Wild @ Blackhawks IGT April 3rd @ 7:00

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Finally back to Blackhawks hockey after a 4-day layoff!

anigif_enhanced-buzz-4979-1386886657-10.gif

39-26-11, 89 points, 7th place in Western Conference

@

tumblr_m70ir7lyiR1qdo29qo1_500.gif
/pours one out for injured Kaner

42-19-15, 99 points, 5th place in Western Conference

Puckdrop: 7:00
TV: CSN Chicago, NBC Sports Network
Radio: WGN 720 AM

The Wild are in the midst of a 3-team race for the 2-wild card spots, so you know they'll be hungry for 2 points tonight.

Hawks are without Toews and Kane. Will post other updates regarding the lineup from the morning skate as I see them.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
From Scott Powers on Twitter:

Lines are Sharp-Shaw-Hossa, Versteeg-Nordstrom-Saad, Bickell-Regin-Morin, Bollig-Kruger-Smith.

Appears that Teuvo is being held out and that the Hawks are not planning on burning the first year of his entry-level contract this season.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Zeus out, Teuvo out, Roszival out.

Keith missed morning skate but is fine and will play.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The lineup alone makes tonight a must watch.

Go Shaw!!!

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Dissappointing about Tuevo but understandable. Little man at 19 is a dicey situation to begin with....put another off-season of meat on his bones. Good for him to get a taste of what this will take, and to be around the team and see what the vets go through. Can only help his progression.
Can't help but salivate at 2015 though!! 1) Sharp-Toews-Hossa 2) Saad-?-Kaner 3) Bickell-Shaw-? 4) Smith-Kruger-?

3 questions.....Tuevo, Morin, Bollig, Hayes, Nordstrum early answers in addition to veterans Versteeg and Handzus plug and play as needed. I love this team!!

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Dissappointing about Tuevo but understandable. Little man at 19 is a dicey situation to begin with....put another off-season of meat on his bones. Good for him to get a taste of what this will take, and to be around the team and see what the vets go through. Can only help his progression.
Can't help but salivate at 2015 though!! 1) Sharp-Toews-Hossa 2) Saad-?-Kaner 3) Bickell-Shaw-? 4) Smith-Kruger-?

3 questions.....Tuevo, Morin, Bollig, Hayes, Nordstrum early answers in addition to veterans Versteeg and Handzus plug and play as needed. I love this team!!

I think you can also pencil Stephen Johns and Adam Clendening in on the Hawks 3rd D pairing, Leddy on the 2nd, and Oduya/Roszival/Brookbrank out of town. May keep Roszival and platoon him again.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think you can also pencil Stephen Johns and Adam Clendening in on the Hawks 3rd D pairing, Leddy on the 2nd, and Oduya/Roszival/Brookbrank out of town. May keep Roszival and platoon him again.

not a fan of Oduya? I kinda like him and think he has had continued slow development. I like the Swedish pod we have. But with Johns coming up, Keith and Seabrook, Leddy, and I haven't heard of Clendiening yet? good things?

How do defensive rotations differ? I'm still learning....

I object to any fairweather fan BS....I didn't have a choice and I came back in 2005 or 2006. Not sure...the problem was I watched blackhawks as a kid all the time and Chelios/Roenick were of course my favorite players in 1993. You can imagine my surprise when I came back to hockey and found them both still playing 13 years later!!

But you have to understand....the NHL back in the day had serious television issues. I couldn't follow them except occossional games and playoffs. Right? Playoffs. So I watched the Sharks some where I lived, and watched playoffs, but my heart was with the Hawks. Once television opened up I was able to come back to the bears with Directv in 2001, and I was only able to afford NHL Ice one time....but to accuse every noob who didn't play hockey or be able to watch given the issue with NHL programming I don't think is fair. Perhaps many Chicagoans came back to the Blackhawks because they actaully could at a time when the team turned things around and started to make the playoffs when I could watch.

