2015. Could be a lot of options.

Maddon would be a hell of a pickup that's for sure. Probably the best manager in the game. But it's to early to tell what we do with sveum let's wait till next year.

what the on tapatalk

mountsalami

Liked Posts:
Maddon would be a hell of a pickup that's for sure. Probably the best manager in the game. But it's to early to tell what we do with sveum let's wait till next year.

what the on tapatalk

Even Maddon couldn't turn this shit to gold that Boy Blunder has been mining for.

Why waste their money on a good manager if the goal is not to be competitive.

Boy Blunder and his puppets need to go first. His decisions have been beyond horrific overall.

patg006

Liked Posts:
Even Maddon couldn't turn this shit to gold that Boy Blunder has been mining for.

Boy Blunder and his puppets need to go first. His decisions have been beyond horrific overall.

Crane Kenney can take his useless ass with them...

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Crane Kenney can take his useless ass with them...

Kenney is just President of Business Operations now anyway, has no role in baseball operations.

mountsalami

Liked Posts:
Pretty sure Sveum's deal is up after next season as he signed a 3 year deal in Nov. of 2011. So, who's your guy to manage them going forward?

Anyone barely alive on a ventilator can achieve the goals of the last two seasons.

I'll take Richard Simmons. He's a great motivator and he really cares.

richard_simmons_5168360.jpg

Flacco4Prez

Liked Posts:
I'll manage. Pay my college tuition and $250 a game. May help the future more by losing games since that seems to be the goal, while saving money of course

beckdawg

Liked Posts:

The cubs are on pace for 71 wins which is where they started while improving their farm system and reducing payroll by 25%. If that's horrific, what's average for a front office? I'm not going to sit here and say the front office has been amazing but casting them as one of the worst in baseball just isn't the case. Horrific is what Miami did a couple of years ago spending $100's of million on contracts and got 3 games worse and then this year they blew the team up and they are currently on a pace for 9 games worse than when they started.

As for Maddon, the cubs are building the way Tampa has with young guys. Whether they will be as good in assessing players remains to be seen. But, a manager who is good at managing younger guys would be preferable because that appears to be the approach they are taking.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I'd rather wait and see what happens next year.

Last 2 years he have been given a big turn over with no established hitting core and a bunch of turn over. It is hard to judge him on that. This year there has been improvement in the same situation. The pitching staff has improved and to be honest is and an eye sore.

Even if they can him I'd retain Bosio. He has proven that what he teaches works. (Feldman alone proves that)

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
I'd rather wait and see what happens next year.

Last 2 years he have been given a big turn over with no established hitting core and a bunch of turn over. It is hard to judge him on that. This year there has been improvement in the same situation. The pitching staff has improved and to be honest is and an eye sore.

Even if they can him I'd retain Bosio. He has proven that what he teaches works. (Feldman alone proves that)

Pitching has been pretty good. What's more troubling to me is Castro and Rizzo haven't really developed as well as you would like and Sveum is a former hitting coach.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Rizzo is not proven yet. Castro was and slumped after they altered his mechanics. I believe that Dale will be a fall guy after year 3 if the team continues this pace. Bosio should be retained as he has proven that he can get quality performances out of his starters. Hitting coaches need to go away. Just let the guys hit and help them keep their mechanics sound. Don't try to change them. If they do not profile what management wants then get a player that profiles. Don't sign free swingers and expect them to change who they are. Scout and sign the wanted profile then nurture it. To say the least not a good track record.

Shawon0Meter

PLAYOFFS?!?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cubs have been the definition of having nothing to work with. Sveum for sure gets next season