What Should Trest do at QB? Bears fans have been here before

sam slocum

Liked Posts:
I could think of so many more worse issues with Cutler at qb then you could with McCown. Yes McCown threw a couple bad balls that should have been intercepted but those were his worst passes in 5 games. Cutler has at least 5 of those every game.

McCown also had the 2nd highest interception rate from 2002 to 2012 if I heard that correctly when I was listening to sports radio earlier. People think Cutler can't change his stripes, no reason to believe McCown can change his long term, and history would indicate the Bears will never be able to draft a QB anyway.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
people forget that McCown had about 3 picks that were dropped and 1 called back because of a defensive hold.

I would LOVE to keep McCown around, but solely as a backup. I still want Jay to be our starter heading into the 2014 season with a 3 year extension, but more likely will be a 4 year deal.

One of my issues with McCown are his low throws....there seem to be times where the receiver would be able to pick up some YAC if the ball was placed in a better location.
Every QB in the league has picks that were dropped. Get over it already. Can't keep McCown around as a backup after paying for Cutler. Other teams will offer him more money.

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Every QB in the league has picks that were dropped. Get over it already. Can't keep McCown around as a backup after paying for Cutler. Other teams will offer him more money.
Thats crazy...McCown will want to stay here and will work out a deal Im sure

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
No chance. There's about 8 teams desperate for a QB and many more who'd be willing to pay more for a good backup.

He will be loyal to the team who gave him two chances while he was sitting home without a football job. He will also take less money to stay with a system that fits him perfect, no doubt about it.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Huh? Both did actually.

ANd how did Manning do against the Cowboys. If McCown throws 7 td's against the Eagles like Manning did, then I will be impressed.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
"Until he loses" isn't practical. Wins and losses are a team stat. The job should be McCown's for the rest of this year because he's proved that he runs Trestman's offense more efficiently than Cutler.

And giving Cutler 80 million dollars is coco pops crazy. You give that kind of money to high level QBs in their prime, not inconsistent, injury prone turnover machines who do as much to help the opposition win as you. That's beyond absurd.

coco pops crazy huh…..yep thats me.

You guys give me the worst fucking Cassandra complex, goddammit love when you all call me stupid.