2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
It's about time! Why even hold onto Paulie? Let him have a chance to get another ring this year.

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/blog/j...r-business-all-but-sale-konerko-are-available

The Chicago White Sox are open for business and have made everyone but star left-hander Chris Sale and beloved veteran first baseman Paul Konerko available, rival executives say.
They add that the Sox are already exchanging names on some potential deals.
The White Sox's sale (lower case s, so as not to be confused with Sale) is quite intriguing, say rivals, as it could include center fielder Alex Rios, shortstop Alexei Ramirez and even starting pitcher John Danks, who signed a $65 million, five-year contract just last year. All of those names are on the table.
Rivals say the White Sox are taking a very reasonable approach in terms of where they stand this year, adding that they have some obvious assets to peddle. One NL executive said both Rios and Ramirez should have decent value. Although Ramirez has only one home run this year, that executive pointed out, “He's hitting .280, has 18 stolen bases and plays good defense.''
The Rangers, Yankees, Giants and Royals are among teams that could fit for Rios, and so could the Phillies if they decide to buy or trade and not to sell. The Dodgers could make sense for Ramirez, and one competing executive said a team like the Mets could consider him as a long-term option if they were so inclined.
The White Sox are well stocked with relievers on reasonable, expiring contracts, withJesse Crain, who's 2-2 with a 0.52 ERA and 46 strikeouts in 34 2/3 innings, leading the way. In a soft market for closers, the Sox might try to sell him as a potential ninth-inning man, though Crain only has four career saves, with no more than one in any single year. Crain has about $2.25 million left on his salary this year, aiding his value, while Matt Lindstrom has about $1.5 million left and Matt Thornton $3.5 million.
Jake Peavy could be the best available starting pitcher on the trade market. But being that he still has three weeks or so before he's expected back off the disabled list with a broken rib, it's a bit of a dicey situation -- though it shouldn't be forgotten that Peavy was on the DL with an ankle injury when the Sox originally acquired him in 2009.
Peavy is in the first year of a two-year, $29 million deal. “It's going to be tough because the White Sox are going to want a lot for him, and clubs are unsure if he's healthy,'' one rival exec said.
Danks hasn't performed to past levels yet, as he's returning after arm surgery and is 1-5 with a 4.68 ERA.
Jeff Keppinger, having a rough offensive year in the first year of a three-year, $12 million deal, is another name that has come up. Adam Dunn, in the third year of his $56 million, four-year deal, might be hard to move, one exec suggested.
But Rios could be a star on the market, with 11 home runs, 13 stolen bases, 35 RBI, a .276 batting average and the ability to play all three outfield positions. He has about $20 million to go through next year, a bargain considering his production the past couple of years.

Gunzaan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
TRADEZZZZ EVERYONEZZZZZ

Sent from my Gopher hole using Tapatalk

Ok, what else should they do instead? Tell me who you would keep/bring up so that we an compete this year and/or next (I'm happy to give you one year.). I'd love to hear a sensible plan that doesn't include atleast a majority rebuild.

And Dews, you just thanked a guy being super sarcastic about trading people and then someone who said trade everyone, even Paulie. Pick a side :p

whitesoxman77

Jr. White Sox GM
Donator
Liked Posts:
White Sox are open for business

Ok, what else should they do instead? Tell me who you would keep/bring up so that we an compete this year and/or next (I'm happy to give you one year.). I'd love to hear a sensible plan that doesn't include atleast a majority rebuild.

And Dews, you just thanked a guy being super sarcastic about trading people and then someone who said trade everyone, even Paulie. Pick a side :p

Well I am actually being serious. "Trade everyone." I just wanted to put the z's in there #YOLO

BigSoxHurt35

Liked Posts:
I'm getting excited. Been ready to blow this lineup up for awhile now. I thnk they'll trade Paulie too. Trade everyone except Sale, Reed, Viciedo. Re-stock our farm system and maybe get a MLB ready player too.

BigSoxHurt35

Liked Posts:
Is there anyone good available in free agency this winter and that's realistic for Chicago?

Gunzaan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well I am actually being serious. "Trade everyone." I just wanted to put the z's in there #YOLO

Ok, my bad. I'm just being an over-sensitive bastard.. I've seen the "don't be a seller" argument in the past 45 days and still haven't heard a good argument that involves a competative lineup for the next 1.5 years...

It is time to replenish the farm and build for 2-3 years from now. Dump a bunch of salary off and then spend it down the road when things look better.

Last edited:

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Perhaps we can't be competitive in the next 6-18 months.

whitesoxman77

Jr. White Sox GM
Donator
Liked Posts:

Ok, my bad. I'm just being an over-sensitive bastard.. I've seen the "don't be a seller" argument in the past 45 days and still haven't heard a good argument that involves a competative lineup for the next 1.5 years...

It is time to replenish the farm and build for 2-3 years from now. Dump a bunch of salary off and then spend it down the road when things look better.

Definitely agree, things is the Sox draft really well, almost MLB ready players everytime. Wouldn't be surprised if we were competitive in two-three years.

Problem is, the team is gonna lose a lot of fair weather fans, die hards will need to step up to support the team at games, attendance isn't everything but its important for the players to see support in the stands.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
The number of diehards can't feed the hot dog vendor let alone the players. Don't look now, but 5-10K fans per game is coming.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

oh yeah. i agree.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
The number of diehards can't feed the hot dog vendor let alone the players. Don't look now, but 5-10K fans per game is coming.

On the bright side - fewer fans = cheaper dates. By the cheap seats, wait til the 3rd, move down. :D

When Cincinnati wasn't any good - $8 seats would end up putting me in the front row in right field after a few innings - hah

whitesoxman77

Jr. White Sox GM
Donator
Liked Posts:

I just don't want it to end up like Sun Life was :pray:

Status
Not open for further replies.