Who would you rather play?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeenyus

Liked Posts:
Well, the Divisional Round is coming up, and the Seahawks or Bears will either host the NFC Championship or go to Atlanta, dependant on the winner between Green Bay and Atlanta.

My question is, no matter who wins between the Seahawks and Bears, who would you rather face in the NFC Championship game? Would you rather have the Packers come to your stadium, or would you rather go down to Atlanta and face a Falcons team that almost never loses at home?

HeavyD

Liked Posts:
There is no spoon...

You can make great arguments for either side.

If we face Atlanta our defense can really show its speed on the turf, they rely heavily on the run and we stuff the run, Matty Ice doesn't turn the ball over, but isn't very flashy. Aside from Roddy White they don't have anyone on that offense that scares me.

We get the Packers on our home turf in a game that is nearly 80 years or so in the making, we might create our own earthquake December 23rd. We have faced the packer 2 times and we make adjustments better then anyone. Aaron Rodgers is a damn good QB so even if we stop the run like we always do they can become 1 dimensional if we play our bland cover 2 and don't get pressure.

ummmmm, I don't know! I really would like to see history and face the Packer in the playoffs but I love to see the packers lose and I am more then happy with Atlanta doing that job for us.

Jysen

I Want To Believe...
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wont matter.. Im more curious as to who we face in the Super Bowl :smug2:

TopekaRoy

The Wizard of OZ
Donator
Liked Posts:
For all the Chicago fans who would be lucky enough to get tickets to the game, it would be great to see them eliminate the Packers and play for the NFC Championship in front of a home crowd at Soldier Field.

In spite of their impressive home record, I think the Bears match up well against the Falcons and would probably have a better chance to beat them than the Packers, but I still think the Bears would have a very good chance of beating the Packers, as well.

Of course, I'll be happy to see Green Bay eliminated, whether it be at the hands of the Falcons or the Bears. Still, nothing would be more exciting than a Bears-Packers match-up for the NFC Championship!

I see it as a win-win either way, but I think I'll be rooting for Atlanta this weekend.

First things first though. We gotta get past the Seahawks. Go Bears!

Cover3

wat
Liked Posts:
that's like standing in a pool of piss, and have a bucket of feces thrown at you, do you buckle on and take the shit? or do you duck under the yellow sea?

I say we take whatever happens, if anything I might prefer to face the pack because at least we won't need to worry about the run, too much.

Relapse

Leddy > Cullimore
Liked Posts:
There is no discussion... the Packers facing the Bears in the NFC Title game at Soldier Field would probably draw the largest viewing audience of any NFL football game in history (not counting Superbowls).

The game would be fucking epic... I would give my left nut to see that happen.

I even think we match up better against Atlanta and I think the Packers are the harder team to beat. I still want Green Bay.

We would have bragging writes for fucking decades if we beat Green Bay in two weeks at home.... it would very nearly make up for the 20 year Brett Favre has shit all over us, REDEMPTION!

Dr. KickurButkus

Liked Posts:
There is no discussion... the Packers facing the Bears in the NFC Title game at Soldier Field would probably draw the largest viewing audience of any NFL football game in history (not counting Superbowls).

The game would be fucking epic... I would give my left nut to see that happen.

I even think we match up better against Atlanta and I think the Packers are the harder team to beat. I still want Green Bay.

We would have bragging writes for fucking decades if we beat Green Bay in two weeks at home.... it would very nearly make up for the 20 year Brett Favre has shit all over us, REDEMPTION!

I don't want any part of Green Bay and I hope they lose to Atlanta! Bears are faster indoors and it plays to their strength. I think the Bears could beat the Packers at home, but for the same reason that we could have bragging rights for decades it would be absolute sh$t if the Bears lost that game. We would never hear the end of it from packers fans. It would be an epic game, but I'd rather take the chance and play Atlanta.

Jeenyus

Liked Posts:
I didn't mean for this to be a "Who would the Bears rather play", because as stated, you have to take it one week at a time and I'm not big on jinxing the future by already looking ahead to the Championship round.

