Sittton
Young

Get the Bears to 91 million

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I think we have to keep Sitton and Young for depth. Unless Pace really solidifies those positions in FA and adds to them in the draft. I also think Demps should be cut.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Cool,

It is very easy to get to $80M! Wow, we could have some serious cash.

Released Mike Glennon
(Saved: $11,500,000)
Released Pernell McPhee
(Saved: $7,075,000)
Released Dion Sims
(Saved: $5,666,666)
Released Markus Wheaton
(Saved: $5,000,000)
Released Marcus Cooper
(Saved: $4,500,000)
Released Jerrell Freeman
(Saved: $3,500,000)
Released Quintin Demps
(Saved: $3,260,416)
Released Hroniss Grasu
(Saved: $799,500)

Washington

Liked Posts:
I would not release Cooper, Demps, or Sims unless PaceNagyMcCaskeyPhillips signs players who are better than them. The team has plenty of cash and those guys are under contract still. Gutting the roster without proper replacements is part of what has slowed this perpetual rebuild. Note, I think Cooper, Demps, and Sims all need to be replaced.

I would cut McKnees because he can't be counted on due to injuries. I would cut Freeman as a message that getting suspended 2 years in a row for 14 of the 32 games is unacceptable behavior that hurt the team. Of course Glennon should be cut because anyone else they would add to the roster would be better than him. Move Butt Fumble to #2 and put another young QB on the practice squad.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I think we have to keep Sitton and Young for depth. Unless Pace really solidifies those positions in FA and adds to them in the draft. I also think Demps should be cut.

I worry he is becoming a worse and worse fit for the system.

Nagy and the Chefs, Helfrich and Oregon, run a ton of screens and I am not sure he gets outside like he use to.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I would not release Cooper, Demps, or Sims unless PaceNagyMcCaskeyPhillips signs players who are better than them. The team has plenty of cash and those guys are under contract still. Gutting the roster without proper replacements is part of what has slowed this perpetual rebuild. Note, I think Cooper, Demps, and Sims all need to be replaced.

I would cut McKnees because he can't be counted on due to injuries. I would cut Freeman as a message that getting suspended 2 years in a row for 14 of the 32 games is unacceptable behavior that hurt the team. Of course Glennon should be cut because anyone else they would add to the roster would be better than him. Move Butt Fumble to #2 and put another young QB on the practice squad.

I would cut them as we sign guys.

I do not think any of them would be hard to upgrade and you probably could do it much cheaper.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
You guys would be fools to release Glennon. 2018 is the year of the giraffe

Hammer

Liked Posts:
If Bears release...

QB Glennon
OLB McPhee
TE Sims
RT Massie
WR Wheaton
CB Cooper
OLB Young
ILB Freeman
S Demps
and bunch of roster scrubs with contracts under $1M

... they can have up to $99M of Cap Space to spend in FA and for Draft picks.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
CAP TOTALS

TRANSACTIONS LOG (HIDE)

• Released Mike Glennon
    (Saved: $11,500,000)
  • Released Pernell McPhee
    (Saved: $7,075,000)
  • Released Dion Sims
    (Saved: $5,666,666)
  • Released Markus Wheaton
    (Saved: $5,000,000)
  • Released Marcus Cooper
    (Saved: $4,500,000)
  • Released Jerrell Freeman
    (Saved: $3,500,000)
  • Released Quintin Demps
    (Saved: $3,260,416)

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
[video=youtube_share;7SqC_m3yUDU]https://youtu.be/7SqC_m3yUDU[/video]

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

I think we need to revamp the line. The only starter that is a lock IMO is Whitehair either at C or G. Massie is a waste, Sitton is too old and can't move as well as he used to, and Long seems to always be hurt. I would proceed on the assumption that he won't be available and then if he is then great we have good depth.

As for Leno, he is a tough one to figure out. He is adequate at LT but would not be opposed to an upgrade. Probably not a good enough run blocker to hold down RT and not sure he has the strength for LG. At any rate, I would certainly look to bring in a legit LT and see if Leno fits somewhere else. Or maybe draft a guy like Brown who you can start at RT and then move him over to LT to replace Leno in a year or two.

SeriouslyImNotPace

Liked Posts:
Ok. You are right on much of this but people are losing their heads.

Take the logical cuts. McPhee, Cooper, Demps, Wheaton, Sims. Add that you want to replace all but one lineman. Right now you would need 10-12 guys. More than 20 guys are out of contract.

So can some one please explain to me where you are getting the 30 or more(other cuts)in less than 3 off seasons? Pace going to sign 20 free agents?

Upgrades are possible. Long, Sitton, Massie, Sims may present issues or questions, but it can all not be done right now.