Who are you most disappointed in so far this pre-season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
What player has been the most disappointing so far this pre-season?

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
Chris Williams. He looked great when the Bears finally realized that Orlando Pace had little left and Williams was out of place at RT. He's struggled this preseason, and he seems like he's a better fit in a ZBS than a traditional man-blocking scheme that Mike Tice loves and runs. The Bears would actually be better off running a ZBS w/ the athletic O-lineman they have.

bossdrb

The Boss
Donator
Liked Posts:
Chris Williams. He looked great when the Bears finally realized that Orlando Pace had little left and Williams was out of place at RT. He's struggled this preseason, and he seems like he's a better fit in a ZBS than a traditional man-blocking scheme that Mike Tice loves and runs. The Bears would actually be better off running a ZBS w/ the athletic O-lineman they have.

Agreed. Our lineman would have alot less pressure with zone blocking.

LeFevour has disappointed me thus far, but played well this game.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
everybody outside of Peppers and Forte.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Actually I'm more disappointed that Virginia McCaskey hasn't moved to the team to L.A. yet.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Chris Williams...he's looking like another Jerry Angelo 1st round draft pick miss.

Globetrotter

Liked Posts:
Brian Urlacher..he's my favorite player on the roster, but its getting old seeing him on the side line..

...and does brandon Manu exist? ( I know he's hurt, but WTF )

Zachary Bowman sucks too.

Cool Hand

Liked Posts:
A better debate is which unit or group has disappointed the most. Offensive line, defensive secondary, or the punt and field goal units.

Unfortunately, I don't think there is a wrong answer.

cubsneedmiracle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
A better debate is which unit or group has disappointed the most. Offensive line, defensive secondary, or the punt and field goal units.

Was gonna just say the line.. but yeah..

Its not looking great overall.

payton 34ever

Liked Posts:

Sadly, you're right. This is the least optimistic I've been about a season in a while. I'm afraid this is Lovie's last year and we're 8-8 or so at best with the rough schedule we have. I'm usually a really "glass half full" person, but I just haven't seen that little glimmer of hope I was hoping for in the preseason. Would it kill the offense to put together one kick-ass drive where they look really good? As for the "D" - I just can't stand to watch this vanilla scheme where we just sit back and watch the other team nickel and dime us to death all the way down the field and pray for a turnover. Wears them down and gives our "O" fewer chances overall to score. Hopefully they surprise me, but I have a bad feeling about this one. Oh well - at least Lovie will be gone if they perform like I think they might. I almost can't stand the sight of him on the sidelines anymore after last year.:kick:

RandallPinkFloyd42

Liked Posts:
The O line, mostly Williams. He looked good against Jared Allen. The whole unit was supposed to be improved this season. I guess we'll see Week 1.

BearMan2010

Liked Posts:
Yes we have problems all over the field, but if th O-Line doesn't improve, our season is over before it even gets started.

JJ-28

Liked Posts:
Lovie for being to damn dumb to not even know what is needed to fix this team or that there is a problem in the first place and mke it a contender and save is job.

One thing I find very funny is nobody wants Lovie to be the Bears Head Coach next year, but also true Bears fans are hoping for a great winning season.

Last edited:

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Lovie for being to damn dumb to not even know what is needed to fix this team or that there is a problem in the first place and mke it a contender and save is job.

One thing I find very funny is nobody wants Lovie to be the Bears Head Coach next year, but also true Bears fans are hoping for a great winning season.

Well as fans you always hope for the best. Realistically I think this idiot (Lovie) will keep us from reaching the playoffs though like he did in 2008.

Status
Not open for further replies.