Where does Tony Romo land in 2017 - Rams, Bears, Texans, Jets, etc?

ditka4life

Liked Posts:
So, while Tony Romo is one injury away from a wheelchair, he could still have 1 more season left in him.
Could having Romo on the Bears make the Bears an instant playoff contender?
The Bears have the cap room to take on Romo's contract.

I also think the Rams or Jets could be a QB away from playoff contention and they could trade for Romo.
I see him landing with the Rams because Kroenke wants to sell PSLs.

Where does Tony Romo end up?

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Romo would not make Baers playoff contenders. I could see him end up with NYJ

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Denver makes the most sense. As well as Houston.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Romo would not make Baers playoff contenders. I could see him end up with NYJ

The thing is the Jets are already in the red as far as cap space. They're going to have to make some cuts just to free up enough for the rookie pool.

But, anyways, I see absolutely zero point to bringing in Romo. The team would be better off continuing to build rather than having a flash-in-the-pan kind of year that bucks them down in the following draft and does zero to improve chances of being a better team long term. It's not like they're a competent QB away from winning a SB; if that were the case, fine.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I agree with Denver. Houston? Can they afford Romo with Osweiler's contract? Rams just drafted Goff are they going to bench their last year's #1 pick for Romo? I don't know if the Jets are as close to the playoffs as some here think but, o.k., the Jets would make sense. As would Chicago and SF, among others.

I don't know that the point of bringing in Romo for a year or two to get a team over the hump is the only reason you bring him in. It would make sense to bring him in and have him play in front of a rookie QB. The other positive in this scenario is that he helps the rest of the team. He'll make your pass catchers better because of his ability and experience. He can be a positive in a young locker room. So, he could be worth the money even if he only keeps the seat warm.

Yes, of course, he's your guy if you believe you are just a QB away from making the playoffs or making a deep run. All of this being said with the elephant in the room that is injuries. He's a awkward/bad hit from being out forever and if you leverage too much for him it could back-fire.

PAPABEAR77

Liked Posts:
Denver don't want him they already said this
Jets don't have the cap
Houston is in dept with Brock
The rams could go after him
The bears make more sense he went to school at eastern Illinois and he has family in Wisconsin coming here to finish his career makes sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HansGruber

INFIDEL
Liked Posts:
Give me Romo and Watson..

Can you dig it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Give me Romo and Watson..

Can you dig it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ok........but there are better choices out there beside Romo. However, I'd be on-board with Romo tutoring Watson for a yr or so

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
True, Bears have more cap room to spend on a 1-2 year better than but effectively bridge QB in Romo. He'd be a good rental while possibly holding off the pitchforks as a likely late round developmental QB is groomed.

Wouldn't surprise me and could work out for the progression of the team, but not a great deal other than good $$ for Romo.

I still think that Chicago media & fans would eat him and the staff alive for bringing him here at the first sign of a papercut or INT #1. Bad fit for no other reason than that.

ditka4life

Liked Posts:
A good reason that owners would want Romo is that he would sell alot of jerseys and PSLs.
I would take him if he is cheap and the cowboys take on a lot of his money.