HOWEVER..

For the Bears - I don't really believe either matchup for the Bears is better than the other. On one hand, the Packers at Soldier Field offers not only a historical matchup, but a third meeting this season against a team in your Division. The advantage of knowing the ins and outs of a team and how they play would keep things very close and make for a very interesting, close game. BUT, that same advantage can also be given to the Packers.

Against the Falcons, the on field matchups on Defense work in the Bears favor, but just as they are faster on turf, the Falcons pass rush is also improved. The Falcons are very good at getting pressure with just their front 4. There is also the problem the Roddy White brings up against our secondary. Do you decide to have Peanut or Harris play man coverage, or do you continue to force him underneath and hope the slants don't expose the Bears.

In either matchup, I could honestly the Bears being considered an underdog, or at best a (-1) favorite at home against Green Bay. And for those that pay attention, that just means the "experts" believe Green Bay will win, but Chicago will be favored because of your typical (+3) given for home field.

thedude33

Liked Posts:
You guys can say you're not looking ahead, but you are. This thread is a goocher!

Jeenyus

Liked Posts:
Obviously everyone is going to have thoughts towards the future, but this thread would be pointless AFTER we find out who wins on Saturday :)

And growing up as a baseball player, I believe in superstitions, and I will never sit here and put it down in writing that I consider the Seahawks to be an easy win. That's like stepping on a crack, under a ladder, with a broken mirror in your pocket, all while a herd of black cats play hopscotch across your path.

Everyday I'm Byfuglien

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm not superstitious. Seattle blows.

Bears/GB would be fun, though the media shooting jizz all over itself in the week leading up to the game would probably be too much.

I'll say Atlanta just so everyone can knock off all the PACKERS ARE INCREDIBLE talk. They're not.

corkylatour

Liked Posts:
You guys can say you're not looking ahead, but you are. This thread is a goocher!

"IF" the Bears continue on all we can hope for is that the Green Bay and Atlanta game is aggressive game. I'm hoping Clay Mathews really gets mean and ugly and exerts himself into total exhaustion and Matt Ryan kisses the turf more than anytime this year...So..if Green Bay comes to us they are beat up and tired and same if we go to Atlanta...lol..I can dream can't I

Jeenyus

Liked Posts:
So.. perhaps Abraham can give Rodgers his 3rd concussion in a loss?

TopekaRoy

The Wizard of OZ
Donator
Liked Posts:
Obviously everyone is going to have thoughts towards the future, but this thread would be pointless AFTER we find out who wins on Saturday :)

And growing up as a baseball player, I believe in superstitions, and I will never sit here and put it down in writing that I consider the Seahawks to be an easy win. That's like stepping on a crack, under a ladder, with a broken mirror in your pocket, all while a herd of black cats play hopscotch across your path.

That's a good one! Whoever heard of a cat playing hopscotch? :lol:

... Wait a minute ...

funny-pictures-your-cat-does-not-play-hopscotch.jpg

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd much rather play the Packers in Chicago than the Falcons in ATL. Plus, it would be the most epic non-superbowl game of all-time. But yeah... first we need to beat the Seahawks.

I'll be rooting even harder for the NYJ to beat NE than for GB to beat ATL.

Sunbiz1

Liked Posts:
There is no spoon...

You can make great arguments for either side.

If we face Atlanta our defense can really show its speed on the turf, they rely heavily on the run and we stuff the run, Matty Ice doesn't turn the ball over, but isn't very flashy. Aside from Roddy White they don't have anyone on that offense that scares me.

We get the Packers on our home turf in a game that is nearly 80 years or so in the making, we might create our own earthquake December 23rd. We have faced the packer 2 times and we make adjustments better then anyone. Aaron Rodgers is a damn good QB so even if we stop the run like we always do they can become 1 dimensional if we play our bland cover 2 and don't get pressure.

ummmmm, I don't know! I really would like to see history and face the Packer in the playoffs but I love to see the packers lose and I am more then happy with Atlanta doing that job for us.

:clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.