Why brandon marshall says he wanted a trade from the bears

TishLover

Liked Posts:
http://www.csnchicago.com/chicago-bears/why-brandon-marshall-says-he-wanted-trade-bears

But Marshall told King that general manager Ryan Pace was against the wide receiver working on Showtime's "Inside the NFL" during the season.

"When I sat down with (GM) Ryan Pace and coach John Fox, we met, and I asked, 'What do you guys think about this?' It was a big topic, "Marshall said. "And Ryan Pace said, "Well, we can do that in the offseason." So I was like, 'Well, what about half the season?' 'No.' 'What about once or twice?' 'No.' 'What about bye week?' 'No, you can do that in the offseason.

"Right then, I knew I wouldn't be a Bear anymore, because I think that the business of the NFL is growing every single day, and players are being told to stay in a box and just play football, and we're missing out on a lot of opportunities, not only to grow as men and businessman but to experience different things."

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Well, considering it conflicted with his job (playing for the Bears), I see where Pace/Fox are coming from. It was a conflict of interest. They could have offered to let him do it during the bye week so he could "grow" but I see no fault in Pace putting the hammer down and saying no.

SlipScreen

Liked Posts:
yeah god forbid the Bears who are paying MILLIONS of dollars want you to focus on football and not your television opportunities. how horrible of them :obama:

Schmidtaki

Just your everyday fail.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Brandon Marshall is just proving to not be a team player. The exact thing he was trying to preach while he was here.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Brandon Marshall is just proving to not be a team player. The exact thing he was trying to preach while he was here.

Charles Leno just opined in. Said he liked to go bowling on his day off. Definitely not a team player. Cut him.

Wintermute

Liked Posts:
No thanks for the memories. No saying how his talent is missed.

Fuck you Brandon Marshall.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Well, considering it conflicted with his job (playing for the Bears), I see where Pace/Fox are coming from. It was a conflict of interest. They could have offered to let him do it during the bye week so he could "grow" but I see no fault in Pace putting the hammer down and saying no.

Uh huh........ Robbie Gould was just interviewed and said that he likes to play with rubber dolls on his off day. Definitely another cancer. Cut him!

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
yeah god forbid the Bears who are paying MILLIONS of dollars want you to focus on football and not your television opportunities. how horrible of them :obama:

So, what in the hell should Long do on his day off? What does "OFF DAY" mean to these players anyway? Should these guys be locked in a cage and not allowed to do anything that isn't football related? IT was just a stupid decision by Pace/Fox.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
No thanks for the memories. No saying how his talent is missed.

Fuck you Brandon Marshall.

Marshall just called in. He said...."Thank you for your over-all criticism. Your input is important to me. Fuck you very much:)

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
So, what in the hell should Long do on his day off? What does "OFF DAY" mean to these players anyway? Should these guys be locked in a cage and not allowed to do anything that isn't football related? IT was just a stupid decision by Pace/Fox.

Off Day means rest.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Off Day means rest.

Funny. What if some of these guys want to go fishing on their off day? Golf? Maybe a guy enjoys doing a TV show? That is called recreation and no team has the right to dictate what a guy does with his personal time.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
He sure seems to talk an awful lot about the Bears considering he's on another team.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He sure seems to talk an awful lot about the Bears considering he's on another team.

Sure. Because he is a prima donna wide receiver and has a TV show. Wide receivers have the biggest egos in the NFL.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Charles Leno just opined in. Said he liked to go bowling on his day off. Definitely not a team player. Cut him.

Uh huh........ Robbie Gould was just interviewed and said that he likes to play with rubber dolls on his off day. Definitely another cancer. Cut him!

Marshall just called in. He said...."Thank you for your over-all criticism. Your input is important to me. Fuck you very much:)

Funny. What if some of these guys want to go fishing on their off day? Golf? Maybe a guy enjoys doing a TV show? That is called recreation and no team has the right to dictate what a guy does with his personal time.

:hawked:

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

The difference being a player can take a 20 minute car ride to fish as opposed to flying across the country to be on TV. So say BMarsh, plays on Sunday, then catches the red eye to NY to be on the show on Monday. Takes all day to do the show, catches another flight back to Chicago for practice on Tuesday. He's probably not going to be very spry for practice the next day, but you're right, this isn't a conflict of interest. I'm assuming these are the concerns the Bears had.

Edit: I was not a fan of them trading Bmarsh for next to nothing, just trying to point out possibly why the Bears came to the conclusion they did.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The difference being a player can take a 20 minute car ride to fish as opposed to flying across the country to be on TV. So say BMarsh, plays on Sunday, then catches the red eye to NY to be on the show on Monday. Takes all day to do the show, catches another flight back to Chicago for practice on Tuesday. He's probably not going to be very spry for practice the next day, but you're right, this isn't a conflict of interest. I'm assuming these are the concerns the Bears had.

Edit: I was not a fan of them trading Bmarsh for next to nothing, just trying to point out possibly why the Bears came to the conclusion they did.

Good post. I doubt that a TV show and an airplane ride would affect a prime athlete like that from being "spry" though, right:)

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Good post. I doubt that a TV show and an airplane ride would affect a prime athlete like that from being "spry" though, right:)

Right, jet lag doesn't impact super star athletes like the rest of us peons.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Right, jet lag doesn't impact super star athletes like the rest of us peons.

Jet lag? Really reaching for that one. You and I have no idea about what his flight schedule from Chi to NY and back entails. Perhaps he may travel direct to NY for his show? Jet lag? Come-on. He should be able to do a sedentary activity like this with no bitch by the Bears. IF I were Pace/Fox, I'd be more worried about guys getting fucked up on their off day doing something stupid. Not this.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Jet lag? Really reaching for that one. You and I have no idea about what his flight schedule from Chi to NY and back entails. Perhaps he may travel direct to NY for his show? Jet lag? Come-on. He should be able to do a sedentary activity like this with no bitch by the Bears. IF I were Pace/Fox, I'd be more worried about guys getting fucked up on their off day doing something stupid. Not this.

It all circles back to being a conflict of interest with his current (past) job, which is playing football for the Chicago Bears. Not doing TV. That's where the rub was with Pace and Fox. Not a difficult concept to grasp whether you agree with it or not.