Will Kyle Fuller & Akiem Hicks be traded or cut?

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

The two biggest targets, just by the numbers, are cornerback Kyle Fuller ($11 million cap savings) and defensive end Akiem Hicks ($11.5 million). It’s possible that one might have to go.

circusboy666

Liked Posts:
I think both will still be here unless involved in a trade for a QB. Restructuring their deals or extending Hicks short term.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
If one HAS to go and assuming its a cut and not a trade.....its a no brainer that of the two, it would have to be hicks.

Agree but Fuller hold a high trade value I think the Bears can get a 2nd round pick.

TL1961

Liked Posts:

The two biggest targets, just by the numbers, are cornerback Kyle Fuller ($11 million cap savings) and defensive end Akiem Hicks ($11.5 million). It’s possible that one might have to go.
Restructured

RubberBanMan

I’m just a fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
Would like to see them extend fuller. I wouldnt be surprised to see hicks gone. Gonna be crazy next week

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
Bears Defense is a step down without Hicks. We've all seen that.

Of course, Hicks missed 11 games in 2019, but besides that, he played all 16 games his first 3 years as a Bear, and only missed one game in 2020. Although his sack number was down (3.5), he still had 21 QB Hits (his highest total to date)! He can collapse the middle.

We add Goldman back, we have a great defense again. We don't want to cut/trade Hicks.

We don't want to cut/trade Fuller either. Although Hicks probably lost a step (age 31) last year, and Fuller has not, Hicks is still more important to the team. Pace should try to restructure as necessary.

ChiGuy

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Extend Fuller & cut Hicks. You’re creating a hole at CB if you move Fuller on when you could just manipulate his cap number.

Hicks’ health is a concern, as is his age, maybe it’s a year too early to move on but Bears way too often leave it until it’s a year or two too late.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Restructure fuller no doubt
IF the bears could get crazy value for hicks and say receive a 3rd, i might deal him. But I don’t see why you don’t restructure him if the end goal and focus is Wilson or Watson. You make that trade, go all in

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
I'd love to extend Fuller, lowering his cap and leave Hicks' deal alone. If you HAVE to cut one of them, Hicks is the no-brainer. Health issues that aren't likely to go away as he gets younger and remains over 320lbs. But ideally, you can make a QB move and Robinson fit without needing to cut or extend Hicks . Then this time next year, you can let Hicks walk at 32 and Nichols will be up for extension. If Goldman comes back strong and Nichols continues to perform back in his natural position, then you can afford to lose Hicks.

While a Fuller cut saves 11M, he has a 9M dead cap. Fuller's too good to have 9M on the books just for him to not be here. As I have said, same exact situation, similar level of play as Darius Slay. Slay was traded from Detroit to Philly, but he was extended in Philly after the trade and the contract of Fuller should mirror that.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think Hicks best years are behind him

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
I think both get restructured. There's risk in doing that with Hicks, but they can monitor his snaps and essentially extend his effectiveness like many older DL.