I'm trying to learn. The only sport I am a master of rules and tactics is soccer and football. Rugby and BBall still confound me some even though I played them. I finally figured out offside in the NHL....its not hard but remember the way you think about it is so different from Soccer that I had a blocker to actually understand that a hard line sets the offside, not a player and I just didn't get the clearing the zone thing and that all offensive players had to reestablish onsides. Its so much better to watch now. But like defensive zone responsibilities in bball, or half the cray cray in rugby....I still don't understand defense much in NHL. How long those guys play,

and I noticed the importance defensively of which direction you are going and where your bench is for shifts. Like how you can get caught switching defenseively if your bench is by your offensive blue line instead of your own. Is that real?

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
not a fan of Oduya? I kinda like him and think he has had continued slow development. I like the Swedish pod we have. But with Johns coming up, Keith and Seabrook, Leddy, and I haven't heard of Clendiening yet? good things?

How do defensive rotations differ? I'm still learning....

Clendening was the 2nd-leading point producer among AHL defensemen last season, and the guy ahead of him is now in the NHL full-time. He's second again this year. Hawks 2nd round pick in 2011.

It's not that I don't like Oduya. I really like what he's done this year and the last. He an Hjalmarsson routinely face the other teams' top lines and play well against them. But Clendening has now had 2 real good years in the minors and I think it's time to call him up. All reports I've read indicate that Johns is NHL-ready, too. I think Nick Leddy has taken a big leap this year and is worthy of 2nd pairing minutes. That means someone has to move, and I'd elect to move the Oduya, who's on the wrong side of 30.

But you have to understand....the NHL back in the day had serious television issues. I couldn't follow them except occossional games and playoffs. Right? Playoffs. So I watched the Sharks some where I lived, and watched playoffs, but my heart was with the Hawks. Once television opened up I was able to come back to the bears with Directv in 2001, and I was only able to afford NHL Ice one time....but to accuse every noob who didn't play hockey or be able to watch given the issue with NHL programming I don't think is fair. Perhaps many Chicagoans came back to the Blackhawks because they actaully could at a time when the team turned things around and started to make the playoffs when I could watch.

I'm trying to learn. The only sport I am a master of rules and tactics is soccer and football. Rugby and BBall still confound me some even though I played them. I finally figured out offside in the NHL....its not hard but remember the way you think about it is so different from Soccer that I had a blocker to actually understand that a hard line sets the offside, not a player and I just didn't get the clearing the zone thing and that all offensive players had to reestablish onsides. Its so much better to watch now. But like defensive zone responsibilities in bball, or half the cray cray in rugby....I still don't understand defense much in NHL. How long those guys play,

and I noticed the importance defensively of which direction you are going and where your bench is for shifts. Like how you can get caught switching defenseively if your bench is by your offensive blue line instead of your own. Is that real?

Oh that's real for sure. Make a bad change in the 2nd period (that's when it happens) and it's much more likely to result in an odd man rush the other way.

If you want another tactic to watch, keep an eye on how the Hawks move the puck out of their zone tonight, as this has been a problem lately. In a typical "breakout," as it's called, the wingers are supposed to come down near the faceoff circles to accept a pass from a defensemen. Then the center makes himself available for a short pass into the middle of the ice to begin the team ahead.

Now, on higher skilled teams such as the Hawks, the wingers may not come back quite as far and rely on their D-men to make a long stretch pass out of the zone. Chicago has done this quite well at times. But other times they're too reliant on them and bad things happen when those passes fail to connect. With Toews and Kane out, I think you can expect to see the wingers come back as far as they can to help transition from offense to defense.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
maybe.....lets enjoy Oduya in these playoffs then.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Kinda wasn't sure Sharp would play.

I'm not sold on Johns and Clendening making the team outright next year, Q doesn't do that frequently, they'll probably get on the Rockford travel line.

I think Johns to learn more professional hockey positioning and not just relying on his size and Adam is supposedly below were Leddy was defensively a few years ago. With Runblad on contract, I don't think other defensively questionable guys jump up.

Sent from my LGL85C using Tapatalk 2

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
1-0 Wild, we can turn this around. We got to

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Bickell is back!!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Lead with a great steal by Morin and pickel up put

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Not Crawford's best moment there.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Do you believe in shootouticles...

Hossa patented half slap and no Kane no toews victory.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Any two points earned without 19 and 88 in the lineup are two points I won't complain about.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not Crawford's best moment there.

at least he cleaned it up for once in overtime

Keith had the play of the game on the finish after Crawford got stretched out and laid on the carpet like a ragdoll helpless.