Would You Ever Want A New Wrigley Field?

AE23

from 68th
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would. Why are people so against the Cubs ever moving out of Wrigley Field, theres nothing good about it. People tell me its historic, and that its a Chicago institution......., and yeah, it has 100 plus historic years of losing, and an instituion of major league futility. I will also argue that its dimensions are a disadvantage, there are no real bullpens, then theres the foul ground. There is no foul ground. Bartman.Then the baskets on the outfield wall, what is that, take these shits off. And dont get me started with the bleachers, and the pathethic rooftop patios. People sitting way too close.

The Ricketts want 300 millionof taxpayer money to pay for renovations.Of course theyr not putting up their own money, they already spent 900 million, and theyrs no profit to be had right away, if at all. I will just say it, I dont think the Cubs will ever win a World Series in that ballpark. Some of you will argue that Boston did it in an even older, smaller park. But, they had two slugger, steroid freaks in the middle of their line up. If the Cubs can get a couple of homerun hittin steroid freaks, then yes, it possible aswell. But, I think the windows closed on that one, Sammys not walkin through that door.

I will also point to the Yankess, with their rich history of winning championships, built a New Yankee Stadium. I would without hesitation trade Wrigley Field for a World Series title. How about you?

Last edited:

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
I am in favor of a new field. But if not, I don't care. I'm fine either way.

They would have to be move out of Chicago tho.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
I would. Why are people so against the Cubs ever moving out of Wrigley Field, theres nothing good about it. People tell me its historic, and that its a Chicago institution......., and yeah, it has 100 plus historic years of losing, and an instituion of major league futility. I will also argue that its dimensions are a disadvantage, there are no real bullpens, then theres the foul ground. There is no foul ground. Bartman.Then the baskets on the outfield wall, what is that, take these shits off. And dont get me started with the bleachers, and the pathethic rooftop patios. People sitting way too close.

The Ricketts want 300 millionof taxpayer money to pay for renovations.Of course theyr not putting up their own money, they already spent 900 million, and theyrs no profit to be had right away, if at all. I will just say it, I dont think the Cubs will ever win a World Series in that ballpark. Some of you will argue that Boston did it in an even older, smaller park. But, they had two slugger, steroid fraks in the middle of their line up. If the Cubs can get a couple of homerun hittin steroid freaks, then yes, it possible aswell. But, I think the windows closed on that one, Sammys not walkin through that door.

I will also point to the Yankess, wich their rich history of winning championships, built a New Yankee Stadium. I would without hesitation trade Wrigley Field for a World Series title. How about you?

Actually, it only has 94 years of losing. It has been around for 96 years, but the Whales won it all in 1915 but the FL wasn't allowing to participate in the World Series.

I'd be fine with a new stadium too.

The Bandit

vick27m
Donator
Liked Posts:
Get a new one. Exact replica if you want but make a new one already

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Get a new one. Exact replica if you want but make a new one already

For an exact replica, I'd just do a big remodel like the one planned for 2014.

The Bandit

vick27m
Donator
Liked Posts:
No rip that shit down and build a new one. New steel new seats new everything. But make an exact replica if thats what the majority wants. I could careless i love Wrigley but at some point its gotta go. Why not now

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
No rip that shit down and build a new one. New steel new seats new everything. But make an exact replica if thats what the majority wants. I could careless i love Wrigley but at some point its gotta go. Why not now

I want a new stadium altogether when/if we move. No point in building the same thing all over again somewhere else to ruin Wrigleyville.

The Bandit

vick27m
Donator
Liked Posts:
I want a new stadium altogether when/if we move. No point in building the same thing all over again somewhere else to ruin Wrigleyville.

Did you read my post? I said build a replica if thats what the MAJORITY wants. I'm fine with a new one or a replica doesn't matter as long as they win

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Did you read my post? I said build a replica if thats what the MAJORITY wants. I'm fine with a new one or a replica doesn't matter as long as they win

I read it, yes. But I don't care what the majority wants.

The majority wants to stay at Wrigley. If it were to be a replica, might as well just stay and renovate it.

Ricketts will never tear down the place where he met his wife or tear down a "landmark" either though, so I doubt it will happen soon enough to really be worth discussing right now anyway.

derosabomb

Joecawks is a dope
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
blow it up!!

IvyPickin87

Sinkin Putts ****in Butts
Donator
Liked Posts:
No mallpark nope keep wrigley as long as you can. And if they go for a new stadium it wont be in chitown but a suburb fuck that.

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
Not every ballpark thats not Wrigely and Fenway is a "mallpark".

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Yes.

New stadium could be good.

AE23

from 68th
Donator
Liked Posts:
OK, I see we all agree that Wrigleyville is the obstacle. Nobody wants to lose that, but think of what would be gained. Nobody wants to play ball in the Suburbs. One option,...the West side, build near the United Center, close asshell to the NorthSide. Im just sayin. or even a temporary stadium for a season or so while either breaking ground or re and mean really re-constructing that dump on addison. The Cubs arent gonna die if they dont play a season in Wrgley. The Bears played in Champaign for a season.

The main reason i dont like Wrigley is its dimension. Modern day baseball should not be played in this stadium. Remember when that pitcher whats his name from the Dodgers, threw a chair into the stands, and the Bartman play WTF,.... unless the Cubs have the best pitching in the league, they are not gonna win a world series in that park. Mark my words.

Wrigley is not my beef, its the actual playing field.

Last edited:

AE23

from 68th
Donator
Liked Posts:
real inner city chi

No mallpark nope keep wrigley as long as you can. And if they go for a new stadium it wont be in chitown but a suburb fuck that.

The West Side brotha. c'mon. No Chicago sports in the Burbs. West side, close to the north

AddisonStation

YamaHama it's fright nite
Donator
Liked Posts:
I say no in the short term (20 yrs or so) unless its built in the same place. Ive said it before, the neighborhood and general location is irreplaceable.

Long term its going to happen eventually anyway Someday I just don't want it to be in the burbs.

AddisonStation

YamaHama it's fright nite
Donator
Liked Posts:
OK, I see we all agree that Wrigleyville is the obstacle. Nobody wants to lose that, but think of what would be gained. Nobody wants to play ball in the Suburbs. One option,...the West side, build near the United Center, close asshell to the NorthSide. Im just sayin. or even a temporary stadium for a season or so while either breaking ground or re and mean really re-constructing that dump on addison. The Cubs arent gonna die if they dont play a season in Wrgley. The Bears played in Champaign for a season.

The main reason i dont like Wrigley is its dimension. Modern day baseball should not be played in this stadium. Remember when that pitcher whats his name from the Dodgers, threw a chair into the stands, and the Bartman play WTF,.... unless the Cubs have the best pitching in the league, they are not gonna win a world series in that park. Mark my words.

Wrigley is not my beef, its the actual playing field.

1. For the billionth time, most of the stadium is fine.
2. Itd be fine to play elsewhere for one season. No problem there.
3. The playing field is great thanks to the Sox guy they hired to build the new surface.
4. If the Cubs are good enough to win the division there is no reason they cant win it all at Wrigley. Complete assumption and a poor one.

wadedog21

Bleedin' Cubbie Blue
Liked Posts:
NO! Wrigley Field is a place where baseball is still baseball. If you want an amusement park go to Disneyland!!!