What the Cubs could/should trade and what they could/should get.

Lex L.

Liked Posts:
It seems apparent the Cubs will be unloading some veteran players. Who do you think it should be, who do you think it will be, and what should they get in return (without necessarily naming specific players)?

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
marmol- Stock is high, wont be for a while before he can close for a contending cubs team. anyone thinking the cubs are going to go out and buy a pujols/fielder is out of their mind. I would suggest reading a forbes magazine for those fans.

Aram- but if he waives he ntc and gets moved, I doubt a team will risk him excercising his player option for 16 million

zambrano- stock is high, even with his behavior. (send him to my team) hell he grew up a sox fan and is friends with ozzie. but he will probably be dealt to a starved SP staff that is contending like the red sox, yankees, Rangers.

Fuke- stock is higher than most years, still not enough power for a team to say WOW at.

dempster- an nl contender for some chips.

Pena- maybe a real starved hitting team would take him, he isnt a player that would put someone over the top.

just some quick thoughts.

bleacherbum54

GoCubsGo
Liked Posts:
marmol- Stock is high, wont be for a while before he can close for a contending cubs team. anyone thinking the cubs are going to go out and buy a pujols/fielder is out of their mind. I would suggest reading a forbes magazine for those fans.

Aram- but if he waives he ntc and gets moved, I doubt a team will risk him excercising his player option for 16 million

zambrano- stock is high, even with his behavior. (send him to my team) hell he grew up a sox fan and is friends with ozzie. but he will probably be dealt to a starved SP staff that is contending like the red sox, yankees, Rangers.

Fuke- stock is higher than most years, still not enough power for a team to say WOW at.

dempster- an nl contender for some chips.

Pena- maybe a real starved hitting team would take him, he isnt a player that would put someone over the top.

just some quick thoughts.

I really hope we trade all the names listed hell maybe even Byrd if a team would take a gamble on him sad that the injury occurred might hurt his trade value.

poodski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Preferably only trade expiring contracts unless the other team takes all/most the money.

Otherwise don't bother.

Shawon0Meter

PLAYOFFS?!?
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't understand trading Zambrano and Marmol.

Marmol is a good closer under a decent contract. Yeah, that makes me him easier to trade, but let's keep something like that on our team.

Why downgrade the pitching staff so much by getting rid of Zambrano? Did you like the way Coleman really stepped up and took charge? Or does it really just excite you to trade him for a couple guys that have a 97% chance of not being nearly as good as he is?

cubsneedmiracle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't understand trading Zambrano and Marmol.

Marmol is a good closer under a decent contract. Yeah, that makes me him easier to trade, but let's keep something like that on our team.

Why downgrade the pitching staff so much by getting rid of Zambrano? Did you like the way Coleman really stepped up and took charge? Or does it really just excite you to trade him for a couple guys that have a 97% chance of not being nearly as good as he is?

I agree and I think most Cub fans are perfectly fine with moving anyone up to Marmol and Z.. Then on both if we are moving them we should get quite a bit back otherwise we might as well keep them.

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Dont see much being traded cause of NTC's :(

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Fuk and Pena are the two i want to see gone

lol@getting rid of Zambrano and Marmol...who are you getting back? Is that really going to help the team?

Rick

Liked Posts:
Hopefully Zambrano, Fukudome, Ramirez and Byrd...