Mitch Trubisky Fan
Liked Posts:
Bears Packers game got flexed to 3:25 so I can watch all of it

They did it just for me, they knew I was working early in the morning

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't think Trubs is a great QB and I don't think he outduels Rodgers in a shootout next week....yet, I have more faith in him than I do the defense. If the defense could go back to actually playing elite football, I think the Bears offense could put up at least 23 points to beat the Packers.

LiverpoolBearsFAn

Liked Posts:
Mitch is playing at a very similar level to 2018 statistically (albeit with a softer schedule). This is good Mitch but is it good enough?

I’m glad he is playing better, it’s great to have some playoff interest, and it might be worth trying to keep him but I’m still taking a QB high if the right guy comes up. I still don’t think his ceiling is high enough to settle with him long term myself, he hasn’t shown me enough to say I’m trusting him with our future.

Also isn’t there a good chance this is taken out of our hands and another team takes a chance on Mitch’s recent form? He might feel he’d prefer a fresh start, some trust could be gone with Nagy after his benching and let’s face it, it’s hard to be a top tier QB in Chicago! If I was him and a good situation came up then I might look to move on...

MarkBear

?⬇️
Liked Posts:
Damn is Mitch a Jay Cutler 2.0 w/o the arm??

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I was slowly climbing back onto the Trubisky train, but this particular game brought me back to reality.
Still our best shot. I doubt he ever becomes intuitive on coverages or is accurate when he lines it up before he throws but he's more good than bad right now. It's like you know that when he spots his deep guy breaking out and then takes the time to measure the throw and double check for a safety, it's 3 yards too deep. Dude's head is still an issue because you know that if he just let it go it would likely be fine. Still not seeing the field beyond the DB on his target. How do you throw those 2 zed zone, end zone picks 2 weeks in a row?

You know he's getting tagged if this staff is back and that's almost assured now. We're going to have over $30m cap invested in the position next year for Mitch and Foles. Could be worse. Mitch's plus and minuses currently have him positioned as a mid level NFL starting QB. He'll always be frustrating because it's so easy to see the physical talent. The Bear better add a prospect in the 2nd day of the draft and keep it up until they can find someone special.

I gave up my sleeping car and moved to the back of this train a few games into year 3. I'm now back up to the dining car but somehow find that the meals still leave a odd unfulfilling taste. I've never got off the train because it's been the best ride available but it's a costly ticket for a steam engine with a bumpy ride.

Last edited:

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Speaking of dropped balls. Why is he always dropping the ball when getting hit leaving the pocket. Tuck it up.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
How do you throw those 2 zed zone, end zone picks 2 weeks in a row?

My take is it shows the coaches are running an overall scheme that is set up for him to do his best work at QB and letting him play and not think too much. It explains why he is repeating mistakes as they are not harping on him about it.

One thing I also like is it speaks to him believing he can put this team up more by making (forcing) plays.

These were TERRIBLE INTs no question and inexcusable - don't get me wrong - and he needs to add "throw it away" in his arsenal, but the only thing I am upset about is how LONG it took the coaches to do THIS with Mitch.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Still our best shot. I doubt he ever becomes intuitive on coverages or is accurate when he lines it up before he throws but he's more good than bad right now. It's like you know that when he spots his deep guy breaking out and then takes the time to measure the throw and double check for a safety, it's 3 yards too deep. Dude's head is still an issue because you know that if he just let it go it would likely be fine. Still not seeing the field beyond the DB on his target. How do you throw those 2 zed zone, end zone picks 2 weeks in a row?

You know he's getting tagged if this staff is back and that's almost assured now. We're going to have over $30m cap invested in the position next year for Mitch and Foles. Could be worse. Mitch's plus and minuses currently have him positioned as a mid level NFL starting QB. He'll always be frustrating because it's so easy to see the physical talent. The Bear better add a prospect in the 2nd day of the draft and keep it up until they can find someone special.

