Votes: 24 31.2%
  • No

Votes: 28 36.4%
  • Wait and see

Votes: 25 32.5%

• Total voters

tcmtrinity

Liked Posts:
Mitch still isn't a good qb. The team has no chance of a super bowl with him. If built appropriately and schemed right the team can be a playoff team with him obviously, but against legitimate defenses he will always get railed. Hes not smart. Makes stupid plays and still can't read a defense. With that I am fine if they want to bring him back for a year or two until they can find a real solution.
Hot take dare.

msadows

Liked Posts:
tenor.gif

I'm just going off wonderlic scores. My assumption is most first round picks aren't exactly geniuses since they were only handed a college scholarship due to their play on the field.

mecha

Liked Posts:
Bears beating bad teams is actually like a huge revelation.

I've seen the Bears get BTFO by bad teams, and that's just within the last 15 years.

there were people saying the Jaguars would be a trap game. the lol

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Meh he's slightly below average. He always has a couple of WTF throws a game. If he plays well against the Pack I'll jump on that train.
Meh, every QB does that. We just watched Russell and Goff stink it up for 4 quarters and they are considered franchise guys. Mitch is never going to come out and carve up a defense. It's all about realistic expectations. Same with Tannehill, he's a good QB, but benefits from Henry and a good OL. Mitch is benefiting from the emergence of beef back Monty and a decent OL. Throw in a couple good T draft picks and another WR and the Bears are there.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Meh he's slightly below average. He always has a couple of WTF throws a game. If he plays well against the Pack I'll jump on that train.

If he plays like this for the full season he'd basically be what he was in 2018. That isn't a terrible QB to have until you find the next guy, however, still not the answer.

NorcalBear

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
4 years in and Mitch still isnt accurate. That's too long to not have figured out how to throw the football well. Im off the train forever. I'll always hope he can sustain a career... but not as the Bears starter. At this point I'd rather take a swing at Carr, Darnold, Minshew, and even Alex Smith for 2 years while we groom someone.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
4 years in and Mitch still isnt accurate. That's too long to not have figured out how to throw the football well. Im off the train forever. I'll always hope he can sustain a career... but not as the Bears starter. At this point I'd rather take a swing at Carr, Darnold, Minshew, and even Alex Smith for 2 years while we groom someone.
All of the guys you just listed would be the exact same, if not worse, than Mitch. So congrats on the worst post of the year

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
Meh, every QB does that. We just watched Russell and Goff stink it up for 4 quarters and they are considered franchise guys. Mitch is never going to come out and carve up a defense. It's all about realistic expectations. Same with Tannehill, he's a good QB, but benefits from Henry and a good OL. Mitch is benefiting from the emergence of beef back Monty and a decent OL. Throw in a couple good T draft picks and another WR and the Bears are there.
Wilson was playing one of the top defenses in football and still put up 20. Goff isn't considered a franchise guy by anybody with a clue.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
No deep ball, and still committing laughable turnovers instead of running the ball.

If Trubisky would just run the damn ball instead of doing stupid shit, he'd be serviceable. But holy shit, that INT in the end zone was sooooo bad. And that is pretty much why we need a new QB. Lol.

Last edited:

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Im wait and see. The whole offense has improved due to O line play starting with Musti and a new play caller. But if he can beat the Pack and do well in the playoffs Im down to sign him.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Im wait and see. The whole offense has improved due to O line play starting with Musti and a new play caller. But if he can beat the Pack and do well in the playoffs Im down to sign him.
Fair enough. And makes sense. I'm just jumping in head first.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fair enough. And makes sense. I'm just jumping in head first.
Ill tell you as a Bears fan and I would love to see Mitch turn it around. That SHOULD be what every Bears fan wants.

ChiKhan

QB1
Liked Posts:
Tannehill can also make all the throws and can throw it deep Mitch can't. He also had a couple of 4000+ yard seasons with a bad dolphins team before he got to the Titans and also is better athlete then Mitch. 2018 Mitch also isn't good enough with the way the defense is playing.

I'm just worried that Nagy will go back to full Special person and try to thow the ball way too much instead of stick with what got him here and give Monty his carries. I know Lazor is calling plays but Nagy still heavily influences what he does.