White Sox Tried To Obtain Ichiro

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That makes zero sense. Already have four good outfielders and Ichiro hasn't even been that good this year.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
FO and/or coaching staff lacking confidence in Viciedo for this year is the only angle I got. Perhaps also wanting another guy with speed to make it less of a softball lineup with Youk-Dunn-PK.

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
FO and/or coaching staff lacking confidence in Viciedo for this year is the only angle I got. Perhaps also wanting another guy with speed to make it less of a softball lineup with Youk-Dunn-PK.

I can understand lacking confidence in Viciedo. But Danks has a lot of speed, good defense, and has been good at the plate in every chance he's had.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
I can understand lacking confidence in Viciedo. But Danks has a lot of speed, good defense, and has been good at the plate in every chance he's had.
I'm not saying I understand it, but Kenny loves his vets. And that is the only reason I see why the Sox would care that the Yanks got Ichiro.

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm not saying I understand it, but Kenny loves his vets. And that is the only reason I see why the Sox would care that the Yanks got Ichiro.

It makes sense I guess. But this is why the farm system sucks. Kenny spends prospects on has beens and doesn't trust the young guys to play a roll on the team. Unless he really likes them. And it's obvious that he doesn't like Danks despite him doing nothing but good.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
I have a hard time envisioning Jordan Danks as more than a fourth OF type, but that is just what I've read from other people and the numbers he has put up.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I still would rather have a 23 year old with some pop and a cannon for an arm for trading specs and taking money on for ichiro who is not the same ichiro that we all know from seasons past.

Gunzaan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yah, for reasons already expressed in this thread, I am very happy that the Sox didn't waste a prospect or two on Ichiro. De Aza, once he gets back, is going to be just fine for us at leadoff.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
im shocked at how how de aza has been in the leadoff role and at defense. such an improvement over juan pierre.

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I have a hard time envisioning Jordan Danks as more than a fourth OF type, but that is just what I've read from other people and the numbers he has put up.

That's what most scouts and whatnot said while he was in the minors. It could very possibly be true that he remains a 4th outfielder, but I'd like to see him play some more games in LF this year because Viciedo has been struggling.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That's what most scouts and whatnot said while he was in the minors. It could very possibly be true that he remains a 4th outfielder, but I'd like to see him play some more games in LF this year because Viciedo has been struggling.

month of july:

.276 BA .333 OBP 2 HRs 781 OPS