Why do we care so much?

netguy

Liked Posts:
I am lying here in a hospital bed watching the Bears throw away a very winnable game and getting pissed. I asked 3 female nurses if they were going to watch the game and none of them knew that the Bears were in the playoffs, one did not even know what the playoffs are.

Why do we care so much? For most of us our lives will not charge a bit win or lose. Are we missing something in our lives? Do we need to rub a victory in other people's faces? Are we living vicariously through the Bears? Why do we torture ourselves?

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
Why are you in the hospital? Get better!

And to answer your question idk, I still have a level of emotional attachment, though not as much as I used to. I don't think I'll ever lose it completely.

RubberBanMan

I’m just a fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
If it bothers you that much then focus on other things. I’ve become numb to football years ago. I laugh at this shit now. I remember crying in 2005 at halftime in my bedroom in highschool watching the iowa hawkeyes get torched at Arizona state. “That was iowa’s year!”

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
I am lying here in a hospital bed watching the Bears throw away a very winnable game and getting pissed. I asked 3 female nurses if they were going to watch the game and none of them knew that the Bears were in the playoffs, one did not even know what the playoffs are.

Why do we care so much? For most of us our lives will not charge a bit win or lose. Are we missing something in our lives? Do we need to rub a victory in other people's faces? Are we living vicariously through the Bears? Why do we torture ourselves?
You suck.

Monster

Liked Posts:
From Rockford and loved the Bears since Payton in the 70s...
It’s like a habit at this point...
My expectations have become so low over the decades that watching them lose is just an old habit as well...

Will hold out in the hope they one day surprise me.

Until then will just Bear down... and wait for April.

Go Bears...

oh... and get well soon.

netguy

Liked Posts:
If it bothers you that much then focus on other things. I’ve become numb to football years ago. I laugh at this shit now. I remember crying in 2005 at halftime in my bedroom in highschool watching the iowa hawkeyes get torched at Arizona state. “That was iowa’s year!”
I thought I was numb to football also, but apparently throwing away a win gets to me;)

pablovi

Liked Posts:

It’s a pathology. I won’t let my daughter watch games with me. Don’t want her root for q team just because I do. It’s a life of misery.

Bust

Liked Posts:
It's going to be a brutal year for Chicago sports

Bears, Cubs, Bulls and Hawks are all in rebuild mode

White Sox should be good but no one cares about them.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's going to be a brutal year for Chicago sports

Bears, Cubs, Bulls and Hawks are all in rebuild mode

White Sox should be good but no one cares about them.

Kind of works out.

While I think you have a much better chance at fans returning to Pro Sports in 2021...I think you are still going to see some pretty harsh capacity limits for all the Chicago teams, so you are encouraged not to care until about 2023 anyhow.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Don’t drag us into your existential crisis, my man, lol.

Most of us are well aware that our careers, our families, our lives are more important than the Bears.

We watch and root for the Bears (and other Chicago teams) for sports entertainment—nothing less, nothing more.

For many people, it’s a common thread with their families or a time when everyone gathers together. For others, it’s a way to pass the time. Others just really enjoy the act of watching football and other sports.

Bust

Liked Posts:
Kind of works out.

While I think you have a much better chance at fans returning to Pro Sports in 2021...I think you are still going to see some pretty harsh capacity limits for all the Chicago teams, so you are encouraged not to care until about 2023 anyhow.

yep total rebuilds are great and this is perfect time for one. It'll set your team up for a long run down the road

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Don’t take it to heart. The Bears are not worth it.

For real. I would hope anyone who’s been a Bears fan for any extended period of time is beyond feeling legitimately hurt by an outcome. But unfortunately, that’s not the case for some (many?).

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
Being a Bears fan is part of your identity; and the Bears are a loser franchise so in a way that reflects on you. It's silly and irrational, but so is everything about being a sports fan