CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
If you're going by that value chart, the #3 is worth 2,200 and the #9 is 1,350, so is AJ McCarron worth 850 in value? Throw in a 3rd round pick and I'd be interested.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
killer-clown-hoax-makes-its-way-to-oklahoma.jpg

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If you're going by that value chart, the #3 is worth 2,200 and the #9 is 1,350, so is AJ McCarron worth 850 in value? Throw in a 3rd round pick and I'd be interested.

I think you have to look beyond the sum of draft value parts here. At 3 you have the chance to potentially fix the QB situation for a decade. Passing that chance up for McCarron plus a sum of equal trade value means you're still minus an impact player at the most important position. I don't think a later pick makes up for that, even if the draft value chart says the trade is equal.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
You'd think this was a no brainer, but people are still talking about which defensive player to get. I can't get my head around Bears fans.

It's simple. There are no QBs worth the three pick for most posters here. You can get a QB after the first round to groom or trade for one. You seem to think one option only exists. Yes we need to address the QB position, the how and where very. Everybody wants a QB.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
FUCK.NO.

Ignore the value chart and look at comparable trades. Last year the eagles traded from 8 to 2 with cleveland to draft Wentz, which is quite similar to going from 9 to 3 (same amount of picks moved up, similar draft spot). To get there, the Eagles gave up their first, third and fourth pick that year, a first the following year, and a second in 2018. Cleveland also shipped Philly a 4th that year, so lets just nix the two fourth rounders swapped for this comparison.

Basically, you are saying that McCarron is worth a third rounder, a first the next year, and a second two years down the road. That is pretty much batshit crazy by definition.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It's simple. There are no QBs worth the three pick for most posters here.

That's because most people just blindly accept what they hear in the sports media. This class is better than last year's. There are three QBs with talent worthy of the #3 pick, and all three of them have more talent and upside than any QB available in trades (JG, McCarron etc) or later in the draft. There's a huge drop off from Watson and Kizer to guys like Davis Webb or gimmick nonsense like Mahomes.

You can get a QB after the first round to groom or trade for one.

Yeah, you can dumpster dive for the most important position in sports, again. The one position which has held the Bears back for decades, even more so in today's QB league. Great idea. All because most Bears fans are terrified of pulling the trigger and going for it. It's insane.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
This is unreal.

Can anyone sit here and really say that Goff/Wentz are better prospects or more accomplished or have more upside than Watson, Kizer, and Trubisky? All three of the latter are better athletes, have better measurables, will test better at the combine, there's no character concerns etc..Yet last year we had Goff and Wentz go 1-2, but Watson, Kizer, and Trubsiky are a bad draft class?

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I wouldn't do that trade for a guy like AJ.McCarron and would rather do something like.

2nd round pick this year #36
2018 2nd rounder
K.Fuller
for
Jimmy G
and a 5th rounder in this draft or 2018

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
I wouldn't do that trade for a guy like AJ.McCarron and would rather do something like.

2nd round pick this year #36
2018 2nd rounder
K.Fuller
for
Jimmy G
and a 5th rounder in this draft or 2018
Are you brain dead? Beliceck would never go for that shit trade

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
I proposed the trade and wanted to see what the temp in the room was on it. I would not make that trade for that so i agree with those of you that said no. I would be interested in trading the #3 pick but itd take far more than just a swap and a back up qb. The only way i make that trade is our #3 for McCarron,#9,2nd rounder and their first rounder next year. Anything less than that is a no go. Id also then take a qb with my 2nd round pick.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
That's because most people just blindly accept what they hear in the sports media. This class is better than last year's. There are three QBs with talent worthy of the #3 pick, and all three of them have more talent and upside than any QB available in trades (JG, McCarron etc) or later in the draft. There's a huge drop off from Watson and Kizer to guys like Davis Webb or gimmick nonsense like Mahomes.

Yeah, you can dumpster dive for the most important position in sports, again. The one position which has held the Bears back for decades, even more so in today's QB league. Great idea. All because most Bears fans are terrified of pulling the trigger and going for it. It's insane.

So because someone disagrees with you they just blindly follow the media? That's some bullshit right there. I form my own opinions, and i don't think any of these quarterbacks are worth high first round picks. I think Trubisky is a low first rounder, and Watson and Kizer early 2nd rounders. I thought the same thing about Wentz and Goff(and Lynch). And i still do.

In the end, just because i'm desperate for a QB doesn't mean i think the Bears should take any QB at 3 over elite defensive prospects. And just because YOU think the only answer is drafting a QB at 3 doesn't mean you have to derail every thread discussing alternative options.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
I proposed the trade and wanted to see what the temp in the room was on it. I would not make that trade for that so i agree with those of you that said no. I would be interested in trading the #3 pick but itd take far more than just a swap and a back up qb. The only way i make that trade is our #3 for McCarron,#9,2nd rounder and their first rounder next year. Anything less than that is a no go. Id also then take a qb with my 2nd round pick.

I'd swap 2nds for McCarron. I like him alot, and think he's definitely an option for the Bears.