In the Land of the Blind the One Eyed Fan Is Neggd
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
I know the seemingly obvious answer is Hell No, but hear me out...

The hiring of HC Nagy and then Helfrich as OC could lead to an explosive offense if they get one more play maker.
I believe Saquon Barkley is that player. Just imagine an uptempo spread offense with Saquon Barkley AND Jordan Howard alternating carries plus Trubisky utilizing the run pass option plays. The Bears would terrorize opposing defenses.

Tarik Cohen is a great player but at the end of the day he is too small for a heavy load running the ball and might be best served as a slot receiver. Howard is a very very good back but he's a poor receiver and doesn't have the breakaway speed and quickness to be truley elite. Saquon Barkely is elite in every way.

If Barkley drops to #8 that would be the best case scenario but its really not likely he makes past #4. A move up into the top 5 might cost the Bears a third rounder but the reward would be worth it. The Bears would instantly have a playoff worthy offense to pair with a top 10 defense.

So what do you guys thing???

Visionman

Liked Posts:
For Barkley? Doubt it. But for Chubb or Fitz? I hope he considers it.

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
I don't know if he'd trade up for that player you want, and I was about to criticize you for thinking he would trade up at all, but to be honest, the fuck if I know!

Ryan pace is surprising and keeps things so close to the vest that if I'm being honest with myself nothing can be ruled out.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

bufordht

Liked Posts:
Howard and 8 for colts 3 if Chubb is on the board...

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
I understand and respect the thought process. That said, the Bears have bigger needs. They could still draft a RB later in the draft and they already have a very good running game.

Xplosive

In the Land of the Blind the One Eyed Fan Is Neggd
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
Our strongest position on a team with tons of holes and you suggest trading UP to take another one? I digress

This team has a top 10 defense, and had the worst offensive coordinator and scheme. If you added just Barkley and the incoming coaching staff this team would have probably gone 8-8 in 2017. A couple FA pieces and this team can make the playoffs next year if the offense has an unstoppable run game (Howard+Barkley) and creative playcalling.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
I don’t want to see Pace trade up at all. The bears need all the picks they can get and they need production from late round picks. That being said, the idea of drafting Saquon Barkley is boner inducing.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
If he's a once in a lifetime player trade up. But if he's that player you'll probably get into a bidding war.

CAP BOSO

Liked Posts:
I think Barkley is good, but not good enough that I want him to come in and take carries away from Howard. I think we need another back, but I'd take Sony Michel in the 2nd rather than trading up when we need help on OL, pass rush, wr, and possibly cb.

Nick80

Liked Posts:
They will take OL so no trade up is necessary. Hopefully a trade down occurs.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Worst thread ever. Bears have a terrific running back and little talent on the rest of the team and you want to trade up and take a running back

This is a perfect example of why so many believe the Bears fans are among the stupidest in the NFL

Mjiton

Liked Posts:
Take the best OL on the board. And with a certain ND OL coach on board it's probably gonna be one of them boys on ND's right side.

doctorbear

Liked Posts:
I know the seemingly obvious answer is Hell No, but hear me out...

The hiring of HC Nagy and then Helfrich as OC could lead to an explosive offense if they get one more play maker.
I believe Saquon Barkley is that player. Just imagine an uptempo spread offense with Saquon Barkley AND Jordan Howard alternating carries plus Trubisky utilizing the run pass option plays. The Bears would terrorize opposing defenses.

Tarik Cohen is a great player but at the end of the day he is too small for a heavy load running the ball and might be best served as a slot receiver. Howard is a very very good back but he's a poor receiver and doesn't have the breakaway speed and quickness to be truley elite. Saquon Barkely is elite in every way.

If Barkley drops to #8 that would be the best case scenario but its really not likely he makes past #4. A move up into the top 5 might cost the Bears a third rounder but the reward would be worth it. The Bears would instantly have a playoff worthy offense to pair with a top 10 defense.

So what do you guys thing???

Get help

bufordht

Liked Posts:
Take the best OL on the board. And with a certain ND OL coach on board it's probably gonna be one of them boys on ND's right side.

I'd prefer the left side but to each his own