Who should the Bears cut and Why?

fridges fatboys

Liked Posts:
1) Lucas Patrick - has been awful the couple of games he played and always hurt taking up a roster spot
2) Rasheem Green - Guy has played awful in games. Never sets the edge and no rush on the QB
3) Ebner - never showed me or anyone anything
4) Nathan Peterman - There will be better available
5) Dominique Robinson - May have won the underwear olympics at the combine but pretty non existent - Keep Travis Gipson

Nelly

Liked Posts:
1) Lucas Patrick - has been awful the couple of games he played and always hurt taking up a roster spot
2) Rasheem Green - Guy has played awful in games. Never sets the edge and no rush on the QB
5) Dominique Robinson - May have won the underwear olympics at the combine but pretty non existent - Keep Travis Gipson
You don't cut one of your only experienced linemen when you're suffering injuries on the interior. Patrick and Carter will be the backups in the middle with Borom at swing tackle.

I haven't seen anything from Green, agreed. Ebner can go. Peterman would be a solid practice squad guy. Robinson is a project, they're not cutting him. Gipson has been told he can seek a trade so the writing is on the wall.

Eiselen could be given his farewell ticket for good. I also don't need to see anything more from Kindle Vildor or Bravion Roy, nor any of the non top 3 tight ends.

Last edited:

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
You don't cut one of your only experienced linemen when you're suffering injuries on the interior. Patrick and Carter will be the backups in the middle with Borom at swing tackle.

I haven't seen anything from Green, agreed. Ebner can go. Peterman would be a solid practice squad guy. Robinson is a project, they're not cutting him. Gipson has been told he can seek a trade so the writing is on the wall.

Eiselen could be given his farewell ticket for good. I also don't need to see anything more from Kindle Vildor or Bravion Roy, nor any of the non top 3 tight ends.
Don’t question this guy! He’s 56 years old and in better shape than anyone on the entire Bears roster!!!

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

agreed but Eiselen may stick since we're out of Centers... again.

What I do like about some of the early cuts is that salary doesn't seem to be a hindrance to decisions. Not every decision will be correct but fit and merit seem more important to this regime than do salary and appearances.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
This reminds me of David Lettermen's top 10 lists.

fridges fatboys

Liked Posts:
Lol @ cutting Patrick. The only way that happens is if other teams go heavy on the surprise oline cuts. Otherwise, that's never going to happen.

Seriously Patrick is always hurt and when he go onto the field he was horrible. Do you even watch the games?

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Seriously Patrick is always hurt and when he go onto the field he was horrible. Do you even watch the games?
How many offensive linemen are currently healthy? If you have a ton of depth, you can cut Lucas Patrick. The Bears do not have a ton of depth AND a lot of their offensive linemen are hurt. I just don't see a scenario with the current state of the Bears where Lucas Patrick gets cut.

We know he sucks as a guard, but he might be their 2nd best option at Center. I don't know if he sucks at Center or not. We didn't see him enough there. I think it was under 10 snaps last season at Center.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Unless they pick up a lot on the waiver wire, Patrick probably won't be cut.
Green would be cut if they decide to keep both Gipson and Lewis.
Ebner is the 5th RB...probably going to get cut
Due to the new rules the Bears can dress 3 QBs. Peterman will probably still have a job.
Robinson is on same boat as Green. I doubt they cut both Green and Robinson. Maybe one or other if they keep both Lewis and Gipson.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Due to the new rules the Bears can dress 3 QBs. Peterman will probably still have a job.
Robinson is on same boat as Green. I doubt they cut both Green and Robinson. Maybe one or other if they keep both Lewis and Gipson.
There’s no way Peterman is making the 53 man roster. The third QB has to be on the 53 to qualify under the new rule.

mecha

Liked Posts:
everyone. because they are not winners.

derp

Heidenlarm

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hello Googlemodo what's the new QB rule? I've heard of it, but haven't consulted you. Asking for the benefit of everyone in this thread.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
that one should be a no brainer, but watch them trade Gipson for peanuts

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
There’s no way Peterman is making the 53 man roster. The third QB has to be on the 53 to qualify under the new rule.
It depends if the Bears roll with 3 QBs or not. Its a new rule, but there is no requirement.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hello Googlemodo what's the new QB rule? I've heard of it, but haven't consulted you. Asking for the benefit of everyone in this thread.
Dress 3 QBs. Must all be part of the 53 man roster, but doesn't count against the 46 suited up every game day.