Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Here are my observations, please add your takes.

The right side of the Seahawks line is atrocious. Von Miller had 3.5 sacks and was chasing Wilson around all day.
The rest of their o-line isn’t that great either. Mack should have another huge game. Hicks, Floyd and RRH should benefit too.

Wilson’s top playmakers from last year are gone. Graham was a huge red zone weapon for him and Doug Baldwin while not elite is a damn good NFL receiver. Graham is a Packer and Baldwin is injured.

The Bears have two inside linebackers in Trevathan and Smith that have the speed and agility to shadow Wilson. That’s important because he’s not only athletic but he is crafty about how and when he runs. Without LBs that can run, he can quickly frustrate a defense with his legs. These guys can help minimize that part of his game.

Chris Carson is just a guy and they are just starting to break in Penny. The Bears should be able to control their rushing attack.

Lockett and Brandon Marshall are the starting WRs. Lockett is a great athlete but an inconsistent WR. Marshall at 34 still has a little juice but is mostly a red zone threat. Nick Vannett is still developing and isn’t a major threat.

The Seahawk D is a shadow of what they were. They are missing great players at every level. Even before the purge of talent, they were starting to crack last year and at times were embarrassed. Take a look at what Gurley did to them late last year. It was embarrassing.

The Bears should be able to run the ball and catch passes out of the backfield at will. Freeman and Lindsay exploited the Seahawks last week and I believe Howard and Cohen are both better players.

Mitch is going to play better this week. He’ll be at home against an opponent that is inferior to the Packers in every way. Sanders, Thomas and Sutton shredded the Seahawks and I expect Robinson, Gabriel, Miller and Burton to do the same.

The Seahawks had three picks last week on Case Keenum and still could not get the win.

The Seahawks are traveling east and are playing their second game in a row on the road.

cubby chubby

Liked Posts:
This should be a much more “manageable” game for the Bears to get their defense much better in synch for the full 60 minutes. Even with Seattle’s not so great O line, Wilson is still slippery, but with the quickness of the Bears defense he should be contained. Hopefully Nage will also get Howard and Cohen a ton of touches. If so, Bears should have a great chance of winning.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I think the bears find a way to pull this one off for many of the reasons stated in the OP.

I think the big X factor of the game is going to be Marshall. I can't shake this feeling that he might just go all out and essentially singlehandedly beat the bears.

Should be an interesting tilt.

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
I think the bears find a way to pull this one off for many of the reasons stated in the OP.

I think the big X factor of the game is going to be Marshall. I can't shake this feeling that he might just go all out and essentially singlehandedly beat the bears single handedly.

Robbie Gould 2.0

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs

I think the big X factor of the game is going to be Marshall. I can't shake this feeling that he might just go all out and essentially singlehandedly beat the bears single handedly.

That’s an excellent point. We have to hope that Fuller bounces back from that drop and shuts him down. I’m sure Marshall regularly used to abuse him in practice. Fuller has to flush that out of his mind and attack him like the 34 year old player he is now.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Bears biggest enemy last week was fatigue. Put the ball in Howard and Cohens hands, dominate the trenches. When Earl Thomas creeps up, release the hounds with some PA.

Our defense definitely wore down last week, due to a few factors.

1) Neither Mack or Smith were in game shape. Don't expect them to be 100% this week, but still much better than last. Of course, Nagy/Fangio need to use them more.

2) The Packers hurry up offense took its toll late in the game. I was surprised they didnt use it more early on, given they knew our D players conditioning level. Not sure if Seattle can/will learn from that, but I don't think Wilson can run a hurry up like Rogers can...no one really can.

3) Far too many short drives by our offense in the 2nd half. Need to give our aggressive D a good breather once in awhile. It isnt always about scoring points (although it helps). Basically, we need MUCH better playcalling and game management by Nagy.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
It will also help if Trubisky isn't like this presnap. Give him some Beta blockers Nagy...

EarnestGloomyHornbill-small.gif

Rgeibl.gif

pepethebear

Liked Posts:
3 things need to happen.

The bears need to lean on cohen and Howard. They need roquan smith to play alot more and get kwiats slow ass off the field. And they need mack to not disappear in the 2nd half.

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
Bears biggest enemy last week was fatigue. Put the ball in Howard and Cohens hands, dominate the trenches. When Earl Thomas creeps up, release the hounds with some PA.

I agree. Like they just said on The Score earlier, this is a game you use the John Fox offense. Seattle gave up nearly 150 yards on the ground, run the damn ball. Howard is key here. And when their D is tired, then unleash the Mitch.

I know winning a game the boring way will just give more ammo to the Mitch haters here, but color me crazy, I just wanna see them win games, not see Mitch throw a billions TDS a game. I care more about the team succeeding then Mitch matching up with other rookie QBS. Actually supporting the Bears to get wins....weird, I know!!!

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Robbie Gould 2.0

So Brandon Marshall will watch his team march down the field and stall in the red zone and then come out and kick a chip shot FG? Damn, I should have drafted a kicker. I need a good one.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
I agree. Like they just said on The Score earlier, this is a game you use the John Fox offense. Seattle gave up nearly 150 yards on the ground, run the damn ball. Howard is key here. And when their D is tired, then unleash the Mitch.

I know winning a game the boring way will just give more ammo to the Mitch haters here, but color me crazy, I just wanna see them win games, not see Mitch throw a billions TDS a game. I care more about the team succeeding then Mitch matching up with other rookie QBS. Actually supporting the Bears to get wins....weird, I know!!!

That would go a long way in showing Nagy to be worth his salt as a HC, imo. The best don't just run their scheme and hope it and the players ate better than the opponent. The best (Bellycheat) adapts and develops a game plan for each opponent, meant to take advantage of the opposition's weaknesses.

Now, I'm not expecting Nagy to be Bellycheat, nor do i expect Mitch to be Bradyesque. But they cant just keeprunning the same stuff no matter the situation. When you have a QB like Rogers hobbled....GO IN FOR THE KILL!

Unannounced Fart

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Southern California Trojans
The only thing that scares me in this matchup is Earl Thomas. The guy still is all over the field and I can see him picking on Mitch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vash31

Liked Posts:
This game should be an easy win with the Seahawks missing a few starters. The only two players to worry about are Thomas and Wilson. With the Seahawks terrible offensive line and receivers we should be able to get after Wilson and shut down their offense. Offensively as long we run the ball down their throat and know where Thomas is on the field we should be ok.

Sent from my LM-V350 using Tapatalk

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
This will be a blowout, thank the Gods. Bandwagon Seacucks fans will emo for hours

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
This is Gurley against the Seahawks week 15 last year. They still had Richardson and Bennett.

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WQk6Vft_TxU[/video]

No NFL game is a lay up just ask the Saints about their home opener but the Bears are positioned pretty well in this contest.

Black Rainbow

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't understand the "should be an easy win/blowout" predictions when our coach and QB have yet to put together four quarters of good football.