My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
When I was a kid, my father always had me in the backyard trying to hit. He would make me do drills, hang a string from a clothesline and make me hit the tip, etc

He was a National League guy so he tried to teach me to hit like Banks, Clemente and Aaron, which was making contact off the front foot. Interesting how many NL guys hit off of their front foot back then. This was contrary to how the rest of the league hit and staying back on the right foot. Then he made me hold the bat like Banks: Low hands, bat upright. His insistence wasn't helpful, cause nobody is teaching the Clemente or Banks style of hitting

Here is a video of Clemente from the 71 all star game. Watch him at 2;20 hitting off the front foot.

Good for Clemente, bad for me

Last edited:

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Did you lease your bat and cleats moneybags? Get a real good deal?

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
When I was a kid, my father always had me in the backyard trying to hit. He would make me do drills, hang a string from a clothesline and make me hit the tip, etc

He was a National League guy so he tried to teach me to hit like Banks, Clemente and Aaron, which was making contact off the front foot. Interesting how many NL guys hit off of their front foot back then. This was contrary to how the rest of the league hit and staying back on the right foot. Then he made me hold the bat like Banks: Low hands, bat upright. His insistence wasn't helpful, cause nobody is teaching the Clemente or Banks style of hitting

Here is a video of Clemente from the 71 all star game. Watch him at 2;20 hitting off the front foot.

Was this before or after you chopped off your fingers?

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
I see your old man was dumb which is why you turned out to be 3 quarters Special person

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
I see your old man was dumb which is why you turned out to be 3 quarters Special person
Wow, the parent card

@Silence apparently this clown doesnt respect your forum

If I had said this I would be banned, but some people have the consent to say anything

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Wow, the parent card

@Silence apparently this clown doesnt respect your forum

If I had said this I would be banned, but some people have the consent to say anything

glass house livin asshole.
boo hoo...Can't take it now?

People literally tell you to die slow in a fire but here you are mad that your father broughr you up on shitty baseball advice.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:

Too bad he didn't bean you in the head more. Maybe he that would have knocked some sense into you. Or even better...

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Well when I started to read the OP I was thinking taking out back to the tool shed like they did back in the good ole days. Before people realised that beating a kid up is not ok.

But after reading this it is really nice Ommy.