Why is there no accountability under Nagy?

#FireEveryoneGeorge

Liked Posts:
No accountability with anyone other than Trubisky.

I think Nagy knows that being buddies with the players is the only thing holding this “culture” together. When you know you’re a shitty coach, you’re only hope is to keep the players liking you.
Nagy is a fantastic salesman.

GoBears

Liked Posts:
Because being held accountable for your piss poor performance is only for peons.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
There is a time and a place for everything. And when your third year receiver gets thrown out of the game for throwing a punch, after you spent time lecturing him that he was going to get baited into doing that very thing, then that is the time and the place to chew his ass out NOT whisper sweet nothings into his ear like Nagy did.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
There is a time and a place for everything. And when your third year receiver gets thrown out of the game for throwing a punch, after you spent time lecturing him that he was going to get baited into doing that very thing, then that is the time and the place to chew his ass out NOT whisper sweet nothings into his ear like Nagy did.
They should both be cut today.

msadows

Liked Posts:
They should both be cut today.

Doubtful.

If anything trade miller, he's got a year left and can probably net you something in return.

Wims you might as well cut but I don't see it happening. Either way if you get rid of both and let arob walk(which seems likely) you are left with mooney as your only nfl WR.

Can't see it....

Spankypants

Liked Posts:

Would of been interesting to see his reaction to Miller's idiot punch.
george-halas-kneeling-on-sidelines-bettmann.jpg

msadows

Liked Posts:
Nagy is a fantastic shitty car salesman. You buy enough shitty cars from the guy and you stop going to him. Another team will fall for his bs after he's canned here dho, for sure.

Damn, who would have thought hiring a guy who only sold 6 cars in his life to be your lead salesman wasn't a good idea?

The bears for sure didn't! (A joke as in nagy only called a handful of plays before getting the bears job and making himself the offensive guru).

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
I think there is accountability, just culturally the Bears ownership doesn't want to move on from someone so quickly.

Why is Mitch the scapegoat? Well, he's the person we see not performing on the field. It's right there for the world to see. When evaluating coaches, scouts and GMs they get those jobs more around their 'process', which makes the evaluation harder to do than just putting on the gameday tape.

Whomever the Bears hire unless they really mess up, like Trestman did by losing the locker room, they will have a long leech.

Brownie

Liked Posts:
.. NOT whisper sweet nothings into his ear like Nagy did.

Dude said..

9I4.gif

Brownie

Liked Posts:
Andy Reid thought him that when you fuck up with playcalling always blame someone else.

Nagy has mastered that art.

Draft Doctor Phil (if I recall correctly) mentioned how Nagy has a handful of QB coaches/OC's on staff right now and still cant get it right schematically or developmentally. I feel you as far as this coaching tree always blowing this cloud of haze as far as responsibility.

Nagy was asked directly as recently as a few weeks ago on one of the Zoom pressers: "Who is calling the plays?" And he said "Bill is calling the plays". Again: I would be PISSED if I was Lazor and not getting credit when things go right, but at the same time Nagy passing the blame when things go wrong.

What kind of fuck shit is that and why would anyone want to be Nagy's OC?

thenewguy

Liked Posts:

Miller thought he could punch a player because he saw his teammate do it and not lose his job. If Wims was cut, which he should've been, then the consequences of his actions would've been understood and it's much less likely Miller punches him. Nagy felt it was necessary to bring back a WR with 6 catches instead of showing his team that actions have consequences.

Hogue and Jahns were making the case that Wims still being on the team is what lead to the touchy calls, specifically the Kmet call. The refs were looking for trouble.

The only person Nagy has ever held accountable is Mitch. Not sticking up for Mitches play, but Nagy has never had his back and loves to take little shots at him. That doesn't happen with others.

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
No accountability with anyone other than Trubisky.

I think Nagy knows that being buddies with the players is the only thing holding this “culture” together. When you know you’re a shitty coach, you’re only hope is to keep the players liking you.
Nagy is a fantastic salesman.

Didn't have any accountability with Trubisky either. The offense was built to hide and protect Trubisky.

Who can call plays with a QB who is severely limited the way Mitch is?

All short shit and a few deep shots, meanwhile he can't hit those chunk plays 15-20 yard gains or just doesn't see them developing

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
He's too busy making the most psychotic looking draft room the league has ever seen