Will Kyle Long be a Bear next year?

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
His guaranteed money is up after this year and will be thirty years old at this point I don't know if he's much better than Eric Kush. James Daniels should take his spot next year and Bears will probably draft another guard.

Long is set to make 7 million in 2019 & 8 million in 2020.

LG: Eric Kush/Rookie
C: Cody Whitehair
RG: James Daniels

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yes, he is good.

Cutting him saves us 5 million and costs us 5 million

Kush is a backup, a good backup, but a massive downgrade.

We already need to replace our RT.

Long is also a team leader and you cannot just cut those guys without repercussions.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Yes, he is good.

Long is also a team leader and you cannot just cut those guys without repercussions.

What do you think about Rashaad Coward? Is he progressing at RT or OG, where ever we have him now.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
really not cool calling Windy a coward like that

I can't tell if you can't read because you're Texan or making a joke. The Texan thing seems more likely.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
What do you think about Rashaad Coward? Is he progressing at RT or OG, where ever we have him now.

I think he will get a shot at RT, but I doubt that they are going to roll with just him and no veteran/draft insurance.

The real problem is that we have so few guys under contract.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
His guaranteed money is up after this year and will be thirty years old at this point I don't know if he's much better than Eric Kush. James Daniels should take his spot next year and Bears will probably draft another guard.

Long is set to make 7 million in 2019 & 8 million in 2020.

LG: Eric Kush/Rookie
C: Cody Whitehair
RG: James Daniels
Are you a Novak alt?

mecha

Liked Posts:
He was joking, Novak was trolled by Kyle Long's Twitter and it got 5k retweets since then Novak has held vengeance.

:lmao:

I vaguely remember this. only a DOUCHE could achieve such a feat.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yes, he is good.

This and unless he takes another major ding, will be better next year. These guys don't have the time to beef up during the season and he didn't during recovery last off season either.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Yes, he is good.

Cutting Long this off-season will not cost the Bears 5m next season.

And yes OP, he's as good as gone.

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
He was joking, Novak was trolled by Kyle Long's Twitter and it got 5k retweets since then Novak has held vengeance.

This never happened

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:

I was always curious why Novak had such hatred towards Long.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
This never happened

Ok, then what was it? And don´t try to say that he sucks. He was pretty good his first 2 years, was played out of position and has been hurt for many years now. Not amazing but certainly not as bad as your personal quest seems to make him out to be.

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Ok, then what was it? And don´t try to say that he sucks. He was pretty good his first 2 years, was played out of position and has been hurt for many years now. Not amazing but certainly not as bad as your personal quest seems to make him out to be.

How many Right Guards have given up 2.5 sacks so far this season? How about 9 QB pressures?

Only on CCS do you need to be IRL twitter trolled by a player to think he sucks at 30 years old and 97 years removed from a pro-bowl, being extremely fragile and overpaid, and having league dumpster-worthy stats.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
How many Right Guards have given up 2.5 sacks so far this season? How about 9 QB pressures?

Only on CCS do you need to be IRL twitter trolled by a player to think he sucks at 30 years old and 97 years removed from a pro-bowl, being extremely fragile and overpaid, and having league dumpster-worthy stats.

You hated him well before this year so however badly he plays this year is not the reason for the hatred.

It doesn´t matter to me. I think he is kind of a goofball who gets in too many fights. He is far from being a pro-bowler. The problem I see is that it has become expensive getting any lineman. Are the Bears going to pay more for Long´s replacement who has less ability than Long?

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I feel like we're 100% going to bring in a RT via free agency or the draft. Would suck to have to replace 2 starting OL in one offseason.