I gave up my sleeping car and moved to the back of this train a few games into year 3. I'm now back up to the dining car but somehow find that the meals still leave a odd unfulfilling taste. I've never got off the train because it's been the best ride available but it's a costly ticket for a steam engine with a bumpy ride.

He was just so off in this game without even factoring in level of competition. I wouldn’t be surprised if the fact that the Bears were now playing for an actual playoff spot got into his head. Everything is mental with him.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
He was just so off in this game. I wouldn’t be surprised if the fact that the Bears were now playing for an actual playoff spot got into his head. Everything is mental with him.

He will always be inaccurate (more so than normal for those seeking to defend) but if he hits only a couple then his deep ball could be enough of a threat for most defenses to be on their heels a bit.

BUT (number one) GB defense has NO respect for him and will not easily give up these chunk plays. Coaches will keep this offense running in the same way it has been and need to keep him relaxed and working what is there.

BUT (number 2) they better be committed to the run. If GB stacks the box and tries to take Montgomery away and beg Mitch to beat them with his arm, the coaches need to refuse to fall into 40 + attempts for Mitch with only 10 carries for Montgomery. GB would be OVERJOYED to get the Bears offense to do that.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
I don't think Trubs is a great QB and I don't think he outduels Rodgers in a shootout next week....yet, I have more faith in him than I do the defense. If the defense could go back to actually playing elite football, I think the Bears offense could put up at least 23 points to beat the Packers.
It's funny but if the defense played like they did the first 8 weeks of the season I'd actually favor the Bears going into this one with how the offense has played. However, I have no faith in the defense to hold them even under 30, let alone in 17-23.

I envision Aaron Rodgers standing back there with all day and hitting Adams who's given an 8 yard cushion and runs for 10+ yac everytime. Just like in the first game. I have a glimmer of hope that they'll maybe be able to tighten up in the RZ and hold them to 3 rather than 7, but they won't stop them from scoring or moving the ball.

Then we're looking at Mitch and the O getting in a hole early, and needing to predictably throw the football. Mitch feels the pressure and makes bad decisions with the ball. Just like the first time. IF the defense gives up FGs rather than TDs, then I believe that the O will be able to play their style, but I don't know how successful they'll be against this Packers' defense.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
well the logic is this offense has actually improved and if this was the offense we had this entire season, the bears would not be hovering .500. Bears will also be avoiding a 1st place schedule next season and again if this offense comes back next season, Mitch included, the Bears could probably improve on their record. with a real DC that could be a play off run.

The premise was the Bears losing to the Pack and bringing 4M back. If that is the case the O hasnt improved as 4M has always been capable of torching bad defenses. So for your logic to be correct they need to prove it by beating the Pack. And I already said if they beat the Pack and win a playoff game then 4M stays because in that instance that would be real proof of improvement by actually beating good teams on the back of a good O.

So far 4M has played one playoff team and lost ie the first Pack game. He looked like crap until the game was out of reach and the Pack were playing prevent.

Last edited:

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
i mean i guess? that doesn’t solve the issue of replacing him with somebody better though.

That is what the draft is for.

No doubt we will have to have a down year. I would rather start during the 2021 off-season than 2023 or 2024.

Depends on the rookie. Herbert was 3rd QB taken and is breaking rookie records. Tua is 7-2 as a starter albeit driven by defense. Draft the right rookie QB and this team can still compete.

It's funny but if the defense played like they did the first 8 weeks of the season I'd actually favor the Bears going into this one with how the offense has played. However, I have no faith in the defense to hold them even under 30, let alone in 17-23.

I envision Aaron Rodgers standing back there with all day and hitting Adams who's given an 8 yard cushion and runs for 10+ yac everytime. Just like in the first game. I have a glimmer of hope that they'll maybe be able to tighten up in the RZ and hold them to 3 rather than 7, but they won't stop them from scoring or moving the ball.

Then we're looking at Mitch and the O getting in a hole early, and needing to predictably throw the football. Mitch feels the pressure and makes bad decisions with the ball. Just like the first time. IF the defense gives up FGs rather than TDs, then I believe that the O will be able to play their style, but I don't know how successful they'll be against this Packers' defense.

If the new 4M is real then why would thry get in a hole early? Why cant they move the ball and score too? You cant say this is a new 4M but then not even believe in him enough to say he can hang with the Packers. The new 4M is supposed to be able to put up 30-40 points so the D just needs to try and hold the Pack to under 30.

Needing only 23 to beat the Pack proves nothing about whether 4M is the long term answer. He did that back in 2018. If 4M is truly the answer he needs to hang 30-40 points on the Pack. Grinding out a win would obviously be great but not real improvement but rather a return to 2018 4M.

This game for 4M should be a defining moment. This is the same team where Tramon basically started the narrative of Mental Midget Mitch by saying they knew if they made 4M play QB thry would win. If he wants to exorcise all the demons in Chicago, he needs to go out there and punch the bully in the face.

Last edited:

DrGonzo

Dump VJJ
Donator
Liked Posts:
Two end zone picks because of horrible decisions in two weeks. Despite the ultimately lopsided score the one against Houston nearly put them back in the game. This is a qb with poor touch who can't actually make all the throws, and poor decision making - after four years.

Many people including me wanted Cutler signed to a second contract based on raw talent alone (I was wrong - he was uncoachable). But Trubisky doesn't even have that raw talent.

The answer is so obviously no and I don't get anyone who can't see it. What I really don't get is anyone saying wait and see. What else are you going to learn, good or bad, that he hasn't already shown you?

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That is what the draft is for.

Depends on the rookie. Herbert was 3rd QB taken and is breaking rookie records. Tua is 7-2 as a starter albeit driven by defense. Draft the right rookie QB and this team can still compete.

If the new 4M is real then why would thry get in a hole early? Why cant they move the ball and score too? You cant say this is a new 4M but then not even believe in him enough to say he can hang with the Packers. The new 4M is supposed to be able to put up 30-40 points so the D just needs to try and hold the Pack to under 30.

Needing only 23 to beat the Pack proves nothing about whether 4M is the long term answer. He did that back in 2018. If 4M is truly the answer he needs to hang 30-40 points on the Pack. Grinding out a win would obviously be great but not real improvement but rather a return to 2018 4M.

This game for 4M should be a defining moment. This is the same team where Tramon basically started the narrative of Mental Midget Mitch by saying they knew if they made 4M play QB thry would win. If he wants to exorcise all the demons in Chicago, he needs to go out there and punch the bully in the face.

These cute little nicknames i.e. 4M are annoying. Everyone with their own cute name is even more ridiculous.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Two end zone picks because of horrible decisions in two weeks. Despite the ultimately lopsided score the one against Houston nearly put them back in the game. This is a qb with poor touch who can't actually make all the throws, and poor decision making - after four years.

Many people including me wanted Cutler signed to a second contract based on raw talent alone (I was wrong - he was uncoachable). But Trubisky doesn't even have that raw talent.

The answer is so obviously no and I don't get anyone who can't see it. What I really don't get is anyone saying wait and see. What else are you going to learn, good or bad, that he hasn't already shown you?

Trubisky is playing better than Cutler ever did, especially if you despise interceptions.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
This is not a new 4M. This is the same 4M who's simply playing in a system that suits him best.

What I mean by this is that I think 4M still has his trash issues that he'll always have, and that they'll always hold him back. Bad deep ball accuracy, and very shaky when he feels like he needs to make a play (sometimes he feels this when he doesn't have to, which makes it all worse).

Remember how they got in the hole last time they played Green Bay? Opening drive 7 for the Pack, great drive by Mitch and the O to respond, but Cole Kmet and Allen Robinson both drop TD passes down by the goal-line making the Bears take 3. Then GB takes the ball and gets 7 again and boom, you're down 14-3 and in a hole. It's already a 2 possession game. If they get 7 on the first drive it's 14-7 and 4M doesn't feel the need to force throws as he knows he's only down 1 score.

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Today on ESPN..

Brady scoring 47 on the Lions showed no class.

BUT

Rodgers putting up 40 on the Titans was great.