Why are the Pistons better than the Bulls?

TheStig

Liked Posts:
Better is really stretching it. .011 difference in winning margin is pretty much the slimmest possible. I'd call it even. But then again, I thought the Pistons would be better this year anyway.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The Pistons have 1 more win and one more loss. That does not necessarily make them better. For the moment they are playing better, but Kirk, Miller, and Salmons can't play like garbage for the whole season (well maybe Miller can due to age, but I don't expect him to). Rose will start playing better once he's at 100%. Right now he looks about 90%. Though 90% for him should be the equivalent of 110% for some...not much you can do.

Hendu0520

Liked Posts:
Shakes wrote:
I don't know, Frye was a jump shooter coming into the league, and has been in the league for a lot longer than Rose, so I'd say that Frye should be a better shooter than Rose at this point.

Good point on Frye being in the league longer so he probably should be better, but Gentry did make him push it out to the 3 point line or he wouldn't be playing as much.

Really I have a huge problem with Deng because we all know he can make them, why doesn't he want to shoot 3's?

My motto in high school was why shoot a 2 pointer when there's a 3 point shot? LOL. Deng I mean c'mon especially since he's always standing on the line anyway. Even him playing better is not good enough for me. All I remember is us not getting Kevin Garnett and Kobe because of Deng, uuuh makes me sick.

Hendu0520

Liked Posts:
clonetrooper264 wrote:
The Pistons have 1 more win and one more loss. That does not necessarily make them better. For the moment they are playing better, but Kirk, Miller, and Salmons can't play like garbage for the whole season (well maybe Miller can due to age, but I don't expect him to). Rose will start playing better once he's at 100%. Right now he looks about 90%. Though 90% for him should be the equivalent of 110% for some...not much you can do.

I wanna believe you Clonetrooper but we've been saying this for 4 weeks now, that it won't last. And I remember the year after we beat Miami in the playoffs, everyone was picking the Bulls to challenge the top teams in the East and we ended up sucking it up.

That year everyone kept saying we can't play bad all year, and guess what we did, and Skiles was fired.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Hendu0520 wrote:
clonetrooper264 wrote:

I wanna believe you Clonetrooper but we've been saying this for 4 weeks now, that it won't last. And I remember the year after we beat Miami in the playoffs, everyone was picking the Bulls to challenge the top teams in the East and we ended up sucking it up.

That year everyone kept saying we can't play bad all year, and guess what we did, and Skiles was fired.
I absolutely refuse to believe that our players can play this bad for an entire season if they are at least trying to do well. I have no idea what has happened to them that they are playing similar to my high school intramural basketball team and that I am shooting a higher percentage from 3 than both Salmons and Hinrich, but these players are too good to play this crappy. That is my belief, and I will obstinately stick by it until I am unfortunately disproven by an entire season of suckitude and disappointment and Fred laughing in my face about how I've been wrong about Hinrich for all these years.

Hendu0520

Liked Posts:
clonetrooper264 wrote:
Hendu0520 wrote:
clonetrooper264 wrote:

I absolutely refuse to believe that our players can play this bad for an entire season if they are at least trying to do well. I have no idea what has happened to them that they are playing similar to my high school intramural basketball team and that I am shooting a higher percentage from 3 than both Salmons and Hinrich, but these players are too good to play this crappy. That is my belief, and I will obstinately stick by it until I am unfortunately disproven by an entire season of suckitude and disappointment and Fred laughing in my face about how I've been wrong about Hinrich for all these years.

Your right Clonetrooper I'm not gonna give up on them yet either, especially Salmons I think he'll get much better. Also they haven't given up on Vinny like they did Skiles that year, we all knew the players hated Skiles by then. By next week we should all be in a much better mood after a good stretch of wins.

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
Pistons are now up to 10-12, 7th seed in the East.

It has to be the coaching, as they've been getting their most recent wins with just Stuckey, Villanueva, and Wallace.

It'll be scary to see what Keuster can do when he has Gordon, Hamilton, and Prince back.

Maybe the Bulls will take note of what the Pistons are doing, and see how a good coach can maximize the talent he's given, while bad coaches get blown out every game against a good opponent.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
A lot of that is because teams like Washington, Chicago, and even Philadelphia have not lived up to expectations,though they have superior talent...but yes coaching has a lot to do with it too.

pinkizdead

Liked Posts:
pistons have more depth at the guard position. gordon is a starter, so once hamilton went down he was able to to bear the load. will bynum > stucky. The pistons bench at 1 and 2 is arguably better than their starting 1 and 2. Ben wallace is holding fast at center. they're weak at forward, and hamilton ought to be able to help at that position. Once their core starters come back, they won't become contenders.

cool007

Liked Posts:
houheffna wrote:
A lot of that is because teams like Washington, Chicago, and even Philadelphia have not lived up to expectations,though they have superior talent...but yes coaching has a lot to do with it too.

Exactly.

I think Pistons coach (who used to run the offense for Cavs and were really good) is a very smart coach. He is using the players to their STRENGTH, unlike Vinny. Vinny is using more half court offense and not using his talent right. IMO, Salmons SHOULD be moved to SF, Deng SHOULD be moved to PF, and Hinrich should be inserted to play SG. This way we have good enough defense but much better offense. This way we can spread the floor a bit better and STOP running pick and roll with Noah (who doesn't roll or shoot), and run the pick and roll/pop with Deng instead, at times ONLY.

I would put Rose at the top and spread out the floor by Deng and Salmons at opposing corners and Hinrich on the top-side of 3pt line and let Rose go 1-on-1 and if other team gambles, we make them pay by hitting a 3, or Deng slicing or Salmons/Hinrich hitting a 3.

We also will be a much better running team with that lineup.

RC_Skinny22

Sharpshooter
Donator
Liked Posts:
cool007 wrote:
houheffna wrote:

Exactly.

I think Pistons coach (who used to run the offense for Cavs and were really good) is a very smart coach. He is using the players to their STRENGTH, unlike Vinny. Vinny is using more half court offense and not using his talent right. IMO, Salmons SHOULD be moved to SF, Deng SHOULD be moved to PF, and Hinrich should be inserted to play SG. This way we have good enough defense but much better offense. This way we can spread the floor a bit better and STOP running pick and roll with Noah (who doesn't roll or shoot), and run the pick and roll/pop with Deng instead, at times ONLY.

I would put Rose at the top and spread out the floor by Deng and Salmons at opposing corners and Hinrich on the top-side of 3pt line and let Rose go 1-on-1 and if other team gambles, we make them pay by hitting a 3, or Deng slicing or Salmons/Hinrich hitting a 3.

Seems like you thought about the situation more than Vinny did. Your plan sounds very good to me. The only thing I would worry about is Deng. Can he really play PF without getting injured?

So you would start Deng over Gibson at the PF spot. Would you also start him over Tyrus when he´ll come back?

cool007

Liked Posts:
Bullseye wrote:
cool007 wrote:
houheffna wrote:

Exactly.

Seems like you thought about the situation more than Vinny did. Your plan sounds very good to me. The only thing I would worry about is Deng. Can he really play PF without getting injured?

So you would start Deng over Gibson at the PF spot. Would you also start him over Tyrus when he´ll come back?

Well, we have to worry about RIGHT NOW first. Tyrus is still couple of weeks away and we have some very good home games coming up. If we don't win those, we can kiss the playoffs (and 2010 plan) goodbye.

Deng can play PF and definitely better than Gibson atleast. I don't know how can he get injured guarding PFs over SFs??? We will need to up the tempo and force it a bit and even if that means if we give up some points at PF position (it's not like we do any better right now anyways). Atleast we would be better offensively.

Also, keep in mind that those PFs would also have trouble guarding Deng as well. Also, if those PFs have to get out to the perimeter to guard Deng, that would open up lanes for Rose to drive.

IMO, it's a NO BRAINER - only if vinny had some.

jsain360

Liked Posts:
Going w/ a Noah/Deng/Salmons/Kirk/Rose, might be their best line-up right now, this line-up might give them a puncher's chance against Boston.

jsain360

Liked Posts:
The bench is thin no matter the starting line-up, its great to still have the diminishing skills of Kirk Hinrich.

TheStig

Liked Posts:
jsain360 wrote:
Going w/ a Noah/Deng/Salmons/Kirk/Rose, might be their best line-up right now, this line-up might give them a puncher's chance against Boston.

So you expect Deng to guard KG in the post? LOL maybe we can through Kirk the "defensive stopper" at him instead. Deng will get eaten alive.

pinkizdead

Liked Posts:
cool007 wrote:
houheffna wrote:

deng might be able to take his man off the dribble!

Liked Posts:
The Pistons just beat Denver behind Charlie Villanueva's 27 points.

Are you sure the Bulls still could have beat them if Detroit had Villanueva, Hamilton and Prince in the lineup?

Child pleaz!

pinkizdead

Liked Posts:
yes. i believe the bulls have a chance at beating detriot. we're both bad/mediocre